Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Dunc_

American Premiums Reviewed Pt.1 - stable boats for geniuses. Bigly.

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SHAFT]
Players
11,742 posts
9,747 battles
1 hour ago, _Dunc_ said:

If you are distressed or unable to grasp the concept of not taking life, yourself, and the internet too seriously, please move along; I'm sure there's a neckbeard subreddit especially for you.  

 

1 hour ago, _Dunc_ said:

Verdict: An awkward mix of stiff handling, ludicrous shell arcs, and terrible detection. Can't say I enjoyed this even when it was new, I dread to think what it's like now. 

 

When you talk bad about Marblehead, then the joke ends right there :fish_viking:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,352 posts
18,216 battles

Marblehead Lima

 

Possibly the most pink and stripey cruiser in the game, if that's your thing. Sadly unable to be captained by irate pink teddy bears due to not being Japanese.

 

Possesses an early example of American clockwork dorptedoes (see also: Sims, Black) and is constantly casting longing glances at its Soviet cousin Murmansk wondering why it couldn't have all the nice things that ship has, like decent torpedoes and spotter planes and better rudder shift and....

 

W.Virginia 1941  

 

It's the wrong WV, Gromit! The West Virginia that no-one wanted and WG didn't want to call Maryland because players might confuse it with a packet of biscuits. Or something. This BB is the equivalent of an irate Joe Pesci on a mobility scooter. If it catches you then terrible things will happen. But it won't, and will sit in the distance waving a stick and calling you Bad Names.

 

Should be English, because loading this ship into a game means you will have enough time for a pot of tea and colonising half the world before you get into range of an opponent.  

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,029 posts

I like these posts lately. Forum is turning more enjoyable for passing time than loading a random/ranked battle tbh. Cheers o7

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,729 battles
5 hours ago, _Dunc_ said:

IRL Boat: Got focused by CV when escorting a fleet oiler. Took 'em three goes, because CV noobs, but eventually got her. 

 

4

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
180 posts
6,733 battles

Marblehead is a fun ship!
image.png.1c3028bd11a3e75e34a6b16ff1768a50.png

it could have a better concealment, but it has torps which are reloaded before the first are at max range. You can even torp DDs with that, no one really cares about Marblehead`s torps.

Btw, try to get 100k damage with that ship :P

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
735 posts
12,951 battles
33 minutes ago, colonel_duce said:

Marblehead is a fun ship!

There is a difference between fun and good.

 

I had the feeling it explodes whenever someone looks at you in a funny way so for me it was hide or die trying.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

I feel like this now every time my Atlanta gets attacked by a CV after the Reeeeeeeeework -

 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115be683033511dbe734

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,742 posts
9,747 battles
4 hours ago, colonel_duce said:

Marblehead is a fun ship!
image.png.1c3028bd11a3e75e34a6b16ff1768a50.png

it could have a better concealment, but it has torps which are reloaded before the first are at max range. You can even torp DDs with that, no one really cares about Marblehead`s torps.

Btw, try to get 100k damage with that ship :P

3 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

There is a difference between fun and good.

 

I had the feeling it explodes whenever someone looks at you in a funny way so for me it was hide or die trying.

 

Stop kicking my poor Marblehead in the dirt

image.png.8e9b871e981069e4a963b1ae09cc3864.png

 

image.thumb.png.ade837eee0469457d35747add164a1d9.png

image.png.e0fc389ef5d89d5247cbad20bb660a26.png

 

If it wasnt for Murmansk, i think it would be the best T5 premium Cruiser. Sure its squishy af, but the firepower is insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-MM]
Weekend Tester
321 posts
8,861 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Stop kicking my poor Marblehead in the dirt

image.png.8e9b871e981069e4a963b1ae09cc3864.png

 

image.thumb.png.ade837eee0469457d35747add164a1d9.png

image.png.e0fc389ef5d89d5247cbad20bb660a26.png

 

If it wasnt for Murmansk, i think it would be the best T5 premium Cruiser. Sure its squishy af, but the firepower is insane.

148K ?!?

 

Bet that was a IV/V game too, you filthy little man. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,742 posts
9,747 battles
18 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

148K ?!?

 

Bet that was a IV/V game too, you filthy little man. :Smile_trollface:

 

:Smile_hiding:

image.thumb.png.8017e15d3441c80ce96d2ad79adfa226.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×