Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_DKZABZXaXZld

Ultimate ranked teammate guide

8 comments in this topic

Players
67 posts

A guide to help you understand your teammate or enemies just by looking at the ships they play. So you know what to expect.

USA

Montana

Imagine picking a ship with guns that can't overmatch 32 mm in 2020. That is your Montana player. Only good if his clan is notable.
Worcester

Imagine being an He spammer without a smoke and a radar ship with only 9km radar in 2020. He will ask one of your DDs for smoke and one of your Stalins for radar.
Des Moines

Long duration radar vs DDs, heavy ap vs those pesky Smolensks and He dpm vs BBs make the Dm respectable. But then again, you only see these in your team on the map 'Mountain range', where they can test if they can bowtank Yamatos.
Salem

Same as Dm, but with useless radar range and more heals, which is pretty useless too in a gamemode that gives you free heals. Still one of the better ships on your team.
Gearing

Still better than getting a Yueyang on your team. Barely outguns competent Shimakazes but not if you rely on it.
Somers

Basically a better shima, but if you see a Somers, you know he is not a noob in a rental but an 'experienced' player. Crucial information, since the difference often can't be spotted gameplaywise.
Ohio

Conquerors healing is a joke compared to Ohio in arms race. It is the USS Zombie. Consumable buffs will drop her fast heals even further, combined with the passive healing buffs. Still manages get nuked somehow. Rarely seen, so if you do, it might be me.
Puerto Rico

The fact that every PR player I have seen is beyond terrible must mean that the ship is good enough to carry them.

Japan

Yamato

The main reason they push their side is not to win their flank, but the other one. Despite pushing too far on a general basis, has no clue about basic brawling.
Zao

Venezia made people forget who the original flanking cruiser and DD nuker was, but this player remembers. Hopefully he does because he played this game for a long time.
Yoshino

Basically a Zao, but never within 15 km of any enemy. Also can't nuke DDs as well. Also is a resource ship, which always comes with a questionable playerbase.
Shimakaze

The good thing about Shimas is that there are so many of them. If you loose one early, you propably have a second one to take his place.
Harugumo

In theory, outguns anything but a reload booster Kleber. In praxis, eats a torp at the start and turns into a 2 torp tube shima for the rest of the battle.

Russia
Kremlin
This player chose your ranked game over randoms to find out how much WG nuked Kremlins guns. You can still use him as a meatshield.
Khabarovsk
Maybe really good players could still make her work. Your teammate is not one of them.
Grozovoi
Tries, in theory, to gunfight enemy DDs, disengage, heal, and comeback with an HP advantage. Except in arms race, where the other guy has a passive heal as well.
Stalingrad
Either dies young and bow-in or lives long enough to see himself become the menace of the enemy (smolensks). Used to be hated, now respected for its cancer-curing abilities.
Moskva
This player is propably good in randoms, where everyone broadsides and noone focusfires, so he thinks he can bring this ship into ranked. Sadly, everyone angles here and he turns into a bad stalingrad or an HE spammer without HE dpm. Dead weight.
Smolensk
Once your DDs pick up enough reload buffs, his gun firing sound will become continuous, finally drowning out the screams of the burnt. If you are a DD, just spot for him and your spotting damage will propably have more impact than your torps.

Germany
Großer Kurfürst
Seems pretty solid since the accuracy buff, combined with the arms race heal buffs and general tankiness vs HE spam. 7v7 also allows for way more brawling than other formats. Doesn't solve the problem that barely anyone knows when to actually push and how to disengage again.
Hindenburg
Very tanky when played properly. Rarely seen though, so idk.
Z52
This player believes that the smoke hydro combo will win him all the middle buff engagements. Instead he will find out that those engagements are dominated by 12km radars. Hopefully that realisation doesn't kill him. Also, his low damage torps are useless vs the torp belts of the most popular BBs.

Great Britain
Conqueror

Absolutly retard-proof. Sails full broadside to a flank. The moment he gets shot, he turns out to angle, kite away and spam HE at whatever shot at him. Doesn't exert any pressure on the middle buffs doing this, but that's his DD's job anyway, which he can blame for the loss he is sure to save his star in. Only countered by Yamatos.
Thunderer

Compared to a Conqueror, Thunderers Ap is highly potent and so much more accurate, which makes it a ship for the more skillfull and honorable player. At least that is what your Thunderer player thinks about while he rubs his nipples, watches his fire damage rise skyhigh and employs the same braindead playstyle.
Minotaur

Makes sure to announce in chat whether he is smoke or radar. Sometimes even in allchat. Continues to either get a Kraken or devstruck immediatly.
Goliath
Usually, the really good players play the most recently released ship line in ranked (or a Stalin). Not in this season though. I wonder why.
Daring
Has smoke ready for every single buff he wants to pick up. Uses it as a taunt for the enemy once he gets radared instead.

France
Henri
Wanted to play Venezia, but missclicked. Might still carry you.
Kleber
Ship with the rare ability to consistently citadel smolensks, outguns any other DD just by pressing one button and fast enough to reach the middle cap even after the enemy capped it. Or to suicide in record-speed at the beginning of the battle.
Bourgogne
The average player still thinks this ship is more balanced than a Stalingrad, but this guy knows better. Much like the Stalin, the high steel price *should* ensure a competent player. He will speedboost into a flanking positions and reload-booster Ap into broadsides. Just kidding, he spams such massive amounts of HE it makes the conquerors jealous.
Republique
The faster he goes, the faster he reaches the 10 line, where he is safe from the Smolensk and Conqueror He spam. Or so you hope...
Colbert
It is general knowledge that sitting behind an island instead of a smoke is a much more skilled play that only the upper echelon of the playerbase is capable of. Which means that, compared to a dirty Smolensk player, this guy is much more 'skilled', while he ruins the game in the same way.

Other
Yueyang
Y... Y?
Venezia
SAP DDs, SAP broadside BBs, SAP all the way while he kites on the flank.
All CVs
These players, after doing some extensive research on the matter, found out that is is more efficient to farm reports in ranked than it is in randoms. I recommend you help them test their theory that there is no such thing as negative karma. On a serious note, player skill from high to low has been observed to drop like this: Hakuryu, Midway, Audacious. Good luck on the MM Rng.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 10
  • Bad 1

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
7,090 battles

I don't know what, but i am so sorry this happened to you.
I am here if you wanna talk

P.S: Thanks for making me exhale my coffee through my nose and [edited]up my keyboard

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HAMAR]
Players
488 posts

HE spammers (BB)  think of saving the star. Kremlin and G.K players are playing for the team.

So if you have to choose which on to help...

[2DQT]
Players
24 posts
8,274 battles
4 hours ago, Duke_of_Lauenburg said:

Puerto Rico

The fact that every PR player I have seen is beyond terrible must mean that the ship is good enough to carry them.

I guess your one of these ppl who spam AP at an PR and are just salty that you dont deal any dmg against them - fact is 99% of PR players you see around spam AP and have zero idea what the [edited]they do - meanwhile 99% of all players facing it are as bad as the mentioned players who own it and dont get it that PR burns as good as an GK.

PS: @OP how can ppl take this thread even "semi srs" when ppl like you unironically think GK is a good ship.

Players
316 posts
7,548 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Lawrence42 said:

I guess your one of these ppl who spam AP at an PR and are just salty that you dont deal any dmg against them - fact is 99% of PR players you see around spam AP and have zero idea what the [edited]they do - meanwhile 99% of all players facing it are as bad as the mentioned players who own it and dont get it that PR burns as good as an GK.

PS: @OP how can ppl take this thread even "semi srs" when ppl like you unironically think GK is a good ship.

Whoooossssshhhhhh!!!!!  :cap_look:

• Funny 1

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,245 posts
6,912 battles

Thread moved to Off-Topic.

This doesn't belong into gameplay.

Sign in to follow this