You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GrazyC2

Carriers

50 comments in this topic

[DKMNL]
Players
154 posts
1,362 battles

Ok what do I do wrong I play the lexington finally but I thought Ranger was hard to do Lexington is a nightmare with the AA defense, I't ridiculous for me that is.

Try to outmaneuver AA do my atack but somehow you can even receive damage from flag when attacking sometimes I can't even finish my run because of the heavy AA...

I watchen how to video's what to go for and what not try to help those in need and try to somewhat stay close to friendly ships but somehow there is always an DD slipping true getting rid of my Carrier.

Sight,... I guess my flying days in the game are over after this ridiculous update where the AA is so strong you don't stand a change but if you do torps almost do no damage against big targets dive bombers are almost useless with the current flag.

And missile planes are yeah to put it simply useless to say the least. But that's my opinion from a stand point with my lexington. I really hope devs will do a round in a carrier and realize what they buffed is far to much maybe there some Carrier captains going to agree with me on this one.... 

My intake on this Destroyers only had small AA guns and they certainly couldn't shoot flag... Cruisers where a mach when they where alone and when they spot you they where to late, Battleships where no match for any plane yeah torp planes could silently drop torps undetected and dive bombers where above the clouds and when not expected they dived down dropped there payload and flew away with the enemy standing clueless with an big hole in there ship sinking.

But if WG didn't want carrier players around why they just say so I would stay away, because I suck as a torpedo boat captain and CA or BB are certainly not my thing.

So you give everyone big flashy AA guns saying your not wanted because you are annoying in the game, Ok WG I understand but that was my roll as carrier taking out the DD and the slow moving BB on the sea.

But they have now so much overrated firepower I better off setting sail into the fight doing some damage with the turrets then even launch one game... 

I really hope they rectify this mistake and roll back this decision because it's not only teasing CV players but it's not even reality or even close to it...!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles

200 battles... It s not too late for you to become an honest player and play some other class.. 

• Cool 8
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[DKMNL]
Players
154 posts
1,362 battles
12 minutes ago, 22cm said:

200 battles... It s not too late for you to become an honest player and play some other class.. 

I tried I suck at all tree of them in BB I charging into battle witch you shouldn't do In CA I always to close loose my health pretty quick and DD trying to get to close to use mu torps...

• Bad 2

[PANEU]
Players
1,031 posts
3,661 battles
Vor 15 Minuten, 22cm sagte:

Playing cv actually helps to understand the other classes better.... But I get what you want to say... 

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,580 posts
20,730 battles

There has been no significant update to AA since 0.8.7 and current AA strength is extremely pathetic.

• Cool 3

[DKMNL]
Players
154 posts
1,362 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

There has been no significant update to AA and current AA strength is extremely pathetic.

You certainly have to check facts before you say anything every Carrier Captain is complaining about AA is upgraded far to strong and payloads and slingshots are either taken out or given lot less teeth to bite.

Please check facts...

• Funny 7
  • Bad 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,580 posts
20,730 battles
Just now, GrazyC2 said:

Please check facts...

tenor.gif

• Funny 14

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,654 battles
1 minute ago, GrazyC2 said:

You certainly have to check facts before you say anything every Carrier Captain is complaining about AA is upgraded far to strong and payloads and slingshots are either taken out or given lot less teeth to bite.

Please check facts...

Uuuh I see no complaints about AA beeing too strong, in fact the general consensus (and gameplay wise) is that AA is not very good at the moment. Also slingshot have not been taken out yet and even when it goes it won't affect much.

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
36 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

Ok what do I do wrong I play the lexington finally but I thought Ranger was hard to do Lexington is a nightmare with the AA defense, I't ridiculous for me that is.

You need stronger planes. Midway should solve your problems.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
89 posts
6,821 battles
8 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

every bad Carrier Captain is complaining about AA 

Fixed that for you.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[THIR]
Players
930 posts
4,504 battles

Do you see the small black clouds popping up around your squadron when you get close to enemy ships? These are not powerups. You're not supposed to fly through them.

• Funny 5

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles
10 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

Please check facts...

Hmmm... There is no way to counter a good carrier captain at this moment. And even a bad one gets some damage done, no matter what mistakes he does. 

Make a mistake in a DD or a cruiser and you re finished. 

• Cool 5

[DKMNL]
Players
154 posts
1,362 battles
4 minutes ago, Stormhawk_V said:

Do you see the small black clouds popping up around your squadron when you get close to enemy ships? These are not powerups. You're not supposed to fly through them.

Duh hell I do know that to bad some off you always thinking you invented the wheel...

[THIR]
Players
930 posts
4,504 battles
Just now, GrazyC2 said:

Duh hell I do know that to bad some off you always thinking you invented the wheel...

I actually did and you should be happy it was me and not WG. They would have replaced their original hexangular wheel with a quadrangular one because it does two hops less every turn...

• Funny 3

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
15 minutes ago, Stormhawk_V said:

I actually did and you should be happy it was me and not WG. They would have replaced their original hexangular wheel with a quadrangular one because it does two hops less every turn...

Now, if you were to remove the wheel, it would do no hops. Problem solved comrade:cap_book:

Players
662 posts
2,022 battles
41 minutes ago, GrazyC2 said:

Please check facts...

Oh my!

To quote BA, 'I pity the fool'

Players
95 posts
8,123 battles
1 hour ago, GrazyC2 said:

I tried I suck at all tree of them in BB I charging into battle witch you shouldn't do In CA I always to close loose my health pretty quick and DD trying to get to close to use mu torps...

[DKMNL]
Players
154 posts
1,362 battles
10 minutes ago, A_useless_noob said:

Thanks maybe this give me a better idea off it, But why they can drop off more then two torps  ?

Players
3,607 posts
14,275 battles

every Carrier Captain is complaining about AA

I’m not so you’re statement is already proven wrong.

• Cool 1

Players
3,029 posts

Listen, first of all...

you will get hammered in here, but I applaud yr courage to voice yr frustration.

T8 CVs face t10 AA regularly. This is a fact. That means Lexi will come upon some nasty ships, piloted by very savvy captains/gurus wit thousands(sic) battles under their belt. You will face 19 point captains. Game savants, that have the best possible combination of divisioning wit clanmates, sage ship selection and excellent use of bait and switch tactics. You dont stand a chance if you go in with the mindset of a Ranger captain.

It will not work. 

You need more games.

But to offer help and not criticism per my motto, though to a degree you deserve some, dis is my advice.

Become a spotter at the start of games. Avoid bumbles (AA groups) and try to find the enemies position from safe distance.

Search for the lone sneaky dds.

Avoid AA cruisers (you can identify them at the starting screen) like the plague.

Avoid BBs.

Move your CV around, don't stay in one place.

As the game progresses and wit yr attention on the mini map and the enemy movement you will spot the lone pushers, identify the risky plays. You can attack lone targets even if they have good AA. You cunningly approach behind islands, increase and decrease speed, and bait them to use their AA consumables before yr attack, make a round then attack in their cool down .

Use specific planes for specific targets.

Rockets, torps and bombs will work on dds depending on yr skill but since its the Lexi it can use em all imo.

Rockets on CAs unless they park near rocks, then torps.

Torps on BBs, sometimes bombs, but leave bbs for last. Unless they push too far. You can judge what is happening if you slow down and check the mini map.

First clear out the dds, then the camping cruisers and after all AA is removed (towards the end of games) then you can make daring attacks reminiscing of yr Ranger days.

It will take a while to get in the rhythm of getting up tiered but  it will come. Remember, you are not alone. Calling out where u will attack or spot will focus fire on the enemy. Even if you miss a good ole volley will ruin his day and his AA smartarse. 

Some times of course you have to tip your hat to the enemy. They can be too good for your skill, nothing wrong wit that.

• Cool 4

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,635 battles

Me too but I'm not good at the other ships sorry

With 200 played games you shouldn't be good at anything yet.

You have clearly reached your limit for the time being. Move back down and do what I did. Play all the T1s, then all the T2s and so on. Experience comes with time, not with the tier.

• Cool 9

Players
95 posts
8,123 battles
10 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

With 200 played games you shouldn't be good at anything yet.

You have clearly reached your limit for the time being. Move back down and do what I did. Play all the T1s, then all the T2s and so on. Experience comes with time, not with the tier.

If your playing warships try not to be an easy kill,

you can buy better ships, but you cant buy skill.

See what I did there, poetry for you guys.:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
1,270 posts

Hmm.... most CV planes (even if you fly in a straight line and don't try and avoid AA). You should get at least one attack run in. Unless that is.. you keep attacking a group of Cruisers all bunch up together? :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[DKMNL]
Players
154 posts
1,362 battles
23 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Listen, first of all...

you will get hammered in here, but I applaud yr courage to voice yr frustration.

T8 CVs face t10 AA regularly. This is a fact. That means Lexi will come upon some nasty ships, piloted by very savvy captains/gurus wit thousands(sic) battles under their belt. You will face 19 point captains. Game savants, that have the best possible combination of divisioning wit clanmates, sage ship selection and excellent use of bait and switch tactics. You dont stand a chance if you go in with the mindset of a Ranger captain.

It will not work. 

You need more games.

But to offer help and not criticism per my motto, though to a degree you deserve some, dis is my advice.

Become a spotter at the start of games. Avoid bumbles (AA groups) and try to find the enemies position from safe distance.

Search for the lone sneaky dds.

Avoid AA cruisers (you can identify them at the starting screen) like the plague.

Avoid BBs.

Move your CV around, don't stay in one place.

As the game progresses and wit yr attention on the mini map and the enemy movement you will spot the lone pushers, identify the risky plays. You can attack lone targets even if they have good AA. You cunningly approach behind islands, increase and decrease speed, and bait them to use their AA consumables before yr attack, make a round then attack in their cool down .

Use specific planes for specific targets.

Rockets, torps and bombs will work on dds depending on yr skill but since its the Lexi it can use em all imo.

Rockets on CAs unless they park near rocks, then torps.

Torps on BBs, sometimes bombs, but leave bbs for last. Unless they push too far. You can judge what is happening if you slow down and check the mini map.

First clear out the dds, then the camping cruisers and after all AA is removed (towards the end of games) then you can make daring attacks reminiscing of yr Ranger days.

It will take a while to get in the rhythm of getting up tiered but  it will come. Remember, you are not alone. Calling out where u will attack or spot will focus fire on the enemy. Even if you miss a good ole volley will ruin his day and his AA smartarse. 

Some times of course you have to tip your hat to the enemy. They can be too good for your skill, nothing wrong wit that.

Thanks this critique is useful better then I know it all so well behavior, and yeah sorry for bashing out wasn't my sunday with the teams lost a lot off good men out there ;-)

• Cool 1