Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Watch Our Streams – Get Early Access Containers!

65 comments in this topic

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
9 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

am i getting this right?

Hide contents

wut.thumb.jpg.1cdcd8d96a8084a90358eb0f887e49f2.jpg

You will get a camo, a camo or coal, and tokens. The coal/camo part gave it away. They still don't manage to place a plus sign where it would be proper for easy apprehension.

(Wasn't there a promise to look into this for future news articles?)

The tokens are the gambling part, as you can win massivly or get one of four lower value numbers. How those are weighted in drop chance is also unknown.

• Cool 4

[I-J-N]
Players
5,659 posts
44 minutes ago, Data_Unavailable said:

WarGambling at it again - 10, 20, 30, 40 OR 140 tokens is a joke.

Somehow this reminds me of the 'One Armed Bandit'...:Smile_unsure:

• Cool 3

WG Staff
3,415 posts
14,948 battles
56 minutes ago, Data_Unavailable said:

WarGambling at it again - 10, 20, 30, 40 OR 140 tokens is a joke.

It acts like a supercontainer - but in any case it should be an improvement with system than the last early access systems. Next week there will be a dedicated article to the early access and how it works in detail - but even with the unluckiest RNG ever, if you play actively and do your directives, you will be guaranteed to get at least one early access ship. So the RNG will be more about which Tier you might unlock but less about whether you will get any of it - and you still get your additional European camouflages.

I also wanted to highlight here that the first EN stream will be on the 12/03 - not starting on 13/03 ;)

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
21 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

it should be an improvement with system than the last early access systems

Let me tell you well in advance: it's not. It has to be the worst thing WG has ever pulled out of their sleeve regarding the distribution of tokens. With all the previous token-events, one could at the very least calculate exactly how many tokens one would gather, and this huge benefit now has been thrown out of the window. What will 3 containers bring me? Could be anything from 30 to 420 tokens. Planning: impossible. The only "positive" about the scheduled EU-DD pre-release thing is that the bundles themselves are not randomized, and have a fixed price. Shame WG had to sneak an RNG-element in it after all, and quite a backhanded one while we're at it. 

The only early-access event done remotely right was that of the RN-BB's (complete missions: 1 mission = 1 ship, 2 missions = 2 ships, 3 missions = 3 ships) and RN-CV's (bundle a cost X, bundle B cost Y, bundle C costs Z. You know exactly how much currency you get for doing task P, Q and R).

• Cool 10

[I-J-N]
Players
5,659 posts
1 minute ago, MrFingers said:

Let me tell you well in advance: it's not. It has to be the worst thing WG has ever pulled out of their sleeve regarding the distribution of tokens. With all the previous token-events, one could at the very least calculate exactly how many tokens one would gather, and this huge benefit now has been thrown out of the window. What will 3 containers bring me? Could be anything from 30 to 420 tokens. Planning: impossible. The only "positive" about the scheduled EU-DD pre-release thing is that the bundles themselves are not randomized, and have a fixed price. Shame WG had to sneak an RNG-element in it after all, and quite a backhanded one while we're at it.

I noticed a 'funny' thing about the current Royal Tokens. It seems I won't have enough thru regular gameplay to actually get the legendary captain Cunningham. In the past, I had no such problems collecting the relevant tokens if I was interested enough to make the effort....

• Cool 3

WG Staff
3,415 posts
14,948 battles
9 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The only early-access event done remotely right was that of the RN-BB's (complete missions: 1 mission = 1 ship, 2 missions = 2 ships, 3 missions = 3 ships) and RN-CV's (bundle a cost X, bundle B cost Y, bundle C costs Z. You know exactly how much currency you get for doing task P, Q and R).

Look, I know you hate containers and RNG - that's fine. You can plan with the minimum amount and treat everything above 10 tokens as a goodie on top - if you play actively, you will still be able to get the Tier V Early Access DD even if every single container would drop only 10 tokens. This way you're guaranteed to get your early access, no matter what - and you can get to higher Tiers depending on the amount of containers & tokens you get.

While you personally might disagree with that approach, I think this is quite fair because you know what to expect and you won't be missing out since you know what's guaranteed and what might be a nice goodie on top. We're testing this for EU DDs and see how it will work out.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
48 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

While you personally might disagree with that approach, I think this is quite fair because you know what to expect and you won't be missing out since you know what's guaranteed and what might be a nice goodie on top. We're testing this for EU DDs and see how it will work out.

RNG is not fair for such a situation. Ever.

If two player put the same effort in, they should get the same reward. If one gets a dead rat while the other gets a golden Lamborghini, due to some randomizer, one of those two will feel treated badly. And it's not going to be the one with the Lambo.

It's the days of the internet. We can share our results. We DO share our results. We can compare them with others. We know it when we get the dead rat.

Nearly missed this one:

1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

It acts like a supercontainer

Literally or as a figure of speech? Are the chances really that low (haven't seen a super since the 4 years of WoWs celebration)?

• Cool 11

[R3B3L]
Players
1,110 posts
31,476 battles
2 hours ago, Egoleter said:

They still don't manage to place a plus sign where it would be proper for easy apprehension.

Thanks, also now after watching the video it´s clear.

But this was avoidable, WG

using the exact same dash in line 1 for "and"

and in second line for "or"

wut.jpg.36815f71295e634c22cdb72e7993198f.jpg

• Cool 2

[SKRUB]
Beta Tester
18 posts

I have watched the video and have no idea how the system works. Do I have to watch EU ones to get code for EU- no idea. Do I have to watch 10 different streams to get the 10 containers- no idea. Does watching an English one then a French one give 2 codes- no idea. Can I share the codes or have them shared to me- no idea. Are the codes for missions nothing to do with the 10 containers shown- no idea. Are the mission code available to all watching the stream or handed out as prizes- I have no idea.

2020 and still WG in the dark ages about communicating what they are doing.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
59 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Look, I know you hate containers and RNG - that's fine.

Pro tip: look up the feedback topics regarding early access events from the last year... one might see that I'm not alone with those feelings. 

Oh, and I don't hate containers, I hate RNG and bloating the price with additional items (in areas where RNG and bloating should not be present).

• Cool 9

Players
1,939 posts
3,683 battles
29 minuti fa, Egoleter ha scritto:

If two player put the same effort in, they should get the same reward.

It should be the core concept of this f:etc_swear: game, instead, it's just either give us your wallet, or get an handicap (i'll never forget what that PoS guy said during the PR fiasco) or don't get anything. 

In the last early access events i got lucky that i got something form each event, but even then, i would have liked if everyone got something. This kind of "luck streak" started back in August 2019, when i was in a very deserved vacation

(here is you might wonder

https://earth.google.com/web/@45.76087056,10.11498236,649.39426385a,1947.75070017d,35y,0h,0t,0r/data=Cj8aPRI3CiUweDQ3ODNkODBhMjg3MzUxYzE6MHg2MGNlYjE1NmVmZjE2MTBkKg5Db211bmUgZGkgWm9uZRgCIAE6AwoBMA?authuser=0 )

after passing my High School exams and i didn't played for like a month and a half; from like half July until Early September, only starting the game for when an update was released and for the Daily Shipments; just log in, get th shipment (whatever it is) and log out, but for the rest, i didn't played. I was luck and surprised that i got the Jaguar from one of the early access containers (i honestly sometimes forget that i have it). Then i was lucky enought to get Montecuccoli from one of the containers (non-premium), but i call national bias on this because i'm Italian; but still, there were players that no matter how  much they played, they didn't get any ships. Lastly, i was able to get the Hawkins and Devonshire, but then again, there were some players that got nothing.

P.S. I'm honestly starting to get f:etc_swear: tired of these events; not tired of playing but i'm tired of these events; they are just the same f:etc_swear: event, copy and pasted over and over and over again. I'm seriously getting tired of this. 

• Cool 5

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,569 battles

So it's no longer enough to play the game but we also have to spend our precious time watching hours of streams?

I don't like this.

I don't like this, at all.

• Cool 9

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,680 battles
1 ora fa, Crysantos ha scritto:

I'll wait for the dedicated article when it comes out, to have a clear image of what the numbers look like.

I sincerely hope there will be some possibility to plan what you have to do to obtain the early access instead of assuming how much you have to pray RNGesus. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

Well, I did open a thread more than a week ago which didn't get much attention and was mostly ignored by WG staff.

Now this BS will go live and player-base will "love" it.

:Smile_facepalm:   :Smile_facepalm:   :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,659 posts
8 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Well, I did open a thread more than a week ago which didn't get much attention and was mostly ignored by WG staff.

Now this BS will go live and player-base will "love" it.

:Smile_facepalm:   :Smile_facepalm:   :Smile_facepalm:

I noticed your thread. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
Players
69 posts
5,015 battles
5 hours ago, Crysantos said:

It acts like a supercontainer - but in any case it should be an improvement with system than the last early access systems. Next week there will be a dedicated article to the early access and how it works in detail - but even with the unluckiest RNG ever, if you play actively and do your directives, you will be guaranteed to get at least one early access ship. So the RNG will be more about which Tier you might unlock but less about whether you will get any of it - and you still get your additional European camouflages.

I can honestly say that this is an improvement over the last early access system, but quite frankly that's not a big achievement since the RN heavy early access shafted the players like nothing before. If you were unlucky (and let me tell you I was), you only got the "questionable" drops and only the PR event was more of a "f you" to me personally, since all my work didn't even earn me any oil for the clan.

And the biggest problem with this style of events still remains - I'm getting so incredibly tired of them. There's no hype left for new lines, as I'm always just thinking of how it will turn out into work with the event structure. And "just play at your own pace" doesn't really work, as you bloody well know that getting those early access ships will give you a huge advantage in the next event stage while grinding for the unique commander (that only the most dedicated players will get, yada yada get coal at your own pace to get him later for a ridiculus amount). So more often than not the event structure will leave you frustrated with what you got.

I'm sorry Crysantos, I know that you care for the game and I really hope that you still care for the playerbase, but from all I've recently seen, it's hard to believe that Wargaming actually does the same. Hopefully we'll get something new and fair in terms of ingame events in the future, otherwise I'm personally losing hope for my future in this game.

Greetings

• Cool 4

WG Staff
3,415 posts
14,948 battles
6 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

Thanks, also now after watching the video it´s clear.

But this was avoidable, WG

using the exact same dash in line 1 for "and"

and in second line for "or"

wut.jpg.36815f71295e634c22cdb72e7993198f.jpg

Thanks, I will pass it on - sometimes easy to overlook from our side that it might be confusing.

6 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

So it's no longer enough to play the game but we also have to spend our precious time watching hours of streams?

I don't like this.

I don't like this, at all.

No, you don't need to spend your precious time on anything that you don't want to spend it on. There are plenty of containers to get in-game, if you don't like additional content or platforms and what we do there, no need to interact with that. This is an additional goodie - your choice, nobody is forcing you to do this.

5 hours ago, MarcoGn97 said:

I'll wait for the dedicated article when it comes out, to have a clear image of what the numbers look like.

I sincerely hope there will be some possibility to plan what you have to do to obtain the early access instead of assuming how much you have to pray RNGesus. 

Only so much planning you can do when it comes to how many tokens you can get, that's why I suggest to use the 10 tokens as a baseline to make sure you get your Tier V and then see how far you can get with additional tokens inside.

6 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Pro tip: look up the feedback topics regarding early access events from the last year... one might see that I'm not alone with those feelings. 

Oh, and I don't hate containers, I hate RNG and bloating the price with additional items (in areas where RNG and bloating should not be present).

Bloating up prices for free content for playing the game - nowadaways even regular tech-tree ships that come with free permanent camouflages? Plus additional camouflages in the containers and many other things. I understand you have your point of view of things and I respect that - and no matter what, my team will always pass along this feedback and see what we can do to incorporate that given feedback, improve the game and still keep it healthy.

2 hours ago, Data_Unavailable said:

I can honestly say that this is an improvement over the last early access system, but quite frankly that's not a big achievement since the RN heavy early access shafted the players like nothing before. If you were unlucky (and let me tell you I was), you only got the "questionable" drops and only the PR event was more of a "f you" to me personally, since all my work didn't even earn me any oil for the clan.

And the biggest problem with this style of events still remains - I'm getting so incredibly tired of them. There's no hype left for new lines, as I'm always just thinking of how it will turn out into work with the event structure. And "just play at your own pace" doesn't really work, as you bloody well know that getting those early access ships will give you a huge advantage in the next event stage while grinding for the unique commander (that only the most dedicated players will get, yada yada get coal at your own pace to get him later for a ridiculus amount). So more often than not the event structure will leave you frustrated with what you got.

I'm sorry Crysantos, I know that you care for the game and I really hope that you still care for the playerbase, but from all I've recently seen, it's hard to believe that Wargaming actually does the same. Hopefully we'll get something new and fair in terms of ingame events in the future, otherwise I'm personally losing hope for my future in this game.

Greetings

I always cared and will do, bot h for the game and the playerbase - neither can exist with the other. Me and my team are always doing our very best to pass your feedback and discuss brought up issues with our developers. But is it really that evil from our side that we reward players who play the game a lot? We try to find good compromises - giving players the option to get e.g. commanders in a dedicated update and others who don't want to invest that time or effort to still be able to obtain it in their own pace. We're looking into ways to improve events, fix pain points for players but it's always a tricky balancing act for us - providing the super hardcore guys with content but also keeping things available for casual guys - across several game modes, different interests and player groups.

There should be some cool stuff coming up soon but more about that in the near future.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SURFA]
Players
85 posts
5,862 battles

Well looking at the times looks like I will be at work, so going to miss out.

whilst didn’t drop an Albemarle I was able to FreeXP it and get the extra tokens for my commander.   Just collected it along with 3 directives done and daily missions along with the daily collection.  Was also good for the starting fires missions.

should finish directive 4 over the weekend and collect my London, but certainly not going to be able to view the streams.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,569 battles
6 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

No, you don't need to spend your precious time on anything that you don't want to spend it on. There are plenty of containers to get in-game, if you don't like additional content or platforms and what we do there, no need to interact with that. This is an additional goodie - your choice, nobody is forcing you to do this.

But my experience tells me that I have to get every chance there is just to get the basic "stuff". I've had events where I've done everything I could and still got close to nothing for it. (RN cruisers part 1, Lunar new year) My gut feeling says that if I don't pick up every container there is, I won't get anything "good" and not even that is a guarantee. I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about this.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,569 battles
7 hours ago, Crysantos said:

But is it really that evil from our side that we reward players who play the game a lot?

I play "a lot". Haven't seen any of these rewards.

• Cool 4

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

They value players who spend A LOT, not the ones who play a lot.

Didn't know WG is manipulating that fact as well and pretending they care about players who player a lot.

BS?

Well, last update I played A LOT. I collected all tokens that were possible to obtain. Do you know what I got out of all that? NOTHING. Not a single ship.

So please, for the love of god... have some decency and don't tell us that you care one bit for the players who play a lot because it's obvious you don't.

P.S. I'm not tagging you because I know you won't reply either way. You chose to ignore constructive feedback and that's your (unprofessional) choice. But I also know you're reading this so have fun defending this BS because you know that these RNGs are exactly that.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
7 hours ago, Crysantos said:

But is it really that evil from our side that we reward players who play the game a lot?

That's the issue. You don't reward the players that play a lot. You reward those who have a lucky draw by your RNG.

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this