You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
C_wp_fighting

Add new aircraft carrier in technological tree

40 comments in this topic

Players
1 post

Hello everyone,

First thank you to click on my subject, I wish you a well reading.

I created a new topic for propose news ships implementation in “world of warship”.

I propose to add aircraft carrier in several technological tree.

I think notably to French technological tree, because like you can see here ( https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_porte-aéronefs_français), French navy had some aircraft carrier in this history.

Of course, add new aircraft carrier anywhere in the game well be a good news.

I propose to increase aircraft carrier numbers, because, these ship type is only presented on 3 faction, USA, Japan and UK.

My idea is to open a new branch on technological tree, for obtain new ships, with new suit.

Furthermore, add new aircraft carrier, develop new ships in others ranks in technological tree, like rank V, VII, IX.

Today (1 march 2020), proposed aircraft carriers are ranks IV, VI, VIII and X.

Thank you to have reading my text all the way.

I wish you a good day or night, and good match on the game.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 3

Players
372 posts
5,825 battles

Maybe some premiums from other nations, or a pan European line.

isnt enough french cv’s to do a whole line tbh, though they are experts at paper ships so... who knows

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,560 posts
20,714 battles

According to official statement the next CV line is going to be Axis.

Aka likely German because German stuff sells on the EU server regardless of how terrible it is.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Aka likely German because German stuff sells on the EU server regardless of how terrible it is.

Oh don't worry - in order to get the masses to grind a whole new CV line I'm sure WG will load it to the gunnels with gimmickry. 

Never heard of the Me 262 Rocket Plane Carrier-based Fighter-Bomber? YOU HAVE NOW!

:cap_book:

• Funny 5

Players
7,422 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Oh don't worry - in order to get the masses to grind a whole new CV line I'm sure WG will load it to the gunnels with gimmickry. 

Never heard of the Me 262 Rocket Plane Carrier-based Fighter-Bomber? YOU HAVE NOW!

:cap_book:

Well at least they will only be slightly above RN carriers in terms of effectiveness.

Manual AA would be nice with the ability to actually shoot down planes, and no i don't care if most can't use it or refuse to do so would be nice to have the option regardless.

At least the models would be interesting to say the least.

[O-R-P]
Players
2,320 posts
22,797 battles
1 hour ago, C_wp_fighting said:

Hello everyone,

First thank you to click on my subject, I wish you a well reading.

I created a new topic for propose news ships implementation in “world of warship”.

I propose to add aircraft carrier in several technological tree.

I think notably to French technological tree, because like you can see here ( https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_porte-aéronefs_français), French navy had some aircraft carrier in this history.

I agree with you, I think it couldn't be too difficult.

My proposition:

IV. Commandante Teste ( very big seaplane tender in size of real carrier )

VI. Bearn - only finished Normandie class battleship

VIII. Arrmomanches

X. Clemenceau in basic form

They could have very fast planes in higher tiers with small squadrons in example to differentiate them from other lines

Line 100% real, no napkin ships, so I think it can't be introduced because WG must create some napkin ships.

If really next line would be DKM then good luck WG :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy: 0 finished and commisioned warships. They could introduce at least some of projects of artillery-aircraft carrier armed with 280mm guns which I found in one book about GZ 

IV. Weser/Seydlitz - long live fourth Admiral Hipper hull in game, never finished

VI. De Grasse? - captured hull of our beloved TVI french cruiser, conversion never finished

VIII. Sistership of Graf Zeppelin? Artillery-carrier hybrid?

X. Napkin buff of TVIII?

Even Italian Aquila has more historical background than this napkin CV's line. Next CV line? What about second line of IJN and USN. Where is Taiho, Akagi, Essex, Independence, Chitose, Ziuho, Card, Gambier Bay, Taiyo, ect. Where are Aviation Battleships Ise and Hyuga and aviation cruiser Mogami after repair? Swedish aviation cruiser Gotland, IJN seaplane tender Nisshin (3*140mm guns, 20+5 seaplanes which could be weaker than normal carrier-borne dive bombers) could be introduced as Aviation Cruiser. Gotland could have two hulls "A" with one squadron of dive bombers and "B" as AA platform as historical had.

Pan-European Line?

IV. Karel Doorman CVE - something like old Bouge

VI. Dedalo - Independence class

VIII. Karel Doorman II

X. I doubt anything from real ships could fit here but hey boy, WG created VMF BB line so EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

• Cool 1

Players
3,475 posts

I'm sure at some point the WG devs will create a Russian CV line,long range secondaries,with  Smolenski guns, four torp launch, defensive AA to 6 km, 35 knots cruising speed, tier 4 premium, lol

• Funny 2

Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Where that info appeared, on stream?

[CAIN]
Players
4,820 posts
20,053 battles

No need asking for more CVs, because WG will shove new lines down our throats whether we want them or not. 

My suggestion is, put new CVs in tech tree. Take all CV tech trees and move them to a different game (any game other then WoWS will do). 

Repeat for submarines. 

Profit.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles

Im mostly interested when they decide to put such massivly historic ships like the Essex class back in the game. Or Taiho or Hiryu that were all historic ships but removed. Theres also Wasp, Unryu class, Shinano to add. Why not focus on these instead of constantly spewing out badly made fictional ships?

• Cool 1

Players
7,422 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Floofz said:

Im mostly interested when they decide to put such massivly historic ships like the Essex class back in the game. Or Taiho or Hiryu that were all historic ships but removed. Theres also Wasp, Unryu class, Shinano to add. Why not focus on these instead of constantly spewing out badly made fictional ships?

That would require working brain on weegees part.

Or some commonsense which ever first.

Not that i care about whether they are fictional ships but still.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,347 posts
18,216 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

A whole line of CVs with ludicrous secondaries. Why not skip the whole aeroplane thing and give them torpedo launchers, too? We know how much German BB players love to disregard their main batteries and get into torp range, let the CVs have the fun, too!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KITEN]
Players
361 posts
15,159 battles

Rumour has it they are going to remove CV hull from the map itself and just fly in planes from the border. This is in reponse to the glaring weaknesses the class suffers from, such as constant detonations, burning/flooding to death and the ineffectiveness of its armoured decks. Planes will carry smokescreens and radar and will be made from the finest stalinium to protect it from the outrageously strong AA fire they come upon.

More buffs to follow when spreadsheets say so. :Smile_trollface:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,560 posts
20,714 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Where that info appeared, on stream?

Recent reddit Q&A.

Players
1,278 posts
9,963 battles
3 hours ago, Marblehead_1 said:

I agree with you, I think it couldn't be too difficult.

My proposition:

IV. Commandante Teste ( very big seaplane tender in size of real carrier )

VI. Bearn - only finished Normandie class battleship

VIII. Arrmomanches

X. Clemenceau in basic form

They could have very fast planes in higher tiers with small squadrons in example to differentiate them from other lines

Line 100% real, no napkin ships, so I think it can't be introduced because WG must create some napkin ships.

If really next line would be DKM then good luck WG :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy: 0 finished and commisioned warships. They could introduce at least some of projects of artillery-aircraft carrier armed with 280mm guns which I found in one book about GZ 

IV. Weser/Seydlitz - long live fourth Admiral Hipper hull in game, never finished

VI. De Grasse? - captured hull of our beloved TVI french cruiser, conversion never finished

VIII. Sistership of Graf Zeppelin? Artillery-carrier hybrid?

X. Napkin buff of TVIII?

Even Italian Aquila has more historical background than this napkin CV's line. Next CV line? What about second line of IJN and USN. Where is Taiho, Akagi, Essex, Independence, Chitose, Ziuho, Card, Gambier Bay, Taiyo, ect. Where are Aviation Battleships Ise and Hyuga and aviation cruiser Mogami after repair? Swedish aviation cruiser Gotland, IJN seaplane tender Nisshin (3*140mm guns, 20+5 seaplanes which could be weaker than normal carrier-borne dive bombers) could be introduced as Aviation Cruiser. Gotland could have two hulls "A" with one squadron of dive bombers and "B" as AA platform as historical had.

Pan-European Line?

IV. Karel Doorman CVE - something like old Bouge

VI. Dedalo - Independence class

VIII. Karel Doorman II

X. I doubt anything from real ships could fit here but hey boy, WG created VMF BB line so EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

I agree a French line could be added. Though I'd suggest Bearn could be used at T4 and Joffre class at T6 -- I'm a little dubious about both a seaplane carrier at T4 and the Bearn at T6 respectively. The T8 and T10 offer no self evident options, but you could maybe put one of the Jean Bart conversions at T8 and the Arromanches (with very modern planes) at T10. Or possibly reversing the order of Jean Bart CV and Arromanches.

Germany's biggest problem is the T10. They had a bunch of CV plans (Jade, Weser, De Grasse conversion) but they all cluster at T4 and T6 in terms of capability. Actually that includes Graf Zeppelin, but I guess we can be pragmatic and keep her at T8. But what on Earth do you put on T10?

The removed "odd tier" CV's have already been stated as being planned to return at some point as side T6-T8-T10 side trees: Independence-Yorktown-Essex for USN, Zuiho-Hiryu-Taiho for IJN. So keep in mind it's entirely possible that the new "Axis CV tree" is going to be the Japanese parallel tree.

Those still leave untouched stuff like Unryu, Akagi, Wasp, all the numerous CVE classes. With a bit of paper ships thrown in, both USN and IJN could easily support three parallel CV trees each. And the UK could easily have a parallel tree (including at least Illustrious and Malta).

And ... that's about it. Yeah, no Soviet CV's please.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,685 posts
9,730 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Found a preview how the T4 queue is gonna look like

image.png.267663a8e7fcd31c9d8c5d7b05e2a94b.png

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 7

Players
7,085 posts
11,512 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

and give them torpedo launchers, too?

with 20 35 km range. its time! And 25 knots speed. Then the CVs can torp each other right on the spawn just to... hit the friendly DD, which happened to run around the border for 14 mins and right in that moment arrived to torp the CV himself... just to catch all the friendly CV torps and die. This.is.what.the.game.needs!

• Funny 2

Players
1,063 posts
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

So probably this: 

IV - Flugzeugdampfer Design

VI - Weser (ex Seydlitz) 

VIII - Peter Strasser 

X - Europa

[THESO]
Players
631 posts
12,447 battles
12 hours ago, jss78 said:

Germany's biggest problem is the T10. They had a bunch of CV plans (Jade, Weser, De Grasse conversion) but they all cluster at T4 and T6 in terms of capability. Actually that includes Graf Zeppelin, but I guess we can be pragmatic and keep her at T8. But what on Earth do you put on T10?

In the great what-if scenario of Germany having a tier 10 eligible carrier, I think it could just as well be a one of the Japanese designs -- under a German flag and using German aircraft. Think of a world more like The Man in the High Castle, meaning an axis victory.

In any case, I wouldn't mind it any more than a purely fictional design or an up-scaled Graf Zeppelin. Or some of the Soviet battleships that we already got.

Players
1,987 posts
19,718 battles

WG would probably make up a tier 10 German CV still if it's flight deck looks anything like this I'm sure a lot of people would want it 

IMG_4952.JPG

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
8 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Found a preview how the T4 queue is gonna look like

image.png.267663a8e7fcd31c9d8c5d7b05e2a94b.png

:Smile_hiding:

It's not far off now... low tiers are such a mess, it's insane. WG balancing department and any CM's that say they're happy with the rework should be forced to play DD in t4 8 hours a day.

• Funny 2

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Captain_Newman sagte:

It's not far off now... low tiers are such a mess, it's insane. WG balancing department and any CM's that say they're happy with the rework should be forced to play DD in t4 8 hours a day.

For some of us that's not a punishment but rather... Heaven. So many dead CV's...