You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SamuraiShakaViking

Worldwide Global Server?

Is it about time for a worldwide global server?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is it about time for a worldwide global server?

• Yes please
    • Nope
    • Yes, if they keep the regional server option as well
  2. 2. do you have gamer friends on other continents and time zones? (eg that u play other mmo's with, say on steam?)

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. do you work or travel a lot around the world or move (eg navy) around often?

• yes
    • no
  4. 4. have you missed participating or completing a wows 'event' because of global work or study or travel etc. ?

• yes
    • no
  5. 5. do you play other global and worldwide mmo's and other games on their platforms or on eg. the steam platform ?

• yes, without latency issues
    • no
    • yes, but with latency issues
    • would if i coould
  6. 6. if wows had a global server option , would you be interested and support it?

• yes, its a globalized twentyfirst century world already
    • yes, but only if they fix issues such as latency and ping , as other mmos can
    • no , even if there are no issues such as latency and ping
    • yes, as long as the global server option is in addition to keeping existing regional server options
  7. 7. would you recruit new or previous players to wows from other regions if there was a global server?

• yes
    • no

12 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
4,617 battles

theres a good topic on the world of tanks forum calling for a global server... especially with diminishing playerbase 

just an opinion for positive constructive discussion:

isn't it about time to join the big leagues like other mmo's??? if other mmo's can, why cannot wg?

re latency, lag and ping: other mmo's manage this with np

steam manages this for decades already

wg can always give the option to join a multi-regional server, while also  keep the options for regional servers .. so the players can choose.

wg  have been advertising this since they commenced....

it should be easy; segregating regions and player populations is foolish , unfair, and self defeating for game growth and sustainability ...

its ridiculous that we cannot play with friends worldwide, unless you dl different regional clients for each this is so out moded and impractical ?

all players eg  from Africa who do not have a server at all would support this.

people who move and travel a lot for work or study etc. would support this

players with friends around the world would support this.

all my recruits and most friends that have tried wg have quit because it excludes some... we play mmo's on steam, no matter where, or what time zone... and the latency is actial'ly even better than the segregated wg regional server. 

wg its a globalized twentyfirst century world already

other sustainable MMOs have used global servers or eg.  the steam platform for years already  the competition, wt, uses a cross platform server too ...)

the naval battles across regions shows how easy this could be 

if other MMOs can, surely wg can manage 

it seemed it would be so easy to have one client and one portfolio , and then choose the global server but keep a regional server option 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,394 posts
14,921 battles

I would oppose the idea, I'm afraid, for one simple reason: language. For a team game, it's really helpful if most (ideally, all) of the team can use the same language; it's unlikely that a global server would see this. Randoms are hardly a model of coordination at the best of time, and I fear it would be much worse if everyone has no idea what the rest are saying.

There's a cynical reason why it's less likely to happen, which has nowt to do with my preferences: money. Unfortunately, if you have separate servers, you can pitch pricing at whatever level the market will bear in each region. In WOT, for example, it used to be the case that stuff was rather cheaper on the RU server than on the US/NA ones.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,196 battles

Yeah try torpedobeats with 300 ping. Thanks but no thanks, enough of the russians in CB. 

• Cool 3

Players
81 posts
6,653 battles

Tons of problems appears after each update on regional servers, i can't dream what we face with global one. They need thousands of new hamsters and tons of vodka. Don't thinks so it gonna happen

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,560 posts
20,714 battles

You do realize other MMOs have regional servers as well?

Players
7,422 posts
245 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You do realize other MMOs have regional servers as well?

Except for AW of course :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,987 posts
19,718 battles

It's an interesting idea but it wouldn't be for me, whilst my brother in law plays on the Asian server and we do chat from time to time about the game I wouldn't suddenly feel the need to division up with him. 

However the main reason I wouldn't be interested is because of my experience of the Russian player base on the PTS, seeing how they behave in chat and in game I just wouldn't want to engage with that regularly.