Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MyAngelAkagi

Question about GK.

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[LA_FR]
Players
207 posts
2,419 battles

Hey guys ! l have some questions about GK, why we see a lot of them in the game ? l see alway her mor othe other T10 battleship because she have a very good secondarie like GZ. Can you tell me your build of GK please ? I'm new in the game and play like 2 mouth now as a CV player but l'm curious about this GK ! I wish a good day and GLHF !! :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
3 minutes ago, Az_Akagi said:

Hey guys ! l have some questions about GK, why we see a lot of them in the game ? l see alway her mor othe other T10 battleship because she have a very good secondarie like GZ. Can you tell me your build of GK please ? I'm new in the game and play like 2 mouth now as a CV player but l'm curious about this GK ! I wish a good day and GLHF !! :Smile_Default:

GK is arguably not that good. I personally run a full secondary build, but that's more for memes and laughs rather than because it's the best choice. Full secondary build also has plenty of downsides - notably you struggle to disengage, get spotted first, have more fires set on you than a survival build, and ultimately lots of people will just kite away. This means you need to really really time it to catch people in the secondaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,832 posts
15,115 battles

You see that many GK because people like to play german ships.

They have a big fanbase and additionally they are more forgiving to play.

 

A secondary setup is not recommended for Tier X

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,699 posts
9,731 battles

Many people prefer to play ships from their own nation - and many people playing this game are from germany.

GK isnt played so much because its so strong.

 

And if you are new, you shouldnt think too much about playing T10 ships right away. Its probably easier for CVs, because for them not much changes through the tiers. If you can dodge flak, you can succeed on hightiers too. But for other classes, its entirely different. And playing secondary GK is not that easy these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LA_FR]
Players
207 posts
2,419 battles

Ok thank you guys for taking your time to reply me ! Have a very good day and a nice wind for your games !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,475 posts
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Many people prefer to play ships from their own nation - and many people playing this game are from germany.

GK isnt played so much because its so strong.

 

And if you are new, you shouldnt think too much about playing T10 ships right away. Its probably easier for CVs, because for them not much changes through the tiers. If you can dodge flak, you can succeed on hightiers too. But for other classes, its entirely different. And playing secondary GK is not that easy these days.

If you don't mind me asking what are he advantages of a non secondary build, after all the secondaries do seem to be the German gimmick, only bettered by the Republique  for range,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,832 posts
15,115 battles
Just now, Inappropriate_noob said:

If you don't mind me asking what are he advantages of a non secondary build, after all the secondaries do seem to be the German gimmick, only bettered by the Republique  for range,

She is tough. Without secondary setup she is even tougher.

She can get into dangerous situations to pressure the enemy and can get out alive.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,274 posts
13,396 battles

IFHE secondary is extremely fun and if you could pick an enemy team of french battleships(32mm all over)very VERY effective. In the next pathc you will no even need IFHE to pen 32mm.

Alas so many russian battleships out there mean that the pen advantage of German secondaries is rendered ineffective.

The lack of secondary accuracy means that a DD that knows what they are doing doesn't need to fear them as they would with american secondary ships.

The increase i the amount of fire spitters such as the smolensk means that even a tanky ship is rapidly drained.

 

Once upon a time, when I was grinding the legendary, the IFHE secondary build  was deadly. At this time 32mm battleships were all around and the greatest fire risk was the Wooster.

 

Alas,I now feel I have to concede that secondary is no longer the best way to spec the GK. If we get a period of free captain resets in the next patch I will finally attempt a tank build on the GK.

 

Wargaming has given the best secondaries to the US premiums.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,148 posts
23,765 battles

Secondary build will bring you more troubles than fun in tier 10 with GK in Random battles, but in other formats it can be competitive. With regular survivability build GK is decent in randoms - fire prevention, concealment, superintendent and 15% less fire duration skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×