Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

Taking a break from wows for a undefined period, and the reasons why

15 comments in this topic

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,077 battles

Short version:

WG has gone full EA and care about nothing but money+burning out

long version:

right where do we start? I suppose I can start with my background 

I started playing wows sometime when there is 4 BB (IJN, USN, KM, french) lines and Moskva did not have 50mm Stalinium bow, and there is still only one USN cruiser line. Mostly because someone in fractured space introduced me to anime, space battleship Yamato being the first. Obviously I wanted to acquire Yamato for myself as well, so did a google search. Wows was the first thing that popped up, So I downloaded it, and started my journey there, and scuceeded in acquiring  Yamato on 31/07/2019

ED8FB89D-C018-45F7-8713-D0F9A591977B.thumb.jpeg.ee47fa05581234c66c8e3ca7a15795b8.jpeg
enough about myself, lets get down to the stuff that pushed me away from the game further and further, till I have made the decision to completely give up on it, with points that as far as I can remember.

the seeds were first sown when RN BBs we’re first introduced(USN CLs do not count since I’m nowhere near the tier where they became a significant problem). I’m completely fine with a generic BB AP slingers, since I’m mostly in for the historical ships, instead we get HE spamming BBs that can get away with broadsiding all day long, and the playstyle of the line itself even bled into other BB lines, to this day you can still see the effects of the RN BB’s influence. the USN CL release a while before is also around the time when fractured space died, and when WOWs started to go downhill for me

the second part is when they introduced IJN DD gunboat line which can melt BBs and in some cases outgun cruisers. I mean, 100mm guns pen a crusier  plates is already enough, but BB and the ability to set a lot of fires at the same time is crazy.

the third part is when HE spam ships started to increase to insane levels as I advanced into higher tiers, I mean I know that HE and fires is a meme, but when conkek decides to set 3 fires in a single salvo +10k dmg, when you you use DCP to extinguish the fires and you get set on fire by a Wooster hiding behind a island or the conkek decides to give you 2-3 fires again, it’s ridiculous imo. Not helping the fact that when Smolensk with balans 9%fire chance got released, or the fact that mino does not have HE mostly because it will be too strong, and we get Wooster and Smolensk as a result. I don’t yolo, but the video tips these days say to snipe in a BB. :etc_swear: you I can’t  hit crap past 15-16km anyway, I’m just gonna have to grit my teeth and bear with it. At least WG are not going to pull another crap on me, right?

WG: HOLD MY VODKA

deploys CVREEEwork

how the hell is that even balanced? I mean I always look for a USN crusier for AA cover in my IJN BBs, but when they come running to you begging for AA support, you know it is definitely :etc_swear:. Nevertheless they did rectify some of this, but still nowhere near enough. Also in the cv thread I have seen many good ideas to balance the RTS CVs, but it seems like WG decided to ignore all of them and shove this mess down our throats. I mean, I be fine if they did PTS testing, held in the PTS for longer for more balancing( I mean, it’s called public test server for a reason), instead what they do? Release the initial version of CVs with very little changes, in spite of the warnings given by many of the good CV players, under a guise of “mass testing”:fish_palm:, not to mention the loss of a lot of operations(if I were them I would just make a CV go from point A to B or replace it with a BB of some sort, or make it planeless for a while) when in reality they wanted to make money from selling premium CVs. The only good news is that I had to take a break to concentrate on my A levels at that time. Won’t be even worse then this right?

again, WG decides to one up their :etc_swear:, RU BB instead of pasta BB. With kermlin and sniop being ridiculous for their class, and you can physically kill them easily. High citadel my arse. You are not going to pen that belt unless you are like 10km away and it is showing flat broadside, and the weakness can be easily mitigated by going bow in. Sinop basically makes both nagato and Colorado redundant. Also only one ship actually existed in the whole line, with the other being 5% complete before it got scrapped. This is also the point where my playtime started to drop off significantly. 

next thing they do is the entire Pay2rico fiasco, at that point they are basically hammering the nails in the coffin for me at least, I mean I they have done it right in the first place I probably would have decided to actually forgive them, and maybe buy something from the shop, was thinking vanguard initially(I got my own debit card with my own allowance) but it releasing in that state has completely convinced me that WG no longer cares about us, only how much money they can make. At that point logging into the game feels like a chore, and had bought DOOM and wolfstien with the money that I saved for wows premium boats. 

WG then decide to release NTC in the first form, I mean that is what I can see EA do and think is a good idea, it is literally pay 2 win(pay to convert free Xp, then use it on resetting lines). At least that got shut down, but WG being WG, decides the next best thing to do is to remove LM mod missions and put them in research buru instead of stuffing it with more camos. That is when I decided that WG==EA at that point.

The second to last nail was announced when subs are announced and are literally full of :etc_swear: and them not listening at all to feedback on how it should be done, and homing torps that bypass torp protection completely to do full dmg? Nope for me. 

Also I should mention player quality as well, and the lower skill floor of some ships as well(cough Smolensk cough) with players not capitalising on a massive advantage, players doing utterly dumb stuff, then the red player doing another dumb stuff and it becomes a battle of who is the stupidest is also not fun, and it has been falling since launch. I remember my 46% old self being mocked for being terrible, but when you get a 20%(HOW) in the line up according to depression monitor, you start to question if those are living, breathing people.

the final nail that made me decide that wows has now gone full Wot and there is no hope of making WG listen to feedback but money: Yashima/shikisma. Call me petty all you like, for leaving because “guns are bigger then 460mm” but at that point I’m already at the boundary of deciding to jump ship or not, the 510mm will just mean that there is no stopping them from doing whatever they like for money. At that point, I made my mind up that I will take a break from wows for a indefinite period of time, after I ground out my Yamato LM. As of 29 Feb 2020, it has been completed, marking the end of my world of warships journey.

unknown.png

thank you wows, thank you yamato, thank you to all the fourmites I have played with ad against, for making a game enjoyable, but I’m sorry, I need to move on.

jump coordinates set, Preparing jump drives. Jumping

Edited by howardxu_23
Added playerbase quality
  • Cool 13
  • Boring 4

[PACOS]
Weekend Tester
656 posts
6,004 battles

Hey another Fractured Space player! hell I miss that game a lot.

Now concerning on your rant, if you ever take your time in asking how to survive against all those pesky HE spammers the forum will help you, either with already written topics or even a new one.

But if all you want to say is "AAAAAAH I'm in a Yamato, I should be unkillable and I want everyone to just die to my mighty 460 mm guns!" well, have fun in your break.

• Cool 5
  • Angry 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,077 battles
14 minutes ago, Eviscerador said:

Hey another Fractured Space player! hell I miss that game a lot.

Now concerning on your rant, if you ever take your time in asking how to survive against all those pesky HE spammers the forum will help you, either with already written topics or even a new one.

But if all you want to say is "AAAAAAH I'm in a Yamato, I should be unkillable and I want everyone to just die to my mighty 460 mm guns!" well, have fun in your break.

I actually did ask about managing HE spam, using cover and concealment as much as possible, not DCPing one fire as soon as it gets set unless you won’t get hit for some time, FP skill and BoS and following other fourm advice and looking up YouTube vids.

However, that means hanging back a lot longer then I’m comfortable with, and I often find myself losing a lot more (but more dmg done) then me taking up a more forward position, doing less dmg, but winning more often. I mean, if I need to do spotting dmg and it doesn’t matter on ship class, I will take a BB over my DDs. Bam, easy 40-50k spotting

I think I should also have mentioned player quality as well, and the lower skill floor of some ships as well(cough Smolensk cough) with players doing utterly dumb stuff, then the red player doing another dumb stuff and it becomes a battle of who is the stupidest is also not fun.

also me being a fractured space player should be obvious with my profile pic :Smile-_tongue:, but nice to meet another

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
7,481 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, howardxu_23 said:

I actually did do that, using cover and concealment as much as possible, following the fourm advice.

However, that means hanging back a lot longer then I’m comfortable with, and I often find myself losing a lot more (but more dmg done) then me taking up a more forward position, doing less dmg, but winning more often.

I think I should also have mentioned player quality as well, and the lower skill floor of some ships as well(cough Smolensk cough) with players doing utterly dumb stuff, then the red player doing another dumb stuff and it becomes a battle of who is the stupidest is also not fun.

Sad that fractured space died, but like strife if they had advertised the game and also listened to some of the well thoughtout suggestions i reckon the game would still be here.

Myself im enjoying UA:D more, and when the campaign comes out i will finally be able to a 3d rule the waves but with no carriers (maybe in dlc's or future updates etc).

Yeah i remember back in 2013 when jingles said it was basically who was the less shite team rather than who was actually better (this was a replay featuring the kv-1 tier 5 on south coast back in late 2013-early 2014.

Seems like it hasn't changed much although the game back then had its highly questionable moments and mechanics, it did reward skill better (although had litteral p2w gold ammo until they made it avalible for credits).

Still annoyed how British BB's are HE slingers and not the Accurate AP but squishy ships they should be, i mean they could of just removed the 419mms of the conq buff the 457's and then you have your silver thunderer.

guess that required too much brainpower on weegees part.

but yeah i hope you have a good break, i know have to dig monarch and fiji both out the winrate hell they are both in atm.

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
11,804 posts
9,751 battles

Im at the same point, for some reasons you mentioned aswell + some others. The main reason tho, its not enjoyable due to the abysmal low capabilities of the playerbase. Why play, when the majority of players are basicly not playing at all: Half of them suicides 5 mins into the game, the other half runs away for the entire time. If maps/battles would be endless, some people would be trapped in a game and keep running forever :cap_haloween:

So im just playing CBs right now, i didnt bother with the directives, and for sure didnt bother for the RN captain. CB season is over this week, and guess thats it for me. Future looks even worse than we have now (subs incomming, apparently german CVs, IFHE rework on the doorstep....) so not sure why i would want to come back to "play" this game.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,271 posts
11,680 battles

Will you also take a break from the forums? I mean it can't be healthy with all those CV apologists and WG lovers here right? 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
14,868 battles

BB bingo card anyone? I think he scores a full card.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,077 battles
8 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Will you also take a break from the forums? I mean it can't be healthy with all those CV apologists and WG lovers here right? 

The operative word being “undefined” but I probably just read the fourms to see what kind of :etc_swear: WG will pull from their arse, but only this time, I will laugh, since I no longer have any ties with it, while before, I will get pissed.

8 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

i have aready accepted that I’m a fully certified BBaby

well do whatever you want. Here

image.jpeg.af70644d601d4466fff91261afc89f20.jpeg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
768 posts
10,998 battles
28 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Is there an apologists bingo card also?

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
38 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

What's wrong with honing sarcasm skills and general shitposting?:cap_tea:

• Funny 2

Players
768 posts
10,998 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

What's wrong with honing sarcasm skills and general shitposting?:cap_tea:

You mean Anti-Russian Western Forum Propaganda?

• Funny 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
2 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

You mean Anti-Russian Western Forum Propaganda?

I don't have an issue with russian ships, I have an issue with WG balans department.

And if you actually look back, first two and a half "bussian rias" lines were actually balanced and had playstyle to them.

• Cool 4

Players
768 posts
10,998 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

I don't have an issue with russian ships, I have an issue with WG balans department.

And if you actually look back, first two and a half "bussian rias" lines were actually balanced and had playstyle to them.

too busy honing sarcasm skills and general shitposting.....?

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,307 posts
11,742 battles

The post from OP, is just a statement.

He clearly intents to inform forum public about his reasons for leaving the game.

Thank you for the information OP,

Even though people already started,

I'm gonna lock the topic to prevent further non constructive, trollish replies.

Thread will stay so more people can come and get informed about the reasons why OP left the game.

Have a good day.

• Cool 2