Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

175k coal... legendary commanders, a poll

title  

276 members have voted

1. 1. do you think 175k coal is appropiate for a legendary commander?

• yes, price fits
    • no, should be more expensive
    • no, should be cheaper
    • i dont care for legendary commanders
  2. 2. do you plan/did you buy legendary commanders for coal yet?

• yes i plan to/already did
    • no i did not and not planned to
    • i would with a coupon
    • i wouldn't, even with a coupon
  3. 3. which ressource u find the most appropiate for legendary commanders in the armory?

• coal
    • steel
    • free xp
    • credits (note: very unlikely!)
    • dubloons
  4. 4. do you want a coupon (x%) for legendary commanders in general in the armory?

• yes
    • no

57 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,544 battles

so, next is coming to join armory party.... and.... nah, nevermind :Smile_veryhappy:.... i won't disclose my own opinion here now, just having a look what others think :Smile_glasses:.

thx 4 voting if u do :Smile_great:,

njoy:Smile_honoring:.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Luckily, I was able to grind all of them for free except for Kuznetsov (was on a break from wows when he was grindable) - so I did get him for coal, I still think the price is outrageous though. I will point out that if I didn't have the other special captains already, I wouldn't buy them for coal, they're not worth that price; Kuznetsov is basically overpowered (him being a russian commander is pure coincidence, I'm sure) and imho the only one worth getting for that ridiculous price. I didn't get Lutjens since he wasn't grindable and I don't think he's worth that much coal.. already have that other special captain on the Hindi (I forget the name), I hate the GK, and rarely play the z52 these days due to heavy levels of powercreep. Including coupons would definitely help - even if they regenerate very slowly, on par with ship coupons (so you get one every six months), that'd still improve the situation drastically. I'm fine with coal being the currency you get them with, but 175k is pretty ridiculous.

• Cool 5

Players
619 posts
3,587 battles

I bought Kuznets but only cos I had nearly 600 k of coal after my spending (gambling) spree over xmas period..

[OFFC]
[OFFC]
Players
119 posts
8,935 battles

I would say elite commander XP would be the most appropriate resource for legendary commanders.

• Cool 20

[JRM]
Players
7,212 posts

I bought Lutiens as he was not available in any other way and I wanted to play around with his percs a bit, in the end stuck him on the Furst, coal as such is ok but 175k is a bit steep, coupon definetly

Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles
1 minute ago, terios said:

I would say elite commander XP would be the most appropriate resource for legendary commanders.

I like that idea

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,544 battles
3 minutes ago, terios said:

:Smile_amazed:...very unlikely, not gonna add it... i find it to be brilliant though :cap_haloween::Smile_great:. but it would be a totally novum, so i gonna stick with given ways of contribution yet only..... but really: brilliant :Smile_Default:

i would actually please u to open a thread on ur idea!

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

175k coal is just ridiculous as “punishment” because you didn’t play (enough) during 4 weeks in a certain update. No commander is worth that amount of coal, even with a coupon.

• Cool 16

[_I_]
Players
732 posts
19,509 battles

They cost a lot because WG gives out a lot. It makes us feel good when we accumulate the stuff, but not so good when the price tag of the inflated prices comes along. But hey, you can always buy more coal from the gambling system :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
968 posts
9,107 battles

I think Kuznetsov is the most usefull one but even he doesn't worth 175k coal. 

I would buy a TX ship (with coupon) for that price.. 

• Cool 2

[YEBOI]
Players
296 posts
9,120 battles

Should be availble in the prem shop for a modest price of €100, €175 and €275 for 10, 15 or 19pt commander bundle respectively. So that the guy who was asking the other day if they removed Thunderer from prem shop (?_?) can have an easier time getting in my ranked matches 

/s

• Funny 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,544 battles

tbh, yet of at least 2 figures do surprise me ^^.... keep em coming

[INTRO]
Players
867 posts
18,359 battles

175k is too much, especially considering they only come with 10 skill points. Yamamoto and Halsey came with 15 Points and enough elite-XP for the first ship transfer on top.

The only reason for the price is to make you pay for missing tokens when they first come out:cap_money:

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,826 posts
20,102 battles
5 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

I think Kuznetsov is the most usefull one but even he doesn't worth 175k coal. 

I would buy a TX ship (with coupon) for that price.. 

Yep. 

Kusnetzov is the best, with Lütjens being the worst. I'm not even surprised.

And yeah, i'm getting closer to the 175k needed to get Lütjens, and yet i'm considering just skipping him and going for Thunderer instead. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

175k coal for a 10-skill captains is beyond insane.

But as long as players have a lot of coal and have nothing to spend it on (all coal ships bought and a lot spare coal lying in port) they will spend that on anything, no matter how much it costs.

Then WG's spreadsheets will say that players are buying those captains for 175k coal and that the price is fine and the player-base is happy about it.

Maybe spreadsheets need some grey cells to analyze them.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,544 battles

*on a note: should've splitted 2nd question :Smile_facepalm::Smile_child:

one thing kinda buggering me on the whole commander thing is the pricegap between unique (37.5k) and legendaries (175k). i see absolutely no connection or sense in that gap...

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
3 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

*on a note: should've splitted 2nd question :Smile_facepalm::Smile_child:

Yeap...

'cuz I'd choose 2 of them... - "no i did not and not planned to" and "i wouldn't, even with a coupon"

:cap_haloween:

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,544 battles
3 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Yeap...

'cuz I'd choose 2 of them... - "no i did not and not planned to" and "i wouldn't, even with a coupon"

:cap_haloween:

yea sry lol, at work i'd have waited that moment b4 submitting..... but here, read sig :Smile_trollface:. as all the votes would go crap it doesnt makes sense to alternate now

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,544 battles

1st quick resumee:

most do agree on in general legendary commanders should be cheaper than they are now, and that there should be a coupon on em. no matter that pos and negs on a possible buy are kinda equaling out, with an edge for positives. to me a bit of a surprise is that most seem to be fine with coal as the way of distribution, while free xp scores 2nd. dubs are out for most, which might be connected to them being available for money primarily (my choice actually would be dubs lol).

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,761 posts
17,375 battles

Hi all,

13 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

1st quick resumee:

most do agree on in general legendary commanders should be cheaper than they are now, and that there should be a coupon on em. no matter that pos and negs on a possible buy are kinda equaling out, with an edge for positives. to me a bit of a surprise is that most seem to be fine with coal as the way of distribution, while free xp scores 2nd. dubs are out for most, which might be connected to them being available for money primarily (my choice actually would be dubs lol).

IMHO they should also be considered as reward from "Super Container" (i.e. regardless of a small chance of getting them)!

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[UA-NF]
Players
489 posts
8,018 battles

they are there for those, who are overflowing with coal. And there are lot of players like that. That's why price is so ridiculous. There are also lots of players, who stick to certain ships, like only play BBs... you get JB and Thunderer for coal and you don't have anything else to spend it for.

[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles

I've basically come to the conclusion that (especially after the kid made her entrance) I'm never going to get much of the "high level" content in this game, and I'm sort of wearing out on the game overall. So once I get London I'll probably just stick to playing my T10s for the legendary modules and not give a :etc_swear: about future events.

I got Sansonetti, because he could actually be acquired by playing one or two nights a week. But for the rest of them... well, players like me are pretty much screwed. Since I can't play every day, I don't earn enough coal to justify buying any of them for that. But if I could have played more often, I wouldn't have needed to get them for coal, since I probably would have just gotten them from their respective events anyway by e.g. getting enough tokens from daily missions...

Same goes for Cunningham now, unless you can finish the daily missions fairly regularly you're not going to have the tokens to get him, regardless of how much you play when you actually have time to play.

So this is just a symptom of the same problem that's plagued the game for a long while now: WG are prioritizing players who can play every day over players who don't necessarily spend fewer hours playing, but spend those hours more concentrated.

• Cool 7

[SV]
Players
1,225 posts
14,957 battles
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yep. 

Kusnetzov is the best, with Lütjens being the worst. I'm not even surprised.

And yeah, i'm getting closer to the 175k needed to get Lütjens, and yet i'm considering just skipping him and going for Thunderer instead. 

you dont have thuderer yet ? omg you plebbbbbbbbbb!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this