Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mantiscore

So why is SAP hits counts as full pen?

13 comments in this topic

Players
521 posts
7,962 battles

I guess it's not enough that the fantasy Venezia bs do 14k on my angled cruiser, but i cant even heal it fully? This is a fing joke

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[-TAP-]
Players
351 posts
8,722 battles

Primarily, it's for game balance reasons - SAP shells can't cause fire, if they were 100% healable too they'd be completely anaemic.

Also, logically it wouldn't make sense for  AP and HE shell penetrations to be 50% repairable, and SAP to be 100% repairable.

• Cool 6

[CATS]
Players
28,974 posts
15,141 battles
48 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

I guess it's not enough that the fantasy Venezia bs do 14k on my angled cruiser, but i cant even heal it fully? This is a fing joke

Apart from fire you cannot heal damage fully....

• Cool 3

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
1 ora fa, mantiscore ha scritto:

Now imagine trying to kill a Conqueror with Venezia as he can heal 100% of your damage every 80seconds :Smile_child:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
7,244 posts
27,034 battles
1 hour ago, mantiscore said:

You cant heal the HE pen fully either, only damage fully healable is fire, flood and ramming

• Cool 5

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,831 posts
25,564 battles

in terms of the venezia i gotta say most of my expectations came true. that thing with sap is a beast, sap itself kinda over the top really imho. it needs time, sure. but u can't do anything about it. and quite some ships just eat dmg like dd's do from rocket planes (oopsies lol) ^^

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,255 battles
3 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

in terms of the venezia i gotta say most of my expectations came true. that thing with sap is a beast, sap itself kinda over the top really imho. it needs time, sure. but u can't do anything about it.

Only on Venezia. The rest of the line deals damage so slowly like paint dries... 

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,831 posts
25,564 battles
1 minute ago, kfa said:

Only on Venezia. The rest of the line deals damage so slowly like paint dries... 

.... happens if u never have "grinds". think i only played like 1 battle in gorizia, the silver started with a crate drop and all of a sudden venezia lol :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_facepalm::Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

[CAIN]
Players
4,835 posts
20,122 battles
14 minutes ago, kfa said:

Brindisi is basically the same, you just have one turret less. 

[JRM]
Players
7,244 posts
27,034 battles
25 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

in terms of the venezia i gotta say most of my expectations came true. that thing with sap is a beast, sap itself kinda over the top really imho. it needs time, sure. but u can't do anything about it. and quite some ships just eat dmg like dd's do from rocket planes (oopsies lol) ^^

Well Venezia is a nice cruiser but has few issues IMHO...

1- you need to fire constantly, she is one of cruisers where the rudder in slot 5 is definetly a prefered choice since you cant just shoot a salvo or two to start fire then go stealth to take some respite while your fire does the job for you, when enemy is range you need to fire upon reload if you want big damage numbers meaning you are spotted all the time anyway, that brings it to:

2 - armor sheme is full troll, both ways, armor is completely inconsistent esp against BBs and even at (seemingly) exactly same angles, one salvo bounces off you doing almost no damage and then the next one takes 80% of your health away...

3 - SAP ammo has issues in consistency against many targets in many situations, to actually do some real damage you need to know everything about the ships you have your sights on and even with proper target selectiom the SAP is again full troll one salvo doing 2k and next one 20k at (again seemingly) same angle of impact

4 - range is mediocre, torps are underwealming (although you still tend to troll am occasional BB or cruiser and even some smoked up DDs with them) and due to slow reload she really needs Sansoneti to shine...

BUT

And its a full, whole hearted BUT

That ship is so god damn fun to play esp when RNGesus sais YES, all the pain and frustration is worth it for that one salvo that cuts a seemingly saturated targets HP in half or devstrikes it, or when you oneshot a DD from 15km away...

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Because any shell pen is a shell pen that cannot be healed fully. What do people expect?

50 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Now imagine trying to kill a Conqueror with Venezia as he can heal 100% of your damage every 80seconds :Smile_child:

Not like repairing 75% of it isn't stupid enough.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this