Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

ranked need to vent

66 comments in this topic

[SV]
Players
1,221 posts
14,937 battles

i have now played around 30 games i this ranked season. out of them meaby 4-5 is wins and still i have only lost meaby 4 stars totaly. but i just dont know how to make people winn this season people are totaly clueless and seriously just stupidly bad at the game. 

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
375 posts
15,208 battles
3 minutes ago, albin322 said:

but i just dont know how to make people winn this season people are totaly clueless and seriously just stupidly bad at the game. 

Only this season?  :Smile_trollface: This is my experience of every ranked season i have played in, and just the game in general:

6-69087_chickpea-sack-of-potatoes-png-tr

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[ROT8]
Players
2,733 posts
7 minutes ago, albin322 said:

i have now played around 30 games i this ranked season. out of them meaby 4-5 is wins and still i have only lost meaby 4 stars totaly. but i just dont know how to make people winn this season people are totaly clueless and seriously just stupidly bad at the game. 

35 battles 15 wins ... check before vent :Smile_Default:

edited, stats were lagging

[SV]
Players
1,221 posts
14,937 battles
8 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

35 battles 15 wins ... check before vent :Smile_Default:

edited, stats were lagging

still its stupid that the rank system is not based on basexp, since its allow player whoa are crap to blimb the ranks

[SV]
Players
1,221 posts
14,937 battles
18 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

@albin322

can you tell me, of those 35 battles and 15 wins, how much steel do you got so far?

i am rank 10 so i think 1700 steel i think roughly !

• Cool 2

Players
3,146 posts
17,781 battles

Took me around 20 games to figure out what ship to play and to dodge whenever CV is in the queue.

After that I've managed around 60% WR in Daring.

• Cool 2

[FLASH]
[FLASH]
Players
408 posts
16,428 battles
1 hour ago, JohnMac79 said:

Only this season?  :Smile_trollface: This is my experience of every ranked season i have played in, and just the game in general:

6-69087_chickpea-sack-of-potatoes-png-tr

Well, that means lots of potato pancakes or potato salad ... let's exchange recipes ... :Smile_trollface:

In fact ... I do not play ranked ... so my question : is it really that bad ? Is my decision to avoid ranked correct in the end ?

[UA-NF]
Players
486 posts
8,005 battles

last irrevocable rank is 12, after that you actually need skill to progress. I'm currently at rank 9, and there aren't many players worse then me, I'm average. So honestly I don't see what are you complaining at. From rank 10 to 1 you actually need skill to progress.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
1 hour ago, Perekotypole said:

last irrevocable rank is 12, after that you actually need skill to progress. I'm currently at rank 9, and there aren't many players worse then me, I'm average. So honestly I don't see what are you complaining at. From rank 10 to 1 you actually need skill to progress.

No matter how much skill you have, if you pulled the shorter straw of potato players... you'll lose. And if you had a CV on your team, you won't even keep the star.

Thanks for playing, come again next season.

• Cool 3

[UA-NF]
Players
486 posts
8,005 battles
Vor 17 Minuten, Palubarac sagte:

No matter how much skill you have, if you pulled the shorter straw of potato players... you'll lose. And if you had a CV on your team, you won't even keep the star.

Thanks for playing, come again next season.

there are less and less potatoes the higher you climb the ranks. So all is in your hands. There is slight variation in skill on weekends, so weeker players may climb higher, but during the week they either drop back down or don't play

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[KITEN]
Players
375 posts
15,208 battles
5 hours ago, DirtyHeddy said:

In fact ... I do not play ranked ... so my question : is it really that bad ? Is my decision to avoid ranked correct in the end ?

Depends on how patient you are, how much you care about winning, and as the poster above said, how much you value your sanity. I have been playing Hearts of Iron 4 all weekend becuase ranked is questionable at the best of times. I just cant deal with weekenders thrown into the mix on top...

3 hours ago, Perekotypole said:

Not really. Potatoes can still rank out, it just takes a lot more games. There are quite a few people that put 1000+ battles in per ranked season to get to R1. Skill in ranked... :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,635 battles
5 hours ago, DirtyHeddy said:

Is my decision to avoid ranked correct in the end ?

I haven't played ranked in over a year.

If something just makes you mad, angry and depressed and you are not absolutely forced to do it - don't!

"I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."

- William Ernest Henley (1849–1903)

• Cool 2

[YEBOI]
Players
296 posts
9,114 battles
On 3/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, DirtyHeddy said:

Ranked is solo randoms on steroids. Same bs, same potatoes, same broken ships, same sky [xxx], same roflstomps. With added frustration of suffering setbacks on your way to obtaining rewards. But it’s a nice way to earn steel (you get some at each rank except 10 and 5), do the British captain missions and grind legendary modules at the same time. 

TL;DR - if you don’t need steel, stay away

edit: [xxx] refers to the star sign between Gemini and Leo 👌🏻 

• Cool 4

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Random games are better now, no more steamrolls  defeats, even during the last weekend, we can actually enjoy a battle even if it is a defeat in the end.

I was wonder why... can be because of Ranked?

It's nice to see in the minimap , 5 minutes into the battle the other flank still there.

Players
632 posts
4,964 battles
On 3/1/2020 at 8:20 PM, Perekotypole said:

there are less and less potatoes the higher you climb the ranks. So all is in your hands. There is slight variation in skill on weekends, so weeker players may climb higher, but during the week they either drop back down or don't play

is that why I'm seeing so many muppets with Rank 5 flags down in tier 8? Lol. 

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

This Ranked BS system has absolutely nothing with your skill level, your winning chance will be decided in the MM (which side gets more uncariable potatoes) and overall progression will be decided by saving stars on defeats, and if you are playing to save a star that is achieved not by skillful play and tactic but by taking a HE spamming BB and sitting back, everybody else that actually tried to win the game is likely to end up behind you and your only true enemy is the guy next to you doing the same...

However we are collectively re:etc_swear: and we play and play this mess for some bits of steel and "saint spreadsheet" shows to WG everything is ok and we have fun

• Cool 3

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
735 posts
12,951 battles

I really can't understand people.

Why you play it if you do not like it?

Getting to rank 10 is no effort at all and it provides some steel, going further you must be good.

The better you are the more potatos you can carry with you.

I can't carry 6 potatoes with me, so I am not surprised if we lose. But I could't care less, I am just for LM (actually it is called UU) grind.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

This Ranked BS system has absolutely nothing with your skill level

Well, that's not really true is it?
A great player will on average need way less battles to reach rank 1 compared to Mr.Potato.

I agree with the sentiment of your post and MM RNG plays a huge role in the outcome of the battle.

Personally I've reached rank 9 while practicing my Haku (I never really played it, always thought the Midway is way stronger - it's not).
That will be the end of my Ranked journey.

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts
4 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Well, that's not really true is it?
A great player will on average need way less battles to reach rank 1 compared to Mr.Potato.

I agree with the sentiment of your post and MM RNG plays a huge role 

Yes but mostly becouse of the knowlege of how to break the system and not their sole abilities, the best proof of that was the 1on1 sprint where some really good players got 100% WR THAT is a fully skill based result - YOU are better and YOU win, in classic rank you can be the best player in the world and you will still lose often becouse the team will let you down, its especially prominent when you are playing DDs or select other "high skill, high risk and high reward" ships that depend on the rest of the team actually doing their roles and supporting you at that crucial moment as often if they abandon you at that time you CANNOT escape anymore

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,825 posts
20,091 battles
On 3/1/2020 at 5:11 PM, DirtyHeddy said:

Well, that means lots of potato pancakes or potato salad ... let's exchange recipes ... :Smile_trollface:

Bad? No. Randoms are bad. Ranked is horrible.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:20 PM, Perekotypole said:

You must be new here. 

• Cool 1

[UA-NF]
Players
486 posts
8,005 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Jethro_Grey sagte:

You must be new here. 

oh sure... currently at rank 8, and I have matches where I'm among lowest winrate players in both teams. And I'm 52%, and there are 10 players better then me. And it's only rank 8, granted season only started and lot of good players haven't ranked out yet. But I play in evening hours, and skill level is considerably higher then during the day. 

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this