You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

Andrew Cunningham - best use?

15 comments in this topic

Players
978 posts
3,431 battles

so I just bagged my Cunningham dude. a "unique" commander that many people will get in their port.

question: what should I best do with him?

in my Brit lines I currently have:

- QE, piloted by The Mighty Jingles, 9 skill points

- London, 3 point commander

- Devonshire, 5 point commander

- Danae, 5 point commander

- Campbeltown, 6 point commander

- Valkyrie researched

Campbeltown would probably by fun with concealment and AC's perks, but it's useless for daily missions and other miscellaneous missions since they all require tier 5 ships.

So I'm very glad to have AC, but I don't know what to do with him.

Suggestions?

P.S. of course I thought about putting him on London, but London has appalling 13.4 Km gun range, which is too short for my taste on most maps at tier 7 and 8 :-(

[-TPF-]
Players
4,344 posts
18,216 battles

CV first, then cruisers, then DDs. I think he might be quite good on an Emerald, when you get that - lots of torpedoes to trigger the flooding perk, and she could use the extra speed and consumable boost. And having a 10pt skipper ready to go with CE will make playing her a heck of a lot easier - that's not a ship you want to be using as a captain trainer.

• Cool 2

Players
978 posts
3,431 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

CV first, then cruisers, then DDs. I think he might be quite good on an Emerald, when you get that - lots of torpedoes to trigger the flooding perk, and she could use the extra speed and consumable boost. And having a 10pt skipper ready to go with CE will make playing her a heck of a lot easier - that's not a ship you want to be using as a captain trainer.

CV... oh boi

Emerald... actually not a bad idea, I just looked at the ship and it's almost a torpedo boat, lol.

So I could give him torpedo boat skills and play the Emerald and then Leander with him and have fun in Campbeltown from time to time.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
1 ora fa, HassenderZerhacker ha scritto:

I don't know what to do with him.

- The 2 floods ability is best for DDs or carriers in general, the latter also benefit from the increased plane armor skill;

- The witherer ability is also very good, but to get it consistently you need high tier ships with really powerful fire starting potential like Conqueror/Thunderer, Goliath or Audacious;

- The 2 kills ability depends only on your skill and can benefit almost all British ships with heal, while it’s quite poor on carriers, as their only useful consumable is the heal on tier 8+ torpedo bombers.

You won’t really get much from his bonuses with your current ships. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,148 posts
23,719 battles

I have him specced for BBs and currently on Conqueror/Thunderer. Reason - I like the blue shell tracer. The talents are OK and trigger often in Random and Ranked battles. I don't think he brings anything particularly useful to the table, and I would have liked the turret traverse skill to be the improved version.

• Cool 2

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
8,866 battles

I'm using him with my Audacious. Quite effective i believe. Don't expect too much difference though

Players
999 posts
22,656 battles
1 hour ago, viceadmiral123 said:

I have him specced for BBs and currently on Conqueror/Thunderer. Reason - I like the blue shell tracer. The talents are OK and trigger often in Random and Ranked battles. I don't think he brings anything particularly useful to the table, and I would have liked the turret traverse skill to be the improved version.

Same here. I have so much Brit BBs. I use it on 7 ships i think  :-)

[BNBS]
Players
410 posts

If you want to utilise all his abilities/talents then he should go in a T8-T10 British heavy cruiser; damned hard to get Witherer on flooding alone.

[THROW]
Players
186 posts
8,902 battles

I'm using mine on RN CVs. It seems to benefit them the most.

Squadron speed increase? gucci

Aircraft recovery time? gucci

Reduced damage taken from AA? gucci

[BLUMR]
Players
23 posts
13,391 battles

I put him on my Audacious, his skills best seem to fit for her, only issue will be getting him to 19pt like my old Audacious capt, which will take quite a while.

Beta Tester
22 posts
11,440 battles
6 hours ago, MutsuAraAra said:

I put him on my Audacious, his skills best seem to fit for her, only issue will be getting him to 19pt like my old Audacious capt, which will take quite a while.

Just use your old 19pt captain on Audacious then put all the Capt xp you earn on the new one because it just goes into the general pool of Elite Capt XP you have... but yeah will take a while, I'm going to do the same thing I think!

Although using him on Conqueror looks a bit insane... Watch Flamu's latest vids....

[BASIC]
Players
685 posts
21,061 battles

I will put him on Goliath eventually, don't want to swap his place with 19p Dunkirk capttain from Conkek anyway.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,391 posts
14,914 battles

I've put mine on Daring (although I'm keeping the existing 19 pointer for Clans etc.), not because I believe it to be optimal, but rather because the DDs are the line I play the most and I might occasionally make use of one or other of the special abilities...