Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KyzaghanTR

Point Based Ranked System

13 comments in this topic

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
8,844 battles

Hello Everyone.

I dont know is this ever discussed it before, but i have an idea about ranked system.

Everybody probably living the problems of bad players in ranked battles every day and making most players are crazy and because of 1 or 2 players entire team suffering the loses.

Many games using different ranked system which based on point. I say why Wows ranked system is not similar ?

There is 18 Rank at total, every rank might requires Base Exp.

For Example ;

Rank 18 : 0 - 5.000 Base Exp

Rank 17 : 5.000 - 15.000 Base Exp

Rank 16 : 15.000 - 25.000 Base Exp

In order to reach rank 17, player needs to gain total 5.000 Base Exp from the all matches. Every match Base Exp will be added to players count.

When he reach rank 17, he nees to gain 10k more to reach rank 16 and so on.

If players loses the match he wont lose the  point , however if wont be able to get minimum 1.000 Base Exp, he might lost point. In this way it wont be punished to players which played good. 

If they get more than 1.000 Base Exp they might get half point or something.

Any ideas ?

Regards

• Bad 2

[OGHF]
Players
1,235 posts
22,619 battles

So how would you reward your DD's that just spot and harass the enemy while you farm damage at the DD's expense??

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
7,180 posts
2 hours ago, ShaeVizla said:

Hello Everyone.

I dont know is this ever discussed it before, but i have an idea about ranked system.

Everybody probably living the problems of bad players in ranked battles every day and making most players are crazy and because of 1 or 2 players entire team suffering the loses.

Many games using different ranked system which based on point. I say why Wows ranked system is not similar ?

There is 18 Rank at total, every rank might requires Base Exp.

For Example ;

Rank 18 : 0 - 5.000 Base Exp

Rank 17 : 5.000 - 15.000 Base Exp

Rank 16 : 15.000 - 25.000 Base Exp

In order to reach rank 17, player needs to gain total 5.000 Base Exp from the all matches. Every match Base Exp will be added to players count.

When he reach rank 17, he nees to gain 10k more to reach rank 16 and so on.

If players loses the match he wont lose the  point , however if wont be able to get minimum 1.000 Base Exp, he might lost point. In this way it wont be punished to players which played good. 

If they get more than 1.000 Base Exp they might get half point or something.

Any ideas ?

Regards

So if you get 1k base XP you essentially have all ranks irrevocable? Emm - no, just no...

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
5 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

So how would you reward your DD's that just spot and harass the enemy while you farm damage at the DD's expense??

Those rewards should be appreciated more regardless of the battle mode and system.

I find it obsolete that DMG is by far the most rewarding thing you do in a battle.

Note that I don't play DDs but that doesn't mean I think they aren't crippled in many ways, especially rewards-wise (unless they do a lot of torp DMG)...

(I don't want to go off-topic here but I had to mention it)

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
2 hours ago, ShaeVizla said:

Your suggestion would make every persistent player rank out. You'd have more bad players distributed throughout the ranks. Exactly what would your system solve besides letting people rank out at will, no matter the skill?

• Cool 1

Players
929 posts

Lower-skilled players' money is worth just as much as higher-skilled players'. If anything, not being as good at the game might even make them spend more to overcome the disadvantage. There's never going to be any benefit to WG to make a game mode that only skilled players can do realistically well in (except all the big clan battle tournaments of course given all the attention and sponsorship those bring in), it wouldn't get enough (money-spending) players to be viable.

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
1,235 posts
22,619 battles
2 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Those rewards should be appreciated more regardless of the battle mode and system.

I find it obsolete that DMG is by far the most rewarding thing you do in a battle.

Note that I don't play DDs but that doesn't mean I think they are crippled in many ways, especially rew

A very short sighted and selfish answer, DD spot for you, harass for you, area deny for you, basically they make it easier for you. But thanks for putting DD players in there place :cap_fainting:

Players
3,144 posts
17,735 battles
5 hours ago, The_Finnster said:

All this does is reward botting. Gameplay will actually deteriorate 

This. 

Also WG will be sure to add their own bells and whistles. Like. maybe 10k bXP per rank progression untill R2.

Then glorious 10 million bXP to R1. It should be special comrade, no? :cat_bubble:

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
706 posts
19,370 battles
4 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Note that I don't play DDs but that doesn't mean I think they are crippled in many ways, especially rewards-wise (unless they do a lot of torp DMG)...

Try a CV.  ROFL.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
1 hour ago, Cyclops_ said:

A very short sighted and selfish answer, DD spot for you, harass for you, area deny for you, basically they make it easier for you. But thanks for putting DD players in there place :cap_fainting:

Wait, WUT?

Did you even read my post? Try again because apparently you misunderstood it completely. Try again, this time spending more than 2 seconds reading it. (I did miss one negation in the post but still...)

23 minutes ago, Peffers said:

Try a CV.  ROFL.

Nah, never. I like being in the center of the battle, not cowardly camping in my spawn sending planes while not risking anything.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
8,844 battles

I just give the idea and except from you the reshape it. 

19 saat önce, The_Finnster dedi:

All this does is reward botting. Gameplay will actually deteriorate 

How will the gameplay deteriorate ? In order to reach rank 1 you will need about 300k Base Exp in my example. If you get 3000 base exp every match you might reach rank 1 in 100 matches, considering you win all the battles.

It will push players to play better to get more base exp. 

18 saat önce, Cyclops_ dedi:

I just give the idea. DD's might get base exp buff based on damage by her spot. In a system like that many changes has to make.

1.000 Base exp was just an example. It might dropped to the 750 or 500 i dont know.

17 saat önce, Yedwy dedi:

So if you get 1k base XP you essentially have all ranks irrevocable? Emm - no, just no...

High ranks might irrevocable. Right know after 12 is not irrevocable isnt it? Every rank might get rank protection points in case of you are dropping lower rank. 

17 saat önce, loppantorkel dedi:

Your suggestion would make every persistent player rank out. You'd have more bad players distributed throughout the ranks. Exactly what would your system solve besides letting people rank out at will, no matter the skill?

Maybe, But already too many bad players are hanging in Ranked battles and when you play good you expecting something in return.

In case of this scenario, even bad players win the battle thanks to others, they will earn low base exp due to their gameplay via other players get more base exp.

My general idea was the system that rewards players which did everything they could and lose because of some potato players.

Many people probably understand me wrong i dont know. 

I guess everyone happy with current rank system. What can i say :fish_book:

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,916 battles

Just limit number of games in ranked per seson to 150, or 200, or 250, problem solved.

Most players in this amount of battles will not reach rank 10.

If you can breath without help you will reach rank 10 in couple battles (depending on starting point).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this