Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Krikkio82

Perfect DD game is not good enough to WG's standards...

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[IRN]
Players
518 posts
10,562 battles

I did my job defending, spotting, I did my best even receiving 2 compliments but 'Im useless in WG's opinion:

Last on team close to last in enemy (loosing) team.
So WG WTF should I do as a dd ???
 

  • Cool 4
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
16 minutes ago, Krikkio82 said:

I did my job defending, spotting, I did my best even receiving 2 compliments but 'Im useless in WG's opinion:

Last on team close to last in enemy (loosing) team.
So WG WTF should I do as a dd ???
 

Then it was not the perfect DD game.

 

That is quite close to it:

64988_921_1569770362.jpg

https://replayswows.com/replay/64988#stats

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
36 minutes ago, Krikkio82 said:

I did my job defending, spotting, I did my best even receiving 2 compliments but 'Im useless in WG's opinion:

Last on team close to last in enemy (loosing) team.
So WG WTF should I do as a dd ???

Winning is not enough?

 

I end up in all kind of places in my dd games, but as long as I win, I'm happy.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
6 minutes ago, Krikkio82 said:

Damage, that what u did, I guess. but this is no DD role

  • 2 solo caps (119/180 capture points)
  • 8 cap defense ribbons (85/98 defense points)
  • 102k spotting damage

No DD role?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,029 posts

It depends on the dd I suppose. But also depends what you prefer, a win sometimes is enough, others not so much. DDs can turn games and deal huge amounts of dmg but doing good stuff for them the team and bringing wins also is satisfactory albeit not as profitable for the average player.

 

 

 

edit" English cuz apparently I can't even write lately :?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRN]
Players
518 posts
10,562 battles

I mean I was on winning team OC, I did not die(amazing this days) I did my job, I was spotted twice and I ended with almost 2M received damage, lot of spotting damage.
I did no damage at all but I played great DD game....
Last in team by far
So what ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRN]
Players
518 posts
10,562 battles
4 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

It depends on the dd I suppose. But also depends what you prefer, a win sometimes is enough, others not so much. DDs can turn games and deal huge amounts of dmg but doing good stuff for them the team and bringing wins also is satisfactory albeit not as profitable for the average player.

 

 

 

edit" English cuz apparently I can't even write lately :?

Yes but I LOST money, LOST PR, lost faith in the game.....
by playing a very good DD game

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,270 posts
1 hour ago, Krikkio82 said:

I did my job defending, spotting, I did my best even receiving 2 compliments but 'Im useless in WG's opinion:

Last on team close to last in enemy (loosing) team.
So WG WTF should I do as a dd ???
 

You'll always score low on the team as a DD unless you get those Torps hits in. Simple as that really.

 

Otherwise, play another class of ship that do more damage with guns to rank higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRN]
Players
518 posts
10,562 battles
10 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

You'll always score low on the team as a DD unless you get those Torps hits in. Simple as that really.

 

Otherwise, play another class of ship that do more damage with guns to rank higher.

So you want DDs to be usefull spotters but giving them XP 4 something that is no damage is bhoooohhuuu !!!!
U know that if I send torps and then smoke up it's better to me but it's worst to the team so what ???
WTF should I do ? do damage and be useless and be top of the score or should I do real DD role and be usefull and, if lucky (no CV, Domination mode, not too many radars) try to spot before I die  and take nothing to be usefull... I mean man.... WTF do you want from DDs players ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
11 minutes ago, Krikkio82 said:

Yes but I LOST money, LOST PR, lost faith in the game.....
by playing a very good DD game

Lost PR? You really care about PR?? You do know that PR doesn’t care about capping, defending, spotting - PR is all about dealing damage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,270 posts

I don't really get you?

 

I thought you said you did little damage in the game and came near bottom of team list score. But say you played a good game spotting, and getting spotting damage from other ships hitting them. But thing is, you need torp and do damage, "same with guns" to enemy ships yourself to score high on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,348 posts
5,766 battles
6 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

I don't really get you?

 

I thought you said you did little damage in the game and came near bottom of team list score. But say you played a good game spotting, and getting spotting damage from other ships hitting them. But thing is, you need torp and do damage, "same with guns" to enemy ships yourself to score high on the team.

Sad fact, but a fact non the less, this. This game does not reward spotting damage all that much.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,270 posts
7 minutes ago, lafeel said:

This game does not reward spotting damage all that much

Well, any games with CV in them are now out-spotting DD's anyway.

 

Used to be that DD ship was the thing that spotted enemy ships first. That was taken away from them with the CV rework. Planes fly across map at start and spot about 6-7 ships right away well before DD's can get anywhere near them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,348 posts
5,766 battles
1 minute ago, MRGTB said:

Well, any games with CV in them are now out-spotting DD's anyway.

 

Used to be that DD ship was the thing that spotted enemy ships first. That was taken away from then with the CV rework.

To be fair, a single CV can never cover the entire map post rework, so DD's do still have a very useful role in being in the place(s) where the planes can not be, because planes can't be in more than two places at once (and only that with the fighters)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,270 posts

I play CV and can pretty much zip across the map to lets say A cap, turn and then fly across B and C before a DD gets chance. As most enemy ships would still be behind the caps on their side of the map still, maybe not an enemy DD rushing forward. And more so if in a CV that has fast planes like the premium Brit CV or German CV.

 

That of course, is only if I was making a point of trying and spot them all first in fast planes

 

But the point is that CV planes go looking for enemy ships at start, that takes away spotting points from DD ships. Planes moves across the map that fast, usually the enemy ships have not even had time to go their own different ways. So you'll catch about 5-6 ships still all grouped together spotted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,796 posts
39,329 battles
1 hour ago, MRGTB said:

I play CV and can pretty much zip across the map to lets say A cap, turn and then fly across B and C before a DD gets chance. As most enemy ships would still be behind the caps on their side of the map still, maybe not an enemy DD rushing forward. And more so if in a CV that has fast planes like the premium Brit CV or German CV.

 

That of course, is only if I was making a point of trying and spot them all first in fast planes

 

But the point is that CV planes go looking for enemy ships at start, that takes away spotting points from DD ships. Planes moves across the map that fast, usually the enemy ships have not even had time to go their own different ways. So you'll catch about 5-6 ships still all grouped together spotted.

The problem is when there's too much on your shoulders to deal with. Especially when one flank collapsed and you have to stop the push too. I'm talking about a scenario when your team lost a not of control not when it's ez win. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
5 hours ago, Krikkio82 said:

So you want DDs to be usefull spotters but giving them XP 4 something that is no damage is bhoooohhuuu !!!!
U know that if I send torps and then smoke up it's better to me but it's worst to the team so what ???
WTF should I do ? do damage and be useless and be top of the score or should I do real DD role and be usefull and, if lucky (no CV, Domination mode, not too many radars) try to spot before I die  and take nothing to be usefull... I mean man.... WTF do you want from DDs players ??

Why complain? Dds have the potential to top the teams just like any other ship. Some games the conditions are optimal and you rack up tons of damage, aside from earning xp from the usual dd duties, and you top the team in xp. Other games the conditions aren't optimal and you'll have to play another role where you don't receive as much xp. It evens out pretty well imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TCP-]
Players
233 posts
6,801 battles
10 hours ago, Krikkio82 said:

I did my job defending, spotting, I did my best even receiving 2 compliments but 'Im useless in WG's opinion:

Last on team close to last in enemy (loosing) team.
So WG WTF should I do as a dd ???
 

I get what you mean.

 

The DD does exactly what the other players are looking for, capping, spotting, defending the area and being good "eyes".

 

WG scores this very low because little / no damage. 

 

We, the player base, then wonder why many DD's rush to the nearest cap as the battle starts, fling torps in all directions, take on the opposing DD in a 1v1 and die inside 3 minutes? 

 

Which gameplay style is most rewarded by WG?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,772 battles
11 hours ago, Krikkio82 said:

So WG WTF should I do as a dd ???

Damage?

 

Why not post the end game result screens? There is no way to judge anything this way.

I've had DD games doing (close to) no damage and end up somewhere in the middle. And yes you lose PR that way, since PR is mainly based on damage and kills. And yes you lose money that way, since money is mainly based on damage.

 

10 hours ago, Krikkio82 said:

Damage, that what u did, I guess. but this is no DD role

Ofc it is. Why would they give DD's guns and especially torps if it wasn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,089 battles
9 hours ago, lafeel said:

Sad fact, but a fact non the less, this. This game does not reward spotting damage all that much.

Perhaps when trying to finish some directive task issuing those specific jobs, some rewards we got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts
9 hours ago, Krikkio82 said:

I mean I was on winning team OC, I did not die(amazing this days) I did my job, I was spotted twice and I ended with almost 2M received damage, lot of spotting damage.
I did no damage at all but I played great DD game....
Last in team by far
So what ???

So whats wrong? You sacrificed your damage to stay hidden and secure a win by spotting - whats wrong with that? There are DDs that excel at this role, if you manage to squeese in some torps or farm some damage in the process even better but its not essential...

 

I played a Shima game in rank yesterday, did only 19k damage and came second last (only yoloing gearing was behind me) but I took 5 of the 6 heals (and some other buffs) we had, finished off 2 of the enemy dds in the process and denied them large portion of the map by my torps and fact I am there, even the rest of the team ageed in chat that me and the z52 did a great job at the end of the match, I know I helped to secure the win despite the scoring system and thats all I need to know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,094 posts
12,188 battles
10 hours ago, Krikkio82 said:

Yes but I LOST money, LOST PR, lost faith in the game.....
by playing a very good DD game

I know what you're saying, sometimes playing a dd is about occupying that area inbetween the firefight between bigger class ships on either side, the no-mans land so to speak where spotting, capping and acting as a deterrant against enemy advancement (when they know you're prowling about) is seldom rewarded adequaltely. All these actions could very easily lead to a victory, and have numerous times over and over, but it's not recognised officially as such in any meaningful way. Now they've made them harder to play with the abundance of long range radar and cv's.

 

Don't let some of the trolls here with their selective bias or their need to instantly criticise someone elses perceptions persuade you otherwise. Does everyone take a screenshot of their game when they do well? Sounds like an overly self-praising thing to do to me. I don't do this so can't understand why others do, seems strange to want to record like this...?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
80 posts
8,388 battles
14 hours ago, ColonelPete said:
  • 2 solo caps (119/180 capture points)
  • 8 cap defense ribbons (85/98 defense points)
  • 102k spotting damage

welcome to WG's score system.  Better to just farm damage if you want to score well but then you will tend to lose more games.  They say this is the "thinking man's game" but I wonder how much they have thought about the scoring system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
5 minutes ago, SquibSurefire said:

welcome to WG's score system.  Better to just farm damage if you want to score well but then you will tend to lose more games.  They say this is the "thinking man's game" but I wonder how much they have thought about the scoring system.

When you play only for the score, you are doing something wrong.

And yes, capping, defending and spotting give good rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×