Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Naval Legends: Destroyer HSwMS Småland – Trailer

15 comments in this topic

[I-J-N]
Players
5,689 posts
36 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Only ship in the game I've been onboard of. :cap_cool:

Does the ship come with that nifty swallow-tailed ensign? :Smile_Default:

I've only been on one Swedish warship, like I mentioned before, the Wasa. I've also travelled on the ex-HMS Kilchrenan (built as USS PCE-830) post conversion to civilian passenger service.

I'm interested in seeing Swedish ship make it into WoWS, especially as it seems that one of my more posher ancestors was a Swedish admiral and supreme commander of the Swedish Navy. Of course.. at one point I have to peek over the blanket to see the posh lot on the other side.

Modesty precludes me from saying which admiral we are talking about... and possibly the fact that he went down with his flagship in what I believe was his first battle... :Smile_unsure:....

:Smile_honoring:

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,610 battles
3 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Does the ship come with that nifty swallow-tailed ensign?

I doubt it. But it would be nice. It's been in use since the 1620s.

You (and everybody else) can visit the ship here: https://www.maritiman.se/en/fleet/destroyer-smaland together with a whole lot of other ships and boats.

• Cool 1

Players
32 posts
1,953 battles

What's legendary about it ?

What technical achievement did it introduce into naval combat, had it seen action ?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[C4K3]
Players
212 posts
14,026 battles
On 3/6/2020 at 6:10 PM, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Does the ship come with that nifty swallow-tailed ensign? :Smile_Default:

I've only been on one Swedish warship, like I mentioned before, the Wasa. I've also travelled on the ex-HMS Kilchrenan (built as USS PCE-830) post conversion to civilian passenger service.

I'm interested in seeing Swedish ship make it into WoWS, especially as it seems that one of my more posher ancestors was a Swedish admiral and supreme commander of the Swedish Navy. Of course.. at one point I have to peek over the blanket to see the posh lot on the other side.

Modesty precludes me from saying which admiral we are talking about... and possibly the fact that he went down with his flagship in what I believe was his first battle... :Smile_unsure:....

I don't know why Wow doesn't use the real flags in the game on all ships like the brittish white ensign. The flag for HMS Småland is a swallow-tailed swedish flag without the smålandic herald sign the red griph on yellow bottom

[I-J-N]
Players
5,689 posts
6 minutes ago, 416taylor said:

I don't know why Wow doesn't use the real flags in the game on all ships like the brittish white ensign. The flag for HMS Småland is a swallow-tailed swedish flag without the smålandic herald sign the red griph on yellow bottom

Tried to catch the flag on test phase video, can't quite make it out but it looks like a civic ensign not the swallow-tailed one. :Smile_sad:

[C4K3]
Players
212 posts
14,026 battles

You can find it in the captains loggbook. just before the black flags

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
3,950 battles
On 3/7/2020 at 4:31 PM, ChObAm said:

What technical achievement did it introduce into naval combat, had it seen action ?

I guess you'll have to wait for the full episode to find out :cap_tea:

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
On 3/7/2020 at 4:31 PM, ChObAm said:

Apparently, it actually attacked Russian submarines that came sniffing around in Swedish waters.

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,689 posts
7 hours ago, 416taylor said:

You can find it in the captains loggbook. just before the black flags

Cheers! Found it, had completely forgotten about the whole logbook business. Definitely not the naval ensign, looks like something WG has cooked up the way they often do with these 'commemorative' flags. Interestingly, in my experience commemorative flags are typically either tied to some event or a bloated bundle in the premium shop. They do not come with any of the resource ships AFAIK. Remains to be seen how they plan to make that flag available. However, I'm more interested in the swallow-tail ensign. Since the combined tech trees offer you the choice between a fictional flag and the appropriate naval ensign for those ships, the swallow-tail should by any reasonable standards be an available option.

[FIN_X]
Players
7 posts
23,489 battles

Correction: Hans von Hofsen fired an AS rocket against a suspected submarine (WP probably) at the so-called Utö incident in 1980. He was then captain of HMS Halland. HMS Småland was taken out of service in the fall of 1979.

Sign in to follow this