You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Silverwing373

USN Carriers...why am i even trying?

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,508 battles

Ok so i did a quick little comparison between USN and IJN carriers,and at tier VI,i literally can't even.

First off 3 squadrons vs 5 squadrons,advantage goes to IJN.

Ehh...what? Are you serious? Or were you in another reality when balancing the two?

2 more squadrons of torp bombers in favor of IJN?

Yeah,this is totally fair.

IJN carrier has better concealment? IT'S ONE AND A HALF THE HEIGHT of the Independance!

And by the way,where did all my upgrades go from my Saipan huh?

EDIT:Just looked at the Tier VIII IJN vs Tier IX of the USN,and your idea of balance is beyond my comprehension,i guess i need to blow my brains out.

You people...

EDIT: Achievement get:First negrep for me daring to criticize something.Since you gratuitously refused to say why,i am going to consider it as faint.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that IJN carriers have only 4 planes per squadron.That adds tactical flexibility which,oh noes!, USN carriers don't have,since the plane count in the air is the same (except that USN has useless Dbombers and IJN has Torp Bombers),but IJN CVs have them split into more units,which,as any decent RTS player will know,the more options for microing you have,the better results can be achieved.Good job on that.WG,yet again.

Edited by Silverwing373
  • Cool 3

[-5D4-]
[-5D4-]
Beta Tester
191 posts
2,687 battles

I heard the first rumblings of this last night before the patch - I am downloading now and dreading what I will find.

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,508 battles

I heard the first rumblings of this last night before the patch - I am downloading now and dreading what I will find.

It is really sad.I had trouble keeping up to the damage standard that BB set before the nerf,now it's just impossible because you are stuck with 3 squads of useless dive bombers...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,310 battles

Ok so i did a quick little comparison between USN and IJN carriers,and at tier VI,i literally can't even.

First off 3 squadrons vs 5 squadrons,advantage goes to IJN.

Ehh...what? Are you serious? Or were you in another reality when balancing the two?

2 more squadrons of torp bombers in favor of IJN?

Yeah,this is totally fair.

IJN carrier has better concealment? IT'S ONE AND A HALF THE HEIGHT of the Independance!

And by the way,where did all my upgrades go from my Saipan huh?

EDIT:Just looked at the Tier VIII IJN vs Tier IX of the USN,and your idea of balance is beyond my comprehension,i guess i need to blow my brains out.

You people...

EDIT: Achievement get:First negrep for me daring to criticize something.Since you gratuitously refused to say why,i am going to consider it as faint.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that IJN carriers have only 4 planes per squadron.That adds tactical flexibility which,oh noes!, USN carriers don't have,since the plane count in the air is the same (except that USN has useless Dbombers and IJN has Torp Bombers),but IJN CVs have them split into more units,which,as any decent RTS player will know,the more options for microing you have,the better results can be achieved.Good job on that.WG,yet again.

fixed negrep. No need for that.

On your post: Well, I tried my Lexington... Did the same amount of damage with 3 DBs and 1 TB as with 2 TBs before. Against Yamato's no less. Might have been a fluke though. I was doing 5k damage per DB squadron + fire. Haven't tried the IJN carriers yet (have the tier 4 in port now).

When I first heard about the changes I was kind of reacting like you are now. BUT we don't have enough experience with the new loadouts yet to say anything.

My advice: give it at least 25 battles before you start raging :).

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,508 battles

I think you need to get a definition for raging,and i think hitting the biggest and slowest target with DBs hardly counts.

EDIT: If he was smart,he would wait and clear all fires at once.And i think if you hit 3x5 airdropped torps on him,which is not really hard (you are hitting a skyscraper after all),you would do a TON more.

Edited by Silverwing373

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,828 posts
7,145 battles

Please go look at the actual stats again and then come back.

Count the number of planes each carrier of RESPECTIVE tiers will have in the air, then look at their total health and total damage. Lo and behold they are very [edited]similar with US carriers actually having the advantage in aspects that matter.

Edited by Aerroon

Beta Tester
26 posts
1,998 battles

the main fokus of IJN carriers is dealing dmg. cause of that they have not many fighters in the full anti ship config and even then a japanese fighter squadron loses in a 1v1 against a US squadron.

in the full anti ship config you don't even have fighters wich makes your DB and TB completly defense less and easy to kill

PS: US squadron 6 planes  Japanese squadron 4

Edited by abdacom

Beta Tester
1,160 posts
377 battles

Warning, rage below:

I consider myself a decent player (I always managed to do above average in any game I played, and got to unicum level in WoT after 9k battles).

I just played 5 games in Independence and there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to play it. It is sh*t, that is it. I dont mind playing air dominance role, but why should I do that? I am a good player, I must have impact on the battle or we are going to loose. Flying around with fighters and one squadron of bombers (that can do sh*t even after the buff) and looking at my donkey team dying all over the place is no fun. You have such a small impact on the battle that it is not even funny. And to top that, you will get garbage exp. Look at this game...

wslkxd.jpg

Every single plane shot down was from a Ranger, if I had "old" 2TB+1DB+1fighter loadout, I would be easily first in experience and we might have won. I saw that next tiers have 0/1/3 loadout, so these might be alright, but why would you play this loadout when japanese "pure dmg" loadout is better? Double the exp gained by shooting down planes or give us ability to platoon (divison) with 2xCV and I will reconsider playing US CV line again. As it is now, it is just frustration as you have no impact on the result.

Edited by DtXpwnz

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

give us ability to platoon (divison) with 2xCV and I will reconsider playing US CV line again. As it is now, it is just frustration as you have no impact on the result.

Well that was supposed to come today, it was even on the public test...

But of course the russian BB "tomato" captains whined so loud on the forums after the public test that they removed it together with the top tier IJN CVs for rebalance :sceptic:

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Didn't IJN CV squadrons only have 4 planes pr. squadron in stead of 6. Also was it not mentioned that they would be easier to shoot down, or am I missing something?

[-I-N-]
Beta Tester
3,111 posts
4,741 battles

Every single plane shot down was from a Ranger, if I had "old" 2TB+1DB+1fighter loadout, I would be easily first in experience and we might have won. I saw that next tiers have 0/1/3 loadout, so these might be alright, but why would you play this loadout when japanese "pure dmg" loadout is better? Double the exp gained by shooting down planes or give us ability to platoon (divison) with 2xCV and I will reconsider playing US CV line again. As it is now, it is just frustration as you have no impact on the result.

Because the IJN CV planes are annihilated in seconds I lost 12 of my planes against a figthersquadron in barely 6seconds.Yes 1 meaning  6planes. I know T4 planes against T6 ones isn't that favourable but honestly? the IJN TB's got less than 0 HP and do the same dmg with 1 Trop as the US counterpart...so the US CV's are better in almost every respect atm.And  on top of that is the fact that the IJN CV's got less HP and no secondary armament, neither AAA nor Arty.

Edited by _Ezio_

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

From what I could tell from a quick look. IJN CV planes have less HP and die faster, but they are faster than their american counterparts. The IJN also got less planes pr. squadron, but seem to field more squadrons at a time.

Alpha Tester
1,191 posts
8,079 battles

Well that was supposed to come today, it was even on the public test...

But of course the russian BB "tomato" captains whined so loud on the forums after the public test that they removed it together with the top tier IJN CVs for rebalance :sceptic:

should definitely be allowed 2CV in a division people are going to moan no matter what

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,508 battles

Please go look at the actual stats again and then come back.

Count the number of planes each carrier of RESPECTIVE tiers will have in the air, then look at their total health and total damage. Lo and behold they are very [edited]similar with US carriers actually having the advantage in aspects that matter.

5x4 > 3x6 last time i checked.

Get back to me once you passed through elementary school.

Also: 

Yeah.Back to school friend.

Beta Tester
1,160 posts
377 battles

Because the IJN CV planes are annihilated in seconds I lost 12 of my planes against a figthersquadron in barely 6seconds.Yes 1 meaning  6planes. I know T4 planes against T6 ones isn't that favourable but honestly? the IJN TB's got less than 0 HP and do the same dmg with 1 Trop as the US counterpart...so the US CV's are better in almost every respect atm.And  on top of that is the fact that the IJN CV's got less HP and no secondary armament, neither AAA nor Arty.

Yea, all my 3 TB squadrons from that T4 IJN carrier got shot down by a single Langley fighter squadron... Although attacking Kongo with all 3 squadrons resulted in loss of 4 planes and 10 torp hits. Which are about the same losses as for old Langley. I also got following MM: 2x IJN CV vs 2 US CV ... twice in a row, seems only logical. MM, you are so silly sometimes. This should be fixed, if there are 2 US and 2 IJN CVs waiting for game, it should 1+1 vs 1+1.

Btw, IJN CVs have decent AA, actually tier 6 has higher AA rating than Independence. The only other CV that I checked was Lexingtons counterpart (keep in mind that Lex has ridiculous AA) and IJN T8 CV has lower AA rating than Lex. But it has around 55, which is more than enough.

I definately need to play more games and get to higher tiers, but so far it seems that US CVs are now broken. US CVs can do air dominance role and have almost no impact on result of the battle and get almost no experience.

Or they can go full offense, but IJN can do the same and more effectively because of much shorter plane refuel/repair times.

I dont understand why they couldnt put some balanced option for both nations. This is online game, this game will be played by thousands of ppl, most of them will have no idea what they are doing and teamwork will be nonexistent. No matter what option you choose now, you are dependent on your team...

Edited by DtXpwnz