You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Glig69

What do you do when a teammate actively refuses to play the game?

30 comments in this topic

[-FC-]
Players
340 posts
12,307 battles

I have just played a game with a DD who started the battle pink, spent the first few minutes not moving, but instead was writing a series of childish, posts about some "secret agent mission" in chat, and then when she/he did start moving, the player refused to go anywhere near the caps or target the enemy.  After around 5mins or so, the player then declared in chat "Sh*t loser team, I give up", parked the ship and left the battle.  Sigh. 

What can you do about this?  What should I do?

Is it really worth digging out the video and sending it to WG?  Do they actually do anything about this type of anti-social player?  It was enough for me to quit playing tonight in disgust.

• Funny 1

Players
1,971 posts
19,672 battles

Yeh all you can do is report them to support with the replay attached and let WG deal with them. 

Its not worth shooting them or saying anything in chat.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,771 posts
39,146 battles

I rage on discord and do what I can in battle. Well.... You can't do more than that tbh. 

If you see such one send the replay to WG by the support. 

Players
632 posts
4,964 battles

I usually send a salvo across their bow to wake them up. Sometimes I accidentally hit them for a few bits of dmg and they begin their chat rage to report me for deliberately shooting them as they're deliberately hiding from the action. :cap_like:

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
421 posts
12,929 battles

I accidentally brush past their pink paint job and unintentionally add some more games to their pink restrictions while profusely apologising in chat...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[HOO]
Players
1,980 posts
3,802 battles

Just ignore them in chat, there really is nothing to be gained engaging them in chat, you will just get penalised by the chat system. Send a report to WG as suggested. If there is a pattern of behaviour WG might act but they will never tell you what action they take.

As for the battle in which it happens, just think of them as that DD that as soon as the battle starts yolo'd to the cap was spotted and insta deleted. Cast them from your mind and concentrate on trying to do your best.

Idiots will be idiots and there is nothing anyone can do about it, so no point letting it get to you.

[-FC-]
Players
340 posts
12,307 battles

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I sent in the replay, and got a response that "we'll deal with it".  Done.

Well - almost done.  I can understand the need for privacy, but without knowing that some kind of punishment was delivered, I don't really have a feeling that there is any rule enforcement.  I wonder whether WG might consider just sharing with the community some info on some of the punishment they have had to deal out in the last 6 months?  Ultimately what we need is deterrent, not punishment ... but the former probably doesn't come without the latter. 

Right - enough on this subject - thanks for your patience.

• Cool 3

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
421 posts
12,929 battles
9 hours ago, chazwozza said:

Carry on playing it’s only a game 

Heresy!

[MORIA]
Players
7,771 posts
39,146 battles
On 3/3/2020 at 3:11 AM, NipplesTheClown said:

I usually send a salvo across their bow to wake them up. Sometimes I accidentally hit them for a few bits of dmg and they begin their chat rage to report me for deliberately shooting them as they're deliberately hiding from the action. :cap_like:

Well once my clanmate did this to afk guy that was attacked by enemy CV . He detonated and my clanmate sunk too as punishment. Lmao. I don't recommend doing it. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Report with replay and chat screenshots. Observe support people not even looking at your ticket and what you wrote and replying with some generic, totally irrelevant response. Enjoy seeing the same dude doing the same thing again real soon. Hopefully on the enemy team.

tl;dr report to support, just don't have your hopes up, their reading comprehension skills are the stuff of legends.  Not.

Players
1,317 posts
20,088 battles

I don't have a rule of thumb for such situations, it all comes down to context. If the guy sails to a corner and stays there, there's even the possibility of him becoming the trump card that allows victory. The most despicable behaviour is announcing it in open chat, thus giving the reds less uncertainty.

I had a battle a while ago where a Yamato, for some reason I don't remember (it could be MMM, too many DDs, too many Smolensks, CVs...), decided that he wouldn't play, said it in open chat and went to an exposed location to be focused. I considered the pros and cons of letting him die too soon and smoked him up with my Shimakaze, which affected in losing my boat a bit afterwards due to the cooldown. If things would have turned out differently had I not wasted that screen is up to speculation, but at that moment I thought that keeping a hull afloat and denying the enemy team an advantage increment of 100 points for one and a half minutes was worth it.

Salute.

Players
757 posts
10,998 battles

On 3/3/2020 at 10:14 AM, Glig69 said:

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I sent in the replay, and got a response that "we'll deal with it".  Done.

Well - almost done.  I can understand the need for privacy, but without knowing that some kind of punishment was delivered, I don't really have a feeling that there is any rule enforcement.  I wonder whether WG might consider just sharing with the community some info on some of the punishment they have had to deal out in the last 6 months?  Ultimately what we need is deterrent, not punishment ... but the former probably doesn't come without the latter. 

There is a "sort-of-a-way" to check - see if they suddenly take a gaming "vacation" compared to their normal gaming patterns.

After one violation a gamer that played every single day suddenly took a 7-day hiatus after being reported for "Physics Abuse".

It suggested that an enforced vacation had been employed...but it would be nice if Wargaming actually stated that these sorts of games abuse punishments were enforced or not.

[POP]
Players
653 posts
12,730 battles
On 3/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, Glig69 said:

What can you do about this?  What should I do?

Switch flanks.

[NWP]
Players
1,404 posts
11,543 battles
31 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

bless him?

Damn him?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
229 posts
On 3/3/2020 at 10:31 AM, iFax said:

I accidentally brush past their pink paint job and unintentionally add some more games to their pink restrictions [...]

Actually you don't add anything (except making yourself look stupid).

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

I accidentally drive into them, after accidentally blowing the horn dry, afk them, accidentally fire a salvo (gun and somehow torps) across bow, and send a few polite helpful words post game, I’m sure they don’t mean it after all 😉.

• Funny 2