Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hannibalurg

Yashima

21 comments in this topic

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts

WG am i joke to you?

edited

What happened to WGs promise to never introduce anything above 460mm?

The shells are so big you will get citadel hits by not even aiming for the citadel.

Edited by floribe2000

[MORIA]
Players
7,787 posts
39,256 battles

Well it's not always like that. Sniping on this ship is hard thing due to low speed of shells. It's a medium range BB so it's more situational than Yama. Say least this is my opinion based what I saw on streams and some reviews on YT. 

[SV]
Players
1,205 posts
14,833 battles
5 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

Then i suggest you watch the video i posted in original post

dude those boradisdies in this video has nothing to do with this ship being op a yamato would do just as mutch devstrikes............

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts
Just now, albin322 said:

dude those boradisdies in this video has nothing to do with this ship being op a yamato would do just as mutch devstrikes............

A Yamato does not do 19k Citadel damage. Arguement irrelevant. 

• Funny 1

[SV]
Players
1,205 posts
14,833 battles
1 minute ago, Hannibalurg said:

are you stupid or what ? you have 3 extra shells you throw out.................. but hey norweigans are not famous for being smart(love from Sweden)

• Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,684 posts
9,730 battles
2 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

Yashima max AP damage: 116400

Yamato max AP damage: 133200

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts
Just now, albin322 said:

are you stupid or what ? you have 3 extra shells you throw out..................

3 other shells with their own accuracy, here the shell have 33% more damage pr shell. Failed logic. 

[-AP-]
Players
2,775 posts
6,699 battles
2 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

3 other shells with their own accuracy, here the shell have 33% more damage pr shell. Failed logic. 

you do realise that more shells = better consistency right?

so yamato over yashima would have: higher dpm, higher alpha strike, more consistent damage, less overpens and the possibility of mounting legendary mod for even better accuracy.

The only possible advantage i can see in the yashima is a slightly easier time of getting nose-in citadels with the larger fuse threshold, yamato is just better at everything else

• Cool 1

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts
6 minutes ago, thiextar said:

so yamato over yashima would have: higher dpm, higher alpha strike, more consistent damage, less overpens and the possibility of mounting legendary mod for even better accuracy.

The only possible advantage i can see in the yashima is a slightly easier time of getting nose-in citadels with the larger fuse threshold, yamato is just better at everything else

You could argue for consistency, if it were not for the redicules amount of damage increase pr shell. @defens_666 argue that Yamato have higher total AP damage, if all shells hit citadels, but you will never get 9 citadels in a volley, so the arguement is flawed from birth.

510mm is 50mm larger than 460 so the frequency you will get citadel hits will anyway be increased pr shell fired than the Yamato. 

[SV]
Players
1,205 posts
14,833 battles
18 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

they have the same sigma are you seriously that stupid ? 

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts
Just now, albin322 said:

they have the same sigma are you seriously that stupid ? 

And as you know, all shells are spread within the sigma. And the enemy ship will not fill the entire sigma unless they are right next to you. Try again. 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,684 posts
9,730 battles
5 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

@defens_666 argue that Yamato have higher total AP damage, if all shells hit citadels, but you will never get 9 citadels in a volley, so the arguement is flawed from birth. 

Ofc Yashima hits the citadel always

tenor.gif

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,709 posts
10,585 battles

2091050451_TmnyttkuinkavitussaAPosaaollaniinsaatanantyhmettsuoltaatllaistapaskaaulossuureistn.jpg.0444d572279fff8b485f462995e46aea.jpg

Yea, this ballistic curve explains OP's reasoning about 510's.

• Funny 3

Players
7,085 posts
11,512 battles
10 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

510mm is 50mm larger than 460

no crap brah

10 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

so the frequency you will get citadel hits will anyway be increased pr shell fired than the Yamato. 

Yes yes. im always very afraid of Yamato in my Smolensk or Minotaur. When I see Hindenburg or Henri I just think "oooh those tiny puny guns, they cant tou...." end of transmission

Players
7,422 posts
245 battles
22 minutes ago, thiextar said:

i would like too see some of the 508mm ships appear i mean since weegee is now going above 460mm's.

maybe we could have 540mms 12 guns as our first tier 11 ship miss tsar with 2.4 sigma :Smile_trollface:

very balans.

I wouldn't be surprised if the above did suddenly pop into the game.

[SV]
Players
1,205 posts
14,833 battles
12 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

And as you know, all shells are spread within the sigma. And the enemy ship will not fill the entire sigma unless they are right next to you. Try again. 

seriously its is the same acuracy of the shells on both the yama and yashima, but you have more shells in the yamato witch means in all of these clips in the video it would have been just as devestating cause you might have gotten 2 citadels not just 1...... you need help boy.............

[-AP-]
Players
2,775 posts
6,699 battles

19 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

that is... not how sigma works

you are thinking about the dispersion ellipse, sigma is just a function to adjust shot spread from center inside that ellipse. and both sigma and dispersion ellipse works exactly the same way on both yamato and yashima, there is zero advantage to have fewer shots in terms of accuracy. There is just a disadvantage due to inconsistency, the larger sample size you have(more guns) the closer each salvo will be to your average expected damage

• Cool 2

[SV]
Players
1,205 posts
14,833 battles
8 minutes ago, thiextar said:

that is... not how sigma works

you are thinking about the dispersion ellipse, sigma is just a function to adjust shot spread from center inside that ellipse. and both sigma and dispersion ellipse works exactly the same way on both yamato and yashima, there is zero advantage to have fewer shots in terms of accuracy. There is just a disadvantage due to inconsistency, the larger sample size you have(more guns) the closer each salvo will be to your average expected damage

thanks trying to beat some inteligence into a norweigan is diffcult wood skulls and all :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,243 posts
6,911 battles

Thread closed and video removed.

There is a dedicated forum section meant for videos, in this case the video is not really important for the topic. If you want to discuss about Yashima, there is a dedicated thread in the ships section. There are also other threads where the community already discussed about ships with guns larger than 460mm, use one of those if you want to discuss about ships with large guns.

And try to be constructive, this post is not constructive at all.