Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
brick128

Port slots?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
370 posts
839 battles

Why didn't we get two extra port slots?

I thought you had a port slot for each line of ships so you could test all types of ship in the game.

This is Beta test, so one might expect to get the chance to test everything.

Yes you can buy gold and extra port slots, but what if I can't/won't invest money yet?

Do I have to sell my high tier ships to make room for the new ships? Even if I haven't reached the top tiers.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

You have slot for every nation, not every line. When new lines are added, you don't get new slots, only when new nations are added.

We have +2 in CBT, in OBT we will have -2 compared to the current amount.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Why didn't we get two extra port slots?

I thought you had a port slot for each line of ships so you could test all types of ship in the game.

This is Beta test, so one might expect to get the chance to test everything.

Yes you can buy gold and extra port slots, but what if I can't/won't invest money yet?

Do I have to sell my high tier ships to make room for the new ships? Even if I haven't reached the top tiers.

The answer is: don't be a cheapskate and shell out for some doubloons / gold and get a few extra slots ( and increase your captain's reserve ). It's a small investment, and if you're not willing to do so you shouldn't complain about not having the same abilities compared to people who do invest into the game already.

Beta Tester
370 posts
839 battles

The answer is: don't be a cheapskate and shell out for some doubloons / gold and get a few extra slots ( and increase your captain's reserve ). It's a small investment, and if you're not willing to do so you shouldn't complain about not having the same abilities compared to people who do invest into the game already.

It has nothing to do with being cheap. I just don't want to built up a big gold reserve on this game while I have over 40K gold on my WoT account. I just want to wait till accounts get fused.

And I don't really complain. As I have less than 0 ambition to play CV's I have enough slots.

I just wonder why you don't get the opportunity to test all ships if you don't want to pay. This is a test phase, so give people the room to test I think.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

It has nothing to do with being cheap. I just don't want to built up a big gold reserve on this game while I have over 40K gold on my WoT account. I just want to wait till accounts get fused.

And I don't really complain. As I have less than 0 ambition to play CV's I have enough slots.

I just wonder why you don't get the opportunity to test all ships if you don't want to pay. This is a test phase, so give people the room to test I think.

Ow in that I agree, I would rather that WG would give me the gold to buy Warspite and/or Atlanta so I can test them. It's just not what they decided. There was a contest in RU afaik and people won gold there, and WG had said that both they and the people who spend money on it are a big enough test group. 

In honesty, their just monetizing the game during cbt already ;) And while that might sound bad, the reason I spend money on it is because I have faith that the outcome will be a game which I will enjoy.

Btw, I am also waiting for account merger as I got gold on my WoT account just like you ( though not 40k iirc.. ). But that won't happen before release, and as there is no wipe between obt and release, well again their monetizing their game already :coin:

Alpha Tester
797 posts

All the other regions got 5 free slots from the Spaceships event, so guess adding 2 more this patch isn't necessary.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

All the other regions got 5 free slots from the Spaceships event, so guess adding 2 more this patch isn't necessary.

Don't you know, EU is their cash cow :B

:coin:

Sign in to follow this