Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel

Co-Op points are point-less!

17 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Players
319 posts

Hi all, I've got a suggestion which may or may not be a popular one but I know I'm not alone in it. This is based upon my observations of the game right now; notably, Co-Op.

I'm not a Co-Op main by any means. Of my more than 11k total games, less than 500 are PVE. However, I've noticed that since the addition of extra ship slots a few patches back, games just don't last long enough to be satisfying. I've found myself wanting to reach for co-op more and more recently, but every time I do it feels like the match ends too quickly due to points maxing out. I know this didn't used to be case and while I do recall some matches being ruined by premature points, it certainly wouldn't be every match as seems to be the case now. 

Just to clarify. I'm not moaning that matches end before I can do anything; I still do well enough despite this (though I do feel a little sorry for slow BBs who can't even get to the cap before it ends). it just seems a little redundant to use the points system as it is in Co-Op. The bots don't last long enough to justify the accumulation of points; at least not so many. :) Opinions?

Edit: I should add that I'm especially eager to hear what PVE mains think.

• Cool 3

[H_FAN]
Players
2,682 posts
45,089 battles
3 minutes ago, Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel said:

Hi all, I've got a suggestion which may or may not be a popular one but I know I'm not alone in it. This is based upon my observations of the game right now; notably, Co-Op.

I'm not a Co-Op main by any means. Of my more than 8k total games, less than 500 are PVE. However, I've noticed that since the addition of extra ship slots a few patches back, games just don't last long enough to be satisfying. I've found myself wanting to reach for co-op more and more recently, but every time I do it feels like the match ends too quickly due to points maxing out. I know this didn't used to be case and while I do recall some matches being ruined by premature points, it certainly wouldn't be every match as seems to be the case now. 

Just to clarify. I'm not moaning that matches end before I can do anything; I still do well enough despite this (though I do feel a little sorry for slow BBs who can't even get to the cap before it ends). it just seems a little redundant to use the points system as it is in Co-Op. The bots don't last long enough to justify the accumulation of points; at least not so many. :) Opinions?

One thing you might notice is that the points problem and early stop fights are scewed towards domination games with no Red cap from the start as the bots almost never cap.

But in standard mode and domination on some maps with 4 zones where each team starts with one gives the Bots som points so then it takes far longer for them to reach zero. In a 3 point domination mode where they do not get any + points without sinking there you have the problem. (Btw I have roughly 10 K in Pve and 20K+ in Random ).

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,635 battles

I agree.

It happens waaay too often that a game is over too soon. Even more annoying when the bots all go one side so when you push forward just to find nothing and you spend the whole game just trying to get some shots in before the end. Par this with the low "profit" and you can walk away from a co-op with a huge credit-loss just because some bot "decided" that the grass were greener on the other side.

shot-20_02.15_11_50.47-0609.thumb.jpg.277b3723910fe2c99dc3f8c202c25c68.jpgshot-20_03.04_13_26.24-0880.thumb.jpg.fd9c7c56b691dc3ff6234bc6c40a7bf9.jpgshot-20_03.04_13_26.44-0462.thumb.jpg.cd82a4ac4720ca3f058a0b5857740413.jpgshot-20_03.04_13_26.49-0696.thumb.jpg.4ef583450ef1da07a8510e105c347aca.jpg

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles

It is a rare thing to max out the points in Co-Op.

It happens more often that the bot team reaches zero points.

• Cool 1

Players
3,029 posts

Too many good players leave random and sail in co op. My advice is to play at 'unpopular' hours and risk being alone in a team vs bots. Since you are experienced you will win more and the few times you might (rarely) lose it won't matter so much. I do this and enjoy long games (2 of my last ones I won by outlasting the bots and timed them out - I was alone against six opponents since the 6 minute)

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,026 battles
38 minutes ago, Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel said:

I've got a suggestion

@Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel

Sorry - what is your suggestion? I can't actually see one

Yes Coops are over very quickly.

I'd like to see a reduction back to 7x7 rather than the 9x9 we have currently. That is when the bots were added to make up to the 9 on the green side and the game length took a hit.

As for "there are no points to be had"

513685924_CossackCoop.thumb.png.10981d8c9886d800566d49ec546fe0d6.png

Edited by Cambera_1
Additional content
  • Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
319 posts
9 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

As for there are no points to be had

I never said you don't get XP or post match bonuses, just that many games are over sooner than seems necessary.

My suggestion was that points are a problem. The solution is what you've just offered. And I happen to agree; 7v7 was fine.

27 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is a rare thing to max out the points in Co-Op.

It happens more often that the bot team reaches zero points.

Agree! Not sure why I phrased it as I did as of course this happens a lot more than maxing them out. But yes. One of my friends suggested more starting points could be a solution to that.

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
7 minutes ago, Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel said:

Agree! Not sure why I phrased it as I did as of course this happens a lot more than maxing them out. But yes. One of my friends suggested more starting points could be a solution to that.

WG was told that some weeks ago. They did not listen yet.

Players
1,063 posts
15,102 battles
52 minutes ago, Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel said:

I'm not a Co-Op main by any means. Of my more than 11k total games, less than 500 are PVE. However, I've noticed that since the addition of extra ship slots a few patches back, games just don't last long enough to be satisfying. I've found myself wanting to reach for co-op more and more recently, but every time I do it feels like the match ends too quickly due to points maxing out. I know this didn't used to be case and while I do recall some matches being ruined by premature points, it certainly wouldn't be every match as seems to be the case now. 

Nine humans managing total six kills before the bot team runs out of points and the match ending is going to leave a minimum of three humans feeling short-changed.

(this applies more to 3-cap domination or epicentre battles where the bot team cannot increase their starting points. Standard and 4-cap battles can be slightly better, with seven, maybe even eight kills before the bot team runs out of points)

Co-op is such a simple battle mode, and yet so hard to please everyone all of the time. Whatever changes could be suggested can equally be argued against for perfectly valid reasons.

I don't like the current situation, but I can tolerate it because most of the time I'm able to get what I needed; or some battles do go the distance; or, even better, there's only me and a couple of other humans so we can actually use a co-operative strategy. Every battle is unique in some way.

My preference would be to develop more and/or restore existing scenarios to scratch the pve itch.

OP, I think what you're describing is the result of a combination of peak-time play and event-focused incentives. It's not always like that, just mostly.

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
29 minutes ago, Scipio_Africanus1829 said:

Enlighten me.

• Smoke boundaries
  • Last position on minimap
  • Target point on minimap
  • ARP camos
  • Hidden camos that still work

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

Is this really another thread about co-ops lasting too short?

I mean... I do agree on all that but we have a thread on the very first page of the very same section of the forum.

Alongside so many other threads about the same issue like these 2 which are also quite fresh...

Don't get me wrong but I don't think we need a dozen of threads about the exact same issue and scrolling a bit or using the 'search' option would help prevent that.

[-LA-]
Players
695 posts
5,288 battles
4 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Is this really another thread about co-ops lasting too short?

I mean... I do agree on all that but we have a thread on the very first page of the very same section of the forum.

and you just bumped this one back up....

i to am playing more and more co op , its sad to say but its just a lot more fun than pvp right now and given how brainless and unrewarding/challenging co op is that is a tragic statememnt. 

so id welcome any increase to the pve side. could just give the enemy 50% more ships or something as a fast and dirty way to make them a bit more meaty

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
3 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

and you just bumped this one back up....

It was on top anyways. It's not like I bumped it after few days but less than half an hour after the last post... :cap_horn:

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,026 battles
1 hour ago, Palubarac said:

I don't think we need a dozen of threads about the exact same issu

Actually this the only way that it will get through to the powers that be. It is easy to ignore one composite thread, such as the Old CV thread. 

The more that are started by different people the better as it shows that more people are concerned and that the issue hasn't gone away.

Coop needs fixing... 

Sign in to follow this