Sign in to follow this  
devilsdog

CV Plane Squad leaving map

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
9 posts
1,950 battles

Hello,

I found a new bug which not happened to me in the version before.

I'm driving the new jap. CV.

When a torpedobomber is about to drop his torpedos and you are giving him a new order (when he's allready about to attack) this squad does not drop his weapons. Unfortuately this squad flies straight out of the map....and flying....and flying....and flying.....

You can still watch this squad with "shift". So 1 of my 3 squads was nearly 2-3 MAPS away and won't come back.

The sqaud still has the order to attack on the enemy ship or position.

If you are trying to give them new orders this orders will just posioned after this attack.

You can not abbort this attack order and the squad will just continue to fly away.

This happened to me several times now. And not even with 1 squad.

I tried to attack and enemy BB when I saw he's changing his course. I tried to abbort the attack and then this happened to all my 3 squads in minute 3 or 4. ....so i could do nothing this round. None got shot and none came back.

Screenshot shows the squad which flies away when this happened first time to me.

Hope you will hotfix this fast.

shot-15.05.14_16.45.31-0905.jpg

• Cool 2

[L10NS]
Weekend Tester
415 posts
1,564 battles

I had it happen to me earlier with the new tier5 IJN CV, squad 3 TB's (the last time I bothered checking) were 130km or so off the map, despite being tasked to a target and then repeatedly told to return to carrier.

Beta Tester
3 posts
1,650 battles

same for me, but for me, when my torp bombers is about to attack, the target was destroyed by someone else, and they just keep flying like what they said above

Beta Tester
13 posts
2,736 battles

This might only happen with the automatic (non-manual) aiming. Happened to me twice. I'm not sure about the first, but in the second time they definitely were in auto-drop mode. I don't think I've ever had this issue in manual drop.

[YHOF]
[YHOF]
Beta Tester
7 posts
9,456 battles

*confirm*

I have now seen it happening twice while playing the new japanese CVs

the torpedo air group was set to attack a ship and about to carry out the attack, but then the ship was destroyed before the attack could be carried out, resulting in the torpedo planes flying into off (out of map). I was totally unable to command them (move orders, attack orders, return to ship - all not working) and the last order of attack remained in place.

[-VNV-]
Beta Tester
2 posts
1,105 battles

Also confirm, Hosho's squad 4 buggered of in the middle of the battle in the SE direction never to be seen again. Except i could shift-cam to them even when they were about 30km outside the map boundaries, for a nice panorama of empty sea with couple of islands on the horizon, where the battle was raging. You know what battle, that one they were so clearly uninterested. Fix would be nice...

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
272 posts
4,108 battles

Yup, can confirm this one too, just had it happen to me and came to forums to see what the story was.

Beta Tester
9 posts
1,950 battles

And it happens again and again. (Also with US planes!)

The bug wasn't existing the version before! So what happened?

We need a hotfix for that, and please not only with next big patch. We're not able to test CVs at this state in all situations.

If someone changes course and you want your planes to stop the drop, they fly away....game is over then!

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

It's lovely that you can all confirm it, however that's not really helpful for the developers in fixing it.

You need to supply a replay and python log file of the event so they can trace the cause.

Beta Tester
1 post
302 battles

Same issue here with both Jap and American Torpedo planes.  Doesn't seem to happen with any other types though...

Beta Tester
9 posts
1,950 battles

They can easyly recreate that bug.

Instructions:

- Select a torpedobomber squad

- Choose a target

- Wait while planes are flying

- Give attack order

- Give a new order while planes are attacking

- Watch planes fly "home"

Another thing that I noticed is, that even when all went good and torpedos were dropped, the squad has the sign "hey I have ammo" (ammo colored) for another 2-3 seconds. They withdraw from the target and not until the ammo-sign is dead they are about to fly back to the CV and say "heading back".

In this additional seconds the bug still can appear. Until the sign is out. Then it's all fine.

I recreated this bug many times now to find out when it will appear.

Next time I will try to create a replay or something....

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

They can easyly recreate that bug.

Instructions:

- Select a torpedobomber squad

- Choose a target

- Wait while planes are flying

- Give attack order

- Give a new order while planes are attacking

- Watch planes fly "home"

Another thing that I noticed is, that even when all went good and torpedos were dropped, the squad has the sign "hey I have ammo" (ammo colored) for another 2-3 seconds. They withdraw from the target and not until the ammo-sign is dead they are about to fly back to the CV and say "heading back".

In this additional seconds the bug still can appear. Until the sign is out. Then it's all fine.

I recreated this bug many times now to find out when it will appear.

Next time I will try to create a replay or something....

Thanks for the extra info :)

[SECT]
Beta Tester
49 posts
1,225 battles

Just happened to me too while playing Bogue. Just kept flying and flying out of the map, as can bee seen on this screenshot. 200 km away from the map.

Happened two games in a row now so seems to be easy to reproduce for the developers as well.

xp9nV28.jpg

Edited by ManiacMouse

Beta Tester
2,119 posts
4,874 battles

I'm fairly sure this is an automatic drop bug. I change commands very often during manual drops on approach and it's never happened to me.

[SECT]
Beta Tester
49 posts
1,225 battles

I'm fairly sure this is an automatic drop bug. I change commands very often during manual drops on approach and it's never happened to me.

I used automatic drop both times it happened to me.

Beta Tester
11 posts
2,971 battles

The same bug is happening to me just as it was described above;

This happens only for Japanese CV; the US are ok.

Japanese Torpedo bombers also auto-drop the bombs in another place on the drop-off circle for no reason; After issuing the order they just went passed the drop-off to some other drop-off point.

Another problem I get with Japanese CV ... it was going fwd to a way-point than just went to the right trying to leave map then it would not steer left.

[GROGS]
Beta Tester
8 posts
2,648 battles

Same thing here. It's in automatic mod.

Sign in to follow this