Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hb338

Fusou - After patch?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
130 battles

Well, new patch does said that Fusou will have it AA nerf.

But I does not expected the nerf come into this

Stock config: 

HEDV6Gb.jpg

Elite config:

1f3bka0.jpg

Trading 8 127mm AA for 17 more 13mm machine gun (next to useless) and 3 25mm guns does not seem to worth it.

Imo with the new patch, the stock Fusou is better than the elite Fusou with all upgrade. 

Beta Tester
202 posts
3,207 battles

The 127mm guns have a pretty low DPS compared to the mid-calibre guns. You lose some range for some more close in defense.

Beta Tester
512 posts
671 battles

The 127mm guns have a pretty low DPS compared to the mid-calibre guns. You lose some range for some more close in defense.

And the improved AA mod and captain skill makes those AA reliable at medium ranges. So more like a buff than a nerfed.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
2 posts
130 battles

For the 127mm, I think it decent DPS. The range is a big plus for it. With 5km, you can cover for other ships close by (so 3 Fuso stick close is decent AA). 

Torp from planes usually droped from out side the range of 13mm machineguns. Even manually drop torps, in range of less than 2.1km, it will usually dud.

So unless enemy planes fly on top of the Fuso, the 13mm hardly fire. Imo, trading 8 127mm guns for 3 25mm guns (those I count as "effective AA guns") is not worth it.

And the improved AA mod and captain skill makes those AA reliable at medium ranges. So more like a buff than a nerfed.

About the mod, I think AA mod should be used on cruiser, not battleship.

Imo the increase in accuracy or main gun turn rate for battleship is more important than that.

About captain skill, I may try it out and hope it become better.

Sorry for bad english -_- 

Beta Tester
512 posts
671 battles

For the 127mm, I think it decent DPS. The range is a big plus for it. With 5km, you can cover for other ships close by (so 3 Fuso stick close is decent AA). 

Torp from planes usually droped from out side the range of 13mm machineguns. Even manually drop torps, in range of less than 2.1km, it will usually dud.

So unless enemy planes fly on top of the Fuso, the 13mm hardly fire. Imo, trading 8 127mm guns for 3 25mm guns (those I count as "effective AA guns") is not worth it.

About the mod, I think AA mod should be used on cruiser, not battleship.

Imo the increase in accuracy or main gun turn rate for battleship is more important than that.

About captain skill, I may try it out and hope it become better.

Sorry for bad english -_- 

Your English is fine good sir :honoring:

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
1,891 battles

but 127 is DP so you lose secondary armament for AA

Beta Tester
202 posts
3,207 battles

You don't lose the secondary, they just lose their DP capability. I've found my AA has been as effective as before the patch. Not quite as good at plinking the odd plane off a squadron, but FAR better at the kind of close in defense against japanese TBs that has been needed since they were released.

Sign in to follow this