Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skyee_8492

Split lines & other thoughts.

7 comments in this topic

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts

My thoughts & opinions! 

Reworking, Dedicated lines, Splits, (With in reason) 

I only bring this up because the Russian cruiser line is getting reworked and a split, Tbh thought it could be done with it the least and it got me thinking what could be do with other nations.

For example Battleships that are technically Battlecruisers/Fast Battleships

Kongo, as a rough idea moving Fuso to a T5 and introducing Ise to the T6 spot or keeping Fuso at T6 using more realistic paper warships to flesh out the lines WG are also so fond of for there own lines. 

Amagi as a T8 battlecruiser /Tosa as a T8 battleship which seems more logical because Nagato looks more like Tosa than Nagato looks more like Amagi  (as a another example.) 

Battleships

T3-Satsuma

T4-Kawachi

T5-Fuso

T6-Ise

T7-Nagato

T8-Tosa/13 Class Project

T9-izumo

T10-Yamato

Battlecruisers

T3-Kurama

T4-Project B-39/40/41

T5-Myogi

T6-Ishizuchi/Kongo

T7-Ashitaka

T8-Amagi/Kii

T9-Amagi/Kii Type design with Izumo guns)

T10- Azuma/Yoshino

& I've seen a post on here somewhere for an interesting U.S BB split at T4 but this is my take on it with a little shuffling here and there. 

T4-Wyoming - Delaware

T5-New York - Florida

T6-New Mexico - Nevada 

T7-Colorado - Tennessee

T8-North Carolina - South Dakota Class

T9-Iowa - Lexington 

T10-Montana-Louisiana

R.N 

Battleships /Split/ Battlecruisers

T3- Bellerophon - Invincible

T4-Orion - Indefatigable 

T5-Iron Duke - Audacious - Princess Royal

T6-Queen Elizabeth -Revenge- Tiger

T7- King George V - Renown

T8- Monarch - Rodney - Hood (& refit upgrade)

T9-Lion - (M2/M3 Design) - (J3 design)

T10-Conqueror - (N3 Design) - (K3 design)

With available upgrades to keep ships competitive such and stock hull on Iron Duke with its current upgrade already in game as the stock hull becoming its upgrade, Same story with the Q.E class & Hood's Intended refit as an example.

The same could be done to the German lines.

With some buffs, nerfs and reworks it seems plausible. After all, CV's got reworked and the Russian cruiser line is about to as well so how hard can it be? 

With a bit of shuffling of the ships, It seems to make the lines a lot more logical in my mind in there development as a whole rather than having one class, leaping past the next and then picking it up rather than traits of a specific line that just carry over like R.N HE shells for example. I guess the real issue is a lot of the ships used that don't fill in the logical gaps become premium ships. An unfortunate side effect perhaps! 

Newer additions and better way to improve wants already there 

Other additions could be re-skinning & remodeling some older ships in the game look kind of dated compared to newer ships coming on line like they did with Yamato.

Fubuki Shinonome come to mind, Same class of ship yet there quality is completely different Shinonome having clear windows on the bridge but Fubuki doesn't for an example. 

A wider option for permanent camouflages for all tiers for example Tirpitz has 3 or 4 & the Iron Duke has none but ships in the same tier have have the option for permanent camouflage application, Why? Not to mention the accuracy of the camouflages again as an example, Tirpitz Norwegian camo is black and white not the green and brown it should be at least to my knowledge.  

More operations would be a plus for me cause i like playing them but playing the same 5 over and over is now boring. At least 3 were taken offline with the CV rework and haven't seen the light of day again like Cherry Blossom which showed great potential for night operations in the game (personally speaking) and perhaps some rough sea action with actual waves. 

The damage cosmetics and sinking simulations could be another point of improvement i.e when a ship detonates, shreds of the ship blow off unlike the current one with just a huge fireball. 

Obviously some of "MY OPINIONS" might be unrealistic but to me worth saying non the less to me as a counter opinion to WG's need to hastily rework the Russian cruiser line which personally speaking seem a lot more plausible to my mind not to mention an Italian Battleship line hasn't seen the light of day yet.

•  
  • Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,244 posts
27,034 battles

Dude WG is NOT going to make ships that are already in the game as premiums into silver line ships, that boat just wont float

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Dude WG is NOT going to make ships that are already in the game as premiums into silver line ships, that boat just wont float

I know they won't. That part was more on wishful thinking haha 

It would be a nice selfless act if they did. After all, they don't mind changing tech ships into premiums and charging the player base for the privilege haha so why not reverse the process in the name of a more diverse ship choice even if they swapped out the Names with the same ship class like Ashitaka to Amagi ect.  I know the Japanese battlecruiser line has a couple of premiums in it but are they really that popular anyway? Like it said with the logical gaps being filled in the premium ships, making a more logical tech line is not existent at this point. Pity really! 

Players
7,811 posts
39,434 battles

Azuma and Yoshino are CB not battle cruiser me with 310 mm guns. 

They can make a T10 "possible" battle cruiser design with 410mm. 

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,360 posts
18,216 battles

Myogi? Tier V? Eek.  

Move Kongo over to the IJN BC tree at Tier V. Tier VI is the same class of ship but upgunned to (ahistorical but possible) 15 inch guns (like KGV/ Monarch). Tier VII is Amagi class with same 15 inch guns as Tier VI (rather like QE/Hood).  Amagi goes to Tier VIII BC, Tosa goes in to BB line as replacement. 

• Cool 1

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
12 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Azuma and Yoshino are CB not battle cruiser me with 310 mm guns. 

They can make a T10 "possible" battle cruiser design with 410mm. 

I know. I struggled to find anything that could be a logical step for that haha Long story short they didn't design anything i could find anyways.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,360 posts
18,216 battles
4 minutes ago, Skyee_8492 said:

I know. I struggled to find anything that could be a logical step for that haha Long story short they didn't design anything i could find anyways.

The Tier IX is an Amagi hull with boosted speed,  loadsa secondaries and 3 x 2 18 inch guns. That's the Georgia template,  so we know it works at IX.

(I realised that the IJN never used 15 inch guns, btw - could have sworn they did! Nay mind, though, let's follow the USN pattern...)

BC line

Tier V - Kongo (WW1 BC guise, more limited range than the current Kongo)

Tier VI - Hiei - WW2 Fast Battleship with modernised AA, secondaries and 14" with improved range/traverse (equivalent to current Kongo)

Tier VII - Kurama - Hybrid prototype;  Kongo class belt armour, Amagi speed, Nagato guns

Tier VIII - Amagi

Tier IX - Generic Tier IX (see above) - let's call her Kashima 

Tier X - Number 13 class battlecruiser (I'd call her Mihara for the Godzilla memes...)

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this