Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pametrada

Has Mikasa had a buff ?

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
502 posts
4,250 battles

While playing the Mikasa for the first time in many months, in Co-Op, I got the distinct impression that her main gun accuracy has improved. Did I miss the memo, or am I imagining this ?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,568 battles

Under 3 km her guns are actually pretty precise. :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,307 battles
4 hours ago, havaduck said:

Under 3 km her guns are actually pretty precise. :Smile_trollface:

Well I took it few days ago and... I did hit stuff at 7-8km. Which I remember wasn't the case in the past when you scored a hit per 3-4 salvos sometimes. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
502 posts
4,250 battles
19 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well I took it few days ago and... I did hit stuff at 7-8km. Which I remember wasn't the case in the past when you scored a hit per 3-4 salvos sometimes. 

That's what I think. Something has changed, I'm sure of it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LD-]
Players
224 posts
9,158 battles
7 hours ago, Pametrada said:

That's what I think. Something has changed, I'm sure of it.

Actually, I wanted to open a thread myself about it. Most salvos are surprisingly tight now!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
5,047 posts
22,863 battles

I've tried her in coop now. Some salvos can miss totally even on 5 km, some are very tight. But it looked always like that (RNG), so Mikasa is still the same useless crap. Funny is how inaccurate are bots on low tiers, missing 90% of shots (or more).

 

ps. If there is some change, then such messing with dispertion without any info about that, would be very bad practice.

 

ex. video from 2016 - first salvo into bow of St. Louis at 9km and 4 hits. Mikasa is 100% accurate ;-)

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,699 posts

At that tier, it's a bit of a moot point anyway, as WG sees fit not to provide meaningful stuff for the below V tiers.

 

Having typed that.. I realized there are now fewer operations meaning less meaningful stuff for the upper tiers also. Hey ho, at least we still got the directives....

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,076 battles
14 hours ago, Pametrada said:

While playing the Mikasa for the first time in many months, in Co-Op, I got the distinct impression that her main gun accuracy has improved. Did I miss the memo, or am I imagining this ?

I found Mikasa a lovely ship .  The best I do with her is to place at the middle of the map and when finally arrives.... try to send greetings all red friends with my restless secondaries :Smile_child:  Ohhh if I can send now some far accurate salvos with her, I will be pleased. I will met her and check what's is going on :fish_cute_2:

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LD-]
Players
224 posts
9,158 battles
3 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

I've tried her in coop now. Some salvos can miss totally even on 5 km, some are very tight. But it looked always like that (RNG), so Mikasa is still the same useless crap. Funny is how inaccurate are bots on low tiers, missing 90% of shots (or more).

 

ps. If there is some change, then such messing with dispertion without any info about that, would be very bad practice.

 

ex. video from 2016 - first salvo into bow of St. Louis at 9km and 4 hits. Mikasa is 100% accurate ;-)

 

 

All BBs can miss at any range*. Yesterday a Hindenburg reversed out from cover, full broadside at about 4km range, and the Yamato incl. legendary mod missed all shells but one, which caused something like 4.5k damage.

*Edit: with the exception of Ruski BBs, of course.

2 hours ago, neorvo said:

I found Mikasa a lovely ship .  The best I do with her is to place at the middle of the map and when finally arrives.... try to send greetings all red friends with my restless secondaries :Smile_child:  Ohhh if I can send now some far accurate salvos with her, I will be pleased. I will met her and check what's is going on :fish_cute_2:

 

Yes, I also have them specced to 3.8 km range which more than covers the base cap. :)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
693 posts
4,424 battles

I used her a few times in ranked. She's totally outclassed in games where any other BBs appear. 

 

However, if shes specialised for secondaries, and is able to sail close to the enemy, and you dodge, dip, dive, duck and....dodge, she can be rather dangerous.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MAS-X]
Players
434 posts
11,085 battles

The Mikasa, in the real world, was a very good ship made in britain, that beaten badly the russian navy.

But for some reasons, in this game made in russia, it's useful only to enemies, as a cannon fodder, and gets outclassed even by the tier 1 boats she faces...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,699 posts
3 minutes ago, dunbine said:

The Mikasa, in the real world, was a very good ship made in britain, that beaten badly the russian navy.

But for some reasons, in this game made in russia, it's useful only to enemies, as a cannon fodder, and gets outclassed even by the tier 1 boats she faces...

 

 

This is singularly odd, indeed. What could explain it?

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,414 posts
21,872 battles
44 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

This is singularly odd, indeed. What could explain it?

Probably the non-existing russian bias and several kilotons of damaged russian pride. ^^

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
290 posts

The Mikasa has very trollish main guns. Most times they miss the target, with the shots landing in the next map. When they do hit, they hit hard.

 

But where Mikasa shines is with a full secondary build. Basically the Massa of the low tier ships. The secondaries are deadly, and fire fast, so a lot of secondary dakka. :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
5,047 posts
22,863 battles
1 hour ago, Otowi said:

Basically the Massa of the low tier ships.

Massa of low tier is Arkansas on tier IV with improved secondary dispertion: 21x127mm 6,6s, reload, 6,8 km (with module and flag without BFT). Mikasa accuracy is not existent in that category too and only the total noob players are victim of them. Other just stay  behind 3.8 km, and destroy her almost with impunity.

 

Mass is with manual secondaries, and however is the most accurate in that setup, average % has lower then Arkansas becouse her greater range.

image.png.8fbcb79343f128459c1f82473cdc20c6.png                        image.png.a1cb1ba5a5ecd0cd9193b59bbf852a3b.pngimage.png.4ee1c803133b6cf57e4afdf70c509818.png

image.png.d1298d13dfab1df1a134607beb5c68ab.pngimage.png.a1cb1ba5a5ecd0cd9193b59bbf852a3b.pngimage.png.b8bc91f6ed2545cbef0f33d78df6aed9.png

image.png.6c4a54639648161f0a05d3bf9c8aae51.pngimage.png.a1cb1ba5a5ecd0cd9193b59bbf852a3b.pngimage.png.57f23ea0c11a0a088558864d1dfa7511.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
502 posts
4,250 battles
21 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Who is using her main guns in coop anyway? :Smile-_tongue:

Yes, you could say that with the Mikasa, the primary armament is of secondary concern, while the secondary battery is most important. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×