Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Smart_Hound

About permanent camos

22 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
6,399 posts
14,928 battles
1 minute ago, ProPip said:

Does anybody know if they have been discounted any time in the past?

They have at the lower-mid tiers, but not (I think) T10, as that's the really valuable one...

Doesn't happen very often though.

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,461 battles
1 hour ago, ProPip said:

At least two times probably three with 50% T-VI - IX. Last time was Christmas 2 years ago if I remember correctly

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,074 posts
13,122 battles
8 hours ago, ProPip said:

For sure they were beyond T10, but I don't remember, when. 

[NAES-]
Players
50 posts
9,033 battles

Than you for your answers. I was hopping for Tier X  discount at some point. It feels expensive to pay 5000 dubs on top of a ship that you have grinded for weeks so I guess I'll pass and just use coal ships.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
1 minute ago, ProPip said:

Than you for your answers. I was hopping for Tier X  discount at some point. It feels expensive to pay 5000 dubs on top of a ship that you have grinded for weeks so I guess I'll pass and just use coal ships.

I have never seen t10 permacamos discounted, and I've been playing for years. However, trust me on this - don't buy any permacamos. WG nerfs tech tree ships all the time, you can easily end up with a ship you never play anymore having the 5k camo. It's not that hard to at least not take losses in t10 without one, anyway.

• Cool 4

[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,076 battles
1 hour ago, ProPip said:

The problem is to obtain a positive credits after each battle. Check the money balance and  verify if is positive.  I only play co-ops, and in tier-X is difficult to have a positive income without the special camo after each battle . 1 doobloons is equivalent to 1500 credits I am guessing, so as if for example you have a negative income 50000 credits, you are lossing 30 doobloons each battle. If you do around 200 battles you ”recover” those 5000 doobloons. WG do it for forcing us to buy the camos at tier IX and X Perhaps in random, the economy is more favourable. In co-ops  the camo is important for positive credits balance.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,199 posts
2 hours ago, ProPip said:

No T10 never had discount  we had those reward camos last Heloween of which one was T10 and thats it

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,980 posts
3,802 battles
2 hours ago, ProPip said:

Welcome to World of Warships. I know exactly how you feel. You grind going through the pain of of some terrible ships (line dependant of course) , and the hell the MM throws at you, and the players you end up with on your team. But you survive and finally get your shiny T10 only to find you either need to spend 5k gold for the economic bonus's the camo gives in order to make a few credits or break even, or use up your camo stock

[SM0KE]
Players
6,399 posts
14,928 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

WG nerfs tech tree ships all the time, you can easily end up with a ship you never play anymore having the 5k camo.

This is a very good point - the recent disproportionate application of the nerfhammer to YY springs to mind.

I still do use permaflage on my T10s, but I tend to think in terms of them actually costing slightly more than they theoretically do (when making my 'should I spend?' decision) because of this e.g. Say you have half a dozen T10s and get permaflage for all of them; at 5K a pop, that's 30K total. If one of those T10s subsequently gets the WG 'treatment' and becomes useless, then your 'spend' per useful ship goes up to 6K (the 5K of the now useless ship, split equally between the remaining five, plus their original 5K each).

That doesn't impact your total spend of course, but it's a way of thinking about ROI per individual ship. In the above example, spend per useful ship is actually 20% higher, which might well make a difference for people.

Of course, given WG's record, the more T10s you have, the greater chance there is of *at least* one getting knackered (greater still, I suspect, if they belong to a nation that ever made Russia look silly).

Players
3,144 posts
17,777 battles
7 hours ago, ProPip said:

Don't buy tier X permacamos, ever. WG will nerf the relevant ship sooner or later.

The only tier X permacamo i still use is the Infernal that could be earned during halloween.

Tier IX and below might be worth it since WG rarely nerf them

My experience:

- Gearing permacamo: powercreeped hard by Daring and Somers

- Minotaur permacama: made obsolete by Smolensk (except radar mino in competetive)

- YY permacamo: nerfed into oblivion below tier IX levels and then some

- Worchester permacamo: radar range nerfed, BBs introduced with 30 mm overmatch - basically superceded by other ships

- Henri IV: latest one nerfed (acceleration)

• Cool 2

[NAES-]
Players
50 posts
9,033 battles

Thank you for your posts. You all have made really good points. I think I will stick to my coal ships, yet I feel cheated after all the effort to grind a tier X you get there just to pay for the ship after all.

[MAS-X]
Players
434 posts
11,069 battles
On 3/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, neorvo said:

The problem is to obtain a positive credits after each battle. Check the money balance and  verify if is positive. 

Premium ships, usually have a much better economy, no matter the camo.

I use the Smolensk to grind credits or mission objectives in co-op. I was able to gain money in battles were i got disconnected after a couple of shots, when dealing less than 10k damage.

On the other hand... To grind for the Moskov, i have put the halloween premium camo on the tier 8 and 9 russian cruisers.

If i play co-op with the tier 9, i will very probably loose credits, unless i purchase a premium account, while in a random battle i still need to do a good job, or i risk to loose as well.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,199 posts

PREMIUM ships end at T9 which is the highest tier (as of yet) that has the ships with real premium bonus, the reward ships such as Smolensk and Stalin only have bonuses of a normal T10 permacamo, only thing they really share with premiums is the fact they can take any captain

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,772 battles
59 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

only thing they really share with premiums is the fact they can take any captain

And half the service costs over a same tier tech tree ship.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,199 posts
10 minutes ago, TheBrut3 said:

And half the service costs over a same tier tech tree ship.

And that would be part of the camo?

[JRM]
Players
7,199 posts

I am not sure about that but I guess its possibble, I will take a look at the Moskva/Stalin service cost (the most closely related pair I have) next time I play them

[NECRO]
Players
1,951 posts

I would really like permacamos at T1-T5 for silver ships. The default camos of my IJN look like German Flecktarn had a threesome with Mondrian and Picasso.

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,680 posts
45,017 battles

well perhaps but if you as myself in the ,long run get a lot of permacamos both bought and through  events your one-use premium stock will rise, if you do not spam them at least.

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
On 3/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, GulvkluderGuld said:

Don't buy tier X permacamos, ever. WG will nerf the relevant ship sooner or later.

The only tier X permacamo i still use is the Infernal that could be earned during halloween.

Tier IX and below might be worth it since WG rarely nerf them

My experience:

- Gearing permacamo: powercreeped hard by Daring and Somers

- Minotaur permacama: made obsolete by Smolensk (except radar mino in competetive)

- YY permacamo: nerfed into oblivion below tier IX levels and then some

- Worchester permacamo: radar range nerfed, BBs introduced with 30 mm overmatch - basically superceded by other ships

- Henri IV: latest one nerfed (acceleration)

Although, I had fun in those ships and earned extra credits for a good while. They also might get relevant someday again. In all, I don't regret getting the perma camos. They were good value for me.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
10,495 posts
7,315 battles
On 3/2/2020 at 10:52 PM, ProPip said:

T9 was a while ago - T10 I don’t think so

Sign in to follow this