You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Battleship MOSKVA

30 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Queue the music.

shot-20_03.08_10_39.34-0296.thumb.jpg.bdac87fd3a746e3fa4f9bbf0713835f9.jpg

o7

So, I got this awesome Sunbeam of freedom from the home of the free, and I'm ready to spread all over the maps the friendship of peoples with stronk brotherhood.

How, this Lenin's Party piece will stand against the upcoming forces of Oligarch Russian, I don't know. (I'm a little out of sync with time, I'm still with the same enthusiasm that I had years ago)

My very first t10 ship. Since Budyonny I knew that (Battleship) Moskva would be my first t10 ship and it is.

In top of that there was the nice surprise of knowing that the ship is fully upgraded.

So...

what are your advices about what modules to get?

At the moment, my captain has no skill what so ever

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

So...

BB modules - DCP and alike.

BB Captain skills - EM, FP and alike.

Treat her like a battleship and you'll do just fine.

Seems like the line between BBs and CAs is getting thinner and thinner. The announced 'Champagne' doesn't make it any better as it will be closer to CA than a BB that is actually classified as in WOWs.

Oh well. 

• Cool 3

[WGP2W]
Players
1,145 posts
10,516 battles
43 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

So...

Moskva is my most played ship overall for a good reason it's just a very good and fun ship first of the upgrades:

Spoiler

Unbenannt.png.2ba89ed2759b5820b5e57d7efa8d3901.png

The last slot is for the legendary upgrade as long as you dont have it you go with reload. Also if you dont want to slot the radar upgrade in the 2nd slot you can take "Damage Control System Mod. 1"
For the Commander Skills:

Spoiler

Unbenannt.png.e64c8bd6357b9366387c86219775c582.png

PT, EM, SI, CE, FP, AR, BoS

Since you don't have the fire duration penalty as a Stalin you are way more tanky. With the fire flag your fire duration is i think around 15 -18sec only.
You can also consider go with JoaT and EL instead of BoS, which is i think better with the reload module since you can switch to your laZergun AP way faster.
The general tips for Moskva is you play it like a kind of BB to support a cap. The important thing about positioning is: Don't be to far away, but also don't be to aggressive because you can still melt easily.
There i have some tips for you which i use in all of my BB's and Cruisers:

Spoiler

Unbenannt.png.0de2ce1b4812119c2afa43d327673e60.png

in this example my radar range is barely on the end of the b cap so i can radar the whole cap. i use this position only when i feel safe and most ships are spotted.

Spoiler

Unbenannt.png.e3e784a74c01c11b74422b1b003a32df.png

In this example i am more behind the b cap that my concealment range is on the edge. I use this position almost always in the beginning and while the first minutes of the game when i don't have any informations of the enemy positions.
In this range you can't radar the whole cap but you can provide fire support since you are not too far away. Also this is a good distance to dodge shells from nasty HE spammers since their shells will need some travel time.
For the normal position for tanking BB's or any other ships:

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.png.410f8ae975afe082aad92340a0746bd3.png

You stay a little bit angled that the enemys can have fun with your 50mm armour belt and not completly nose in that the enemy BB's can easily overmatch your nose.

Have fun with the ship o7

• Cool 3

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

^ I agree pretty much, except for the BoS which I wouldn't take.

I sill don't have the 19 points but BoS won't be one of the skills I'll take for the Moskva.

Not sure what though as besides SI, I don't see many 3-point skills that would fit Moskva.

SE definitely not worth it. TAE and AA useless as it doesn't have torps/planes. BFT is ok-ish but still very questionable with poor secondaries. DE is again ok-ish but with such DPM, the 2% won't make any significant impact in terms of starting fires. And 'Vigilance' is not necessary since you have hydro.

So instead of getting an additional 3-point skill (the only one I'd take is the mentioned SI), I'd probably go for another 2-point skill (like JoAT for example) and another 1-point skill (like EL for example).

Just my 2c.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,300 posts
11,665 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Queue the music.

I've just hit the play button and watch the moskva in dim light!

Couple tears from honour and courage!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!

Anyway,

Make it full tanking build,

you don't need extra range, go for reload on slot six,

get the LM as soon as they come out again, Moskva has one of the best.

Find a good island, hug it, bow tank the enemy..

BE careful, pray to Stalin before every match, not to put a haku or shokaku on the enemy team!

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

My very first impressions.

the guns are awesome, with the fastest shells of the entire silver line, ROF it's very comfortable, transverse speed it's quite nice, and they can citadel BBs. I like it very much.

Moskva guns are very quality of life oriented.

At the moment I can't say more about the hull, it's yet to be tested.

I don't noticed anything unusual about the t10 economy when compared with t8 ot t9, or nothing that different from t8 or t9 economy.

As is, the 18 km of detection range, Yuri Gagarin could be the Moskva captain :Smile_veryhappy:

Positioning feels like the major thing in this ship, it's a far cry what you could do with Buddy or Shchors (supporting ship, spamming HE all over the place), it's more one of the pivot "stones" in a flank, am I wrong?

@Elypse201, @Palubarac

thank you, so much.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
14 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

As is, the 18 km of detection range, Yuri Gagarin could be the Moskva captain :Smile_veryhappy:

Yeah, you'll get it down to 14.1km eventually with the CE module, CE captain skill and some camo which provides the standard -3%.

Still not great (many BBs have better concealment) but still better than your current 18km.         /// T10 BB Thunderer has like 12.3km concealment, right? :cap_cool: ///

And don't be fooled by smoke and the temptation to hide in a friendly one, like you can with most cruisers. Your penalty is 12.7km in smoke which is much higher than any cruiser that I've been in (and only 1.4km less than your concealment outside the smoke, similar to most BBs). Just FYI as the smoke from a friendly DD/CL can trick the new Moskva captains... :cap_haloween:

[MAS-X]
Players
435 posts
11,097 battles

I got it Yesterday, finally, after a very long grind, and after putting the premium halloween camo on the Chapayev and the dm. Donskoy

Now i just have to grind for the Yamato, and wait for the release of the new german supercruisers ^_^ 

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
30 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I've just hit the play button and watch the moskva in dim light!

Couple tears from honour and courage!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!

Anyway,

Make it full tanking build,

you don't need extra range, go for reload on slot six,

get the LM as soon as they come out again, Moskva has one of the best.

Find a good island, hug it, bow tank the enemy..

BE careful, pray to Stalin before every match, not to put a haku or shokaku on the enemy team!

Imagine me.

Since I was :Smile_child:in this game I heard stories about the mighty "Battleship" Moskva, When I unlocked Buddy, soon it was my fav ship and I though to myself I have to get Moskva.

And now, 3 years later, I have it, after so many fights.

Yeap, a couple of man tears escaped from my eyes, too

I'M SINGING TO THE MOTHERLAND:Smile_veryhappy:

very appreciated for all the tips.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Players
1,145 posts
10,516 battles
Just now, Butterdoll said:

Imagine me.

Since I was :Smile_child:in this game I heard stories about the mighty "Battleship" Moskva, When I unlocked Buddy, soon it was my fav ship and I though to myself I have to get Moskva.

And now, 3 years later, I have it, after so much fights.

Yeap, a couple of man tears escaped from my eyes, too

I'M SINGING TO THE MOTHERLAND:Smile_veryhappy:

very appreciated for all the tips.

Here i just played this round in my Moskva, it was tbh perfect Matchmaking but it kinda shows the strengths of the ship even when i got killed by an invisible torpedo.

[SINT]
Players
1,008 posts
22,209 battles

But never get flanked, while being flanked in a cruiser is never healthy Moskwa takes this to the extreme. You are tanky, but only angled from the front.  

Also similar cruisers will chip you down with HE if you and your adversary are both bow in. DM certainly will.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
35 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

But never get flanked, while being flanked in a cruiser is never healthy Moskwa takes this to the extreme. You are tanky, but only angled from the front.  

Also similar cruisers will chip you down with HE if you and your adversary are both bow in. DM certainly will.

Yeah, make an angling mistake with the Moskva and watch your citadels blow. Ka-BOOM! :Smile_ohmy:

[MORIA]
Players
7,796 posts
39,329 battles

I wouldn't say Moskva is fun. For some people that I know Moskva gameplay is pretty boring.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,300 posts
11,665 battles
16 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

eah, make an angling mistake with the Moskva

every moskva captain should learn this by themselves..

Usually it is a very very short lesson, so they may need to repeat it a couple times..

but everytime is valuable experience :D

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

Moskva beeing my first T10 cruiser and first ship I bought the permacamo for lent me countless hours of fun, now if you play moskva as a BB you will just get horribly frustrated because she is most definetly not a BB, only thing BB-ish about her is the HP pool (leadng to fire prevention beeing a must have) yes she has thickened plate giving some (IF)HE and bowtanking resillience but she can still get obliterated through the upper bow not to mention if somene gets your side, also guns have nice reload and pen but they are not BB guns, actually only CA/CC that performs even remotely close to BB guns (in T10) is Stalingrad

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
105 posts
2,142 battles

I love the Moskva, I can't wait for it to become  a reward ship so playing it becomes cheaper :D I have a question though, can someone make a comparison between Stalingrad and Moskva? Does it have the same tanking capabilities? How are the guns, etc?

• Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,089 battles

Please WG, gives us the LM standard mission, for camrades which obtained her just this month.  :Smile_Default:

and a beautiful glory camo as

Ok. Revoluska. :cap_like:

No way :Smile_sceptic: camrade, then people will say is a bias thing....:Smile-angry:

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
57 minutes ago, BarskiPatzow said:

I love the Moskva, I can't wait for it to become  a reward ship so playing it becomes cheaper :D I have a question though, can someone make a comparison between Stalingrad and Moskva? Does it have the same tanking capabilities? How are the guns, etc?

Stalin and Moskva use basically the same hull armor wise - 50mm plating almost everywhere, but high citadel for additional fun and engaging when all battleships sneak up to your broadside:cap_book:

Stalinguns can penetrate 400mm main belts when broadside as far as 17km IIRC, so if not for the fact "exposed citadel" being unheard of among T10 BBs, she could be viable threat to them. Compared to other CBs, Stalinguns have not only souped up penetration, but also inproved fuse sensitivity to 33mm and shortened fuse time to 0.022s, both to reduce overpens when interacting with broadside cruisers. Everything you'd want in "supposed cruiser killer"

HE dpm is on worse end, though with 50mm pen capability. So flex your stalinium piercing rounds whenever possible.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
20 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

I wouldn't say Moskva is fun. For some people that I know Moskva gameplay is pretty boring.

Yeah, in CBs I was like the 2nd BB, tanking while my clan mates shoot them from other parts of the map. If the enemies angle against them, I send them a few AP shells from the front guns which quickly make them regret that decision.

I didn't like my role much but it was essential for most victories. I always prefer something like my Zao with the UU where I can kite and troll while burning down in the process and even denying the approach with 12km torps. I see Zao less and less but so far is the most fun ship I played.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,728 posts
20 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

IMO the guns on the Moskva are amongst the best in the game. My problem is not that the gameplay is boring, its how short my battles are on the Moskva...

Players
364 posts
11,448 battles
21 ore fa, GarrusBrutus ha scritto:

Very recent (good) review/guide:

Very good... thank you very much... maybe with this I will play Moskva better...

• Cool 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
6 minutes ago, JG4_sKylon said:

Does anyone know if we will still be able to grind the LM after Moskva became premium?

Mission is supposed to remain till end of 2020

• Cool 1

Players
1,022 posts
17,712 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Mission is supposed to remain till end of 2020

Thanks, i was aware of that.

I thought WG maybe decided to remove the LM for "premium" Moskva because of reasons.

Because they want to "rebalanz" the LM, but don´t want to touch a premium.