Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

HE is way too powerful

149 comments in this topic

Players
978 posts
3,431 battles

I think HE spam is way too powerful and fires cause way too much damage.

Wouldn't it be better if HE shells could destroy the ship's equipment, kill part of the crew (so that for example actions such as reloading would take more time), etc. ?

Then the fires: unless it's a critical fire near the ammo magazine, a fire or two or three shouldn't be able to completely destroy a ship, especially big ships. They could be crippled, i.e. be left almost unable to move with one or two turrets left, but still require torps or AP bombs to sink them.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 15

[P7S]
Players
197 posts
25 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Wouldn't it be better if HE shells could destroy the ship's equipment, kill part of the crew (so that for example actions such as reloading would take more time), etc. ?

Then the fires: unless it's a critical fire near the ammo magazine, a fire or two or three shouldn't be able to completely destroy a ship, especially big ships. They could be crippled, i.e. be left almost unable to move with one or two turrets left, but still require torps or AP bombs to sink them.

So, you are actually proposing that fire and HE should be even more dangerous (reload, unable to move) than they are now?

You would like to play a hulk?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,823 posts
25,517 battles

also:

inb4 "too less fires ingame", "can't pen bb's anymore" :Smile_trollface:.....

but yeah, on topic: will the ifhe rework be the end of fires and the beginning of pwn-pens (no pun intended ^^:Smile_child:)?!

..... once upone a time.... i could stealth fire *sigh* :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,349 posts
18,216 battles
23 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Then the fires: unless it's a critical fire near the ammo magazine, a fire or two or three shouldn't be able to completely destroy a ship, especially big ships

Honestly? No. Fire was (and still is) the biggest risk to a warship. Think about the amount of battle damage taken by German battlecruisers at the Battle of Jutland - multiple heavy calibre gun hits, still floating, still fighting. Then consider the number of warships lost to fire damage (it's an awful lot, including the last major warships lost in action - Sheffield, Ardent, Antelope). 

Players
2,666 posts
11,390 battles

Maybe when cruiser HE can do the same amount of alpha damage as BB AP and have the same amount of pen, just to be fair.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,874 posts
15,115 battles
1 hour ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

The next time you bombard a Tier VIII+ BB with slow firing DD guns, think about your useless generalization.

Do you really want cruisers to be helpless vs BB? They are already quite weak vs them.

• Cool 6

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,563 posts
20,725 battles

On the contrary HE and fires are clearly not powerful enough.

Unless it's fired by glorious BB master race ofc.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Point 1: every class needs to be able to damage every other class. And if someone argues that this shouldn't be the case because it's not realistic, do me a favor: save me the price of a costly plane ticket and just punch yourself hard in the face, kthx. Gut is acceptable too. Wows isn't, nor did it ever aim to be, a realistic naval simulator. It's a team based, naval themed pvp shooter. Balance > realism, every time. Realistically, 100mm guns shouldn't be able to sink a 65k ton battleship. In this game, they absolutely should be able to.

Point 2: IFHE rework is coming soon, which will severly limit the options of ships armed with light cruiser / DD caliber guns: if you want fires, you'll have to sacrifice pen, and vice-versa. Please inform yourself before posting a knee-jerk reaction post because your bb was touched in all the wrong places by he spam.

• Cool 10
  • Bad 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
1 ora fa, Rionnen_marksman ha scritto:

Fire should be nerfed like flooding was imo 

Only if my Atago can have the alpha-strike of a BB: I think that average 10k per HE volley could be OK :Smile_trollface:

[SHAFT]
Players
11,710 posts
9,737 battles
2 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

If you ever shot HE with Orion at a Cruiser, thats basicly exactly what happens:

Engine damage, rudder damage, turrets/torptubes break. I always feel dirty doing that. There is basicly no option but to use DCP for the Cruiser, but 30 secs later he gets the next smack in the face and then he is a sitting duck, waiting to slowly wither to death.

Imo thats the most horrible gaming experience one can have. Unable to do anything, to a degree even unable to fight back. There is literally no counterplay to that. Getting deleted in one salvo by AP is unlikely by dodging and angling. However if that happens, then it was because too much broadside, and you can learn something from that: Dont show broadside. But against HE? Well, nothing you can do against that.

We are lucky, that this really only happens on lowertiers.

• Cool 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Ever shot something with BB HE? Conkek salvo on anything smaller than a BB usually will net you some engine wrecked, rudder broken, torpedo tubes incapacitated, if not outright destroyed, etc. signs going up all the time. Thunderer HE has enough damage to permanently knock out stuff like Smolensk turrets with a single hit.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WCWVE]
Players
1,051 posts
16,893 battles

The majority of ships lost in battle through the ages have died as a result of fire, hence I do not think that it would be a good idea to reduce the effectiveness of fire in the game

Players
3,365 posts
20,483 battles

Someone's been playing tanks way too much

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles

Something I allways thought was that the chance of being set in fire should lower after X amount of damage per fire (for instance, fold in half ater 1/4 of HP damage per fire, another half at 1/2 hp and so on). Logic: Anything that can burn on the structure of a ship would be already be burnt. I can't imagine the crew saying "Ok, we put out the fire, lets place back anything which it's flamable back so it can burn the same way like it did"

Players
722 posts
4,682 battles

Da, tavarishch. I wonder how will you manage in your freshly bought Shchors without fire damage ;)

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
4 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Yeah, it would perfectly fit the WG's Pegi 13 environment.

They don't have enough issues with all the gambling around every event.

[/s]

• Boring 2

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles
4 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Yeah, it would perfectly fit the WG's Pegi 13 environment.

They don't have enough issues with all the gambling around every event.

[/s]

In WOT fire DO kill crew!

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,823 posts
25,517 battles
4 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

[...] kill part of the crew (so that for example actions such as reloading would take more time), etc. ?

[...]

also,

3rcvb7.jpg

:Smile_trollface::Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
4 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

In WOT fire DO kill crew!

Really? How so?

Is WoT Pegi 13 as well?

Something doesn't seem right.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
1 hour ago, ThePoisonDwarf said:

Da, tavarishch. I wonder how will you manage in your freshly bought Shchors without fire damage ;)

Or the amazing fun of trying to deal damage to a Kremlin in your t8 CL :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this