Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GulvkluderGuld

Buy Jean Bart or other coal ships: (Just got Bourgogne)

33 comments in this topic

Players
3,144 posts
17,777 battles

Hey folks. 

I'm collecting mostly tier X ships and I've got 320k coal atm and wondering what to spend it on. I already have all the coal cruisers. Left:

- Thunderer

- Jean Bart or Georgia

- save it for Marceau

Is there any value to getting Jean bart when i already have Bourgogne?

Also I'm worried WG might remove the Thunderer from the shop before i get my hands on it. 

Georgia might be interesting since i have Ohio and i dont have a fast secondary specced ship for secondary hit missions and she looks like having a mobile playstyle - but isn't getting removed.

I mostly play mobile ships (dds and cruisers) and value playmaking over bowtanking. Thus the interest in Marceau.

Just used my coupon to buy Bourgogne and will be testing that the next days. 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,400 posts
14,928 battles

The textbook answer at the moment is JB, as that's about to be removed; others are far better placed to comment on differences/similarities compared to Bourgogne, but JB ought to have a somewhat better economy...?

[-TPF-]
Players
4,347 posts
18,216 battles
6 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

6 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Georgia might be interesting since i have Ohio and i dont have a fast secondary specced ship for secondary hit missions and she looks like having a mobile playstyle - but isn't getting removed.

I have JB for silly secondary missions and credit farming. JB with BFT and AFT will do a daft amount of secondary hits in a game and even a co-op derp festival can make upwards of 250,000 credits per game. It's why I don't own Georgia (no need, also not French so not cool).

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,002 posts
22,178 battles

Go JB! Should be no brainer.  It’s now or never for JB ( or crate rng fest) and it is good. Best free premium BB I have (although grinding Bourgogne just because she is similar and I think I will enjoy BG as much as JB) and I have the BB you mention above.

Neither Thunderer or Georgia aregoing away soon and since you have already 100k coal after purchasing JB you have enough time to grind for either BB if WG decides to pull the plug on one of them ( especially when you get a new discount coupon in June)

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles

Get the JB, it'll be like Musashi and Missouri just in SC. Even though you have the Bourgogne the JB is great credit earner and fun ship. Gets into T7 MM pretty frequently. 

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
401 posts
5,637 battles

Comparable question, I will have enough coal for either JB or Smolensk. I wont play any of them in the near future outside of Co-Op games.

Which one would be the better pick?

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Get the JB, it'll be like Musashi and Missouri just in SC. Even though you have the Bourgogne the JB is great credit earner and fun ship. Gets into T7 MM pretty frequently. 

Yea, I like JB too and I've noticed you can earn a lot of credits with her. I don't have Bourgogne though so I'm not sure how those compares. I'm sort of on the other side of the fence and I'm wondering if Bourgogne is worth the price tag as I have JB... It's a lot of steel.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,702 posts
9,731 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Yea, I like JB too and I've noticed you can earn a lot of credits with her. I don't have Bourgogne though so I'm not sure how those compares. I'm sort of on the other side of the fence and I'm wondering if Bourgogne is worth the price tag as I have JB... It's a lot of steel.

I think it is. I didnt like JB that much, but Bourgogne is really strong in comparision.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Even if you play CB actively and you get into 1st rank - the 24k steel it's almost a year of collecting steel. For me it's 1.5 year being in typhoon clan but I'm fed up with ranked (rank 9). 

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

I think it is. I didnt like JB that much, but Bourgogne is really strong in comparision.

How can you don't like JB mate? 

Mike Wazowski-Sulley Face Swap 02012020150122~2.jpg

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,702 posts
9,731 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

How can you don't like JB mate? 

Dunno... maybe it was the MM but it somehow didnt click with me. Granted, played only 10 battles with it, but i just like Musashi so much on that tier, maybe thats the issue. Thats why i was sceptical about Bourgogne, but Bourgogne is stronger than Yamato imo. Infact, i think Bourgogne might be the best TX BB, atleast for me. Havent tried Kremlin in randoms tho...

[SHAD]
Players
3,280 posts
13,413 battles

Thunderer is better than the Jean Bart but I highly recommend you buy theJean Bart before it goes.

[SV]
Players
1,212 posts
14,866 battles
2 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Hey folks. 

I'm collecting mostly tier X ships and I've got 320k coal atm and wondering what to spend it on. I already have all the coal cruisers. Left:

- Thunderer

- Jean Bart or Georgia

- save it for Marceau

Also I'm worried WG might remove the Thunderer from the shop before i get my hands on it. 

I mostly play mobile ships (dds and cruisers) and value playmaking over bowtanking. Thus the interest in Marceau.

Just used my coupon to buy Bourgogne and will be testing that the next days. 

i would buy jb it is being removed and is a crazy fun ship ! 

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
44 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Even if you play CB actively and you get into 1st rank - the 24k steel it's almost a year of collecting steel. For me it's 1.5 year being in typhoon clan but I'm fed up with ranked (rank 9). 

That's a lot of commitment though. Nothing that I will sign up for which means it's several years of Steel for me at the current rate.

Players
871 posts
5,810 battles
1 hour ago, Nov_A said:

Comparable question, I will have enough coal for either JB or Smolensk. I wont play any of them in the near future outside of Co-Op games.

If you want to brainlessly press the left mouse button, go for Smolensk.

If you want to have some fun and want to work, go JB.

[SV]
Players
1,212 posts
14,866 battles
1 hour ago, Nov_A said:

smolensk cause that is a ship that probably will never return.

Players
3,144 posts
17,777 battles

A lot of votes for Jean Bart here although it is also noted Thunderer i stronger

The most important argument is that I will probably have time to earn the coal before they pull the plug on the Thunderer/Marceau.

I liked the Richelieu and since i'm confident JB and Bourgogne can share a captain, I went ahead and grabbed JB too.

The same could be said for Georgia/Ohio and I'm pretty sure her secondaries are better, but I'm not really into BBs in the first place. Whichever I pick was quite certain to end up mostly a port queen.

For credits I have Missouri, although I prefer to grind them slightly slower in Benham while laughing and laughing.

1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

Maybe in a few weeks I can tell you....but I already know I don't see any reason to get Yashima / Shikishima. 

Another fat sniping Yamato with even bigger guns, no thanks :fish_sleep:

1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

It's about 6 months if you can be bothered with Ranked. I got Somers in October. 

Christmas snowflakes and PR event plus a SC with steel gave me a good 10k, then one season CB in Storm league another 4,5k, then Ranked another 4,5 plus 1k surplus. 

1 hour ago, Nov_A said:

Smolensk without a doubt if playing all game modes.

In coop, it is perfect at burning down the bots in droves as they charge you. 

Downside: Slight monotone playstyle and it will not earn you credits like the JB  though.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
2 hours ago, Nov_A said:

I'm in the same situation as you.

JB and Salem or JB or Smolensk.

JB and Salem were my ships to get initially, Smolensk just appeared because it will be removed, I like the RU line, and I'm a cruiser main but I just can't see myself in that ship.

1 - it's not the only fast firing ship around

2- Too often I see sunk Smolensk and afterwards at the bottom of the scoreboard. (yeap, that will be me if I pick that ship)

3- it's a fragile ship

4 - DD guns are not that great, the shells are much more float, than cruiser shells.

5 - Once you try out Syatozar ( in Halloween Operations, a modified Chapayev with 12 x 152 mm shells with 1 second reload time) , Smolensk pales in comparison

And WG will remove the 30 mm plating that it has, leaving it with only 16 mm plating, so, you can broadside a BB and nothing happens to you but at the same time you will have paper for armour out there. You don't have to make a mistake to be back to port.

To my eyes, Salem looks better.

This is my reasons why I will not go for Smolensk. But i'll go for JB

[JRM]
Players
7,203 posts
28 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

And WG will remove the 30 mm plating that it has, leaving it with only 16 mm plating, so, you can broadside a BB and nothing happens to you but at the same time you will have paper for armour out there. You don't have to make a mistake to be back to port.

Smolensk SIDE plate goes down to 16mm, deck remains 30mm

Players
1,270 posts
42 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Which ship is that being done on?

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
5 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Which ship is that being done on?

Smolensk

19 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Smolensk SIDE plate goes down to 16mm, deck remains 30mm

I stand corrected

Alpha Tester
3,093 posts
12,188 battles

Whatever you don't buy now can be bought later because coal is an almost renewable resource, albeit a slow replenishing one?

Players
1,270 posts

I thought Thunderer was the best ship to buy for coal for at minute. But it's a T10 ship, so it won't be as good a credit earner as JB. Which would be my choice to get as well. I have JB and George, out the two I would get JB first regardless of it being removed soon. It's just a better all round ship than George.

I just can't get used to playing George. Too few guns for me, and pretty weak side armour lets it down a lot if you want to brawl close with secondary guns as well.

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

That's a lot of commitment though. Nothing that I will sign up for which means it's several years of Steel for me at the current rate.

Yeah if you play with no CB and just some ranked and snowflakes in Christmas : more than 2 years imho. 

Sign in to follow this