Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shells_and_Fish

One month premium, a resumee

21 comments in this topic

Players
32 posts
747 battles

Hello Captains,

before i will leave the game i am interested in your game expirience nowadays or earlier. 

What have i done:

Installed the client and played arround 200 games. First to say, the game looks preety cool and Clemson is a wonderfull DD. Earned coal and got the Yübari as a "free" ship from the armory. Very nice. All fine up to this point. An then i started playing tier 5 and the sad story begun. mostly horrable games. players shoot each other, ram each other, toxic chats, lemming trains and so on.....you named it. My WR is arround 63% up to tier 4 and with the beginning of tier 5 lower than 50% due to the namend facts. I only invested in a 30 day premium account and i am not willing to spend more from this point on. Ah and one last question to all guys who playing with premium ships, is your average winrate higher than in your techtree ships. this site here https://wows-numbers.com tells me that this could be?? Would be meant that WoWs is a pay to win game?? Read something during the gaming chat.

I dont know what to make of this??

Your feedback is very welcome to me.

Thank you in advance, all the best.......and fair seas.

Hopefully in better game conditions.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
3,029 posts

It is not pay to win in the way you imply.

There are very good silver line ships also and not all premiums are OP or that much stronger with some notable exceptions. Otherwise the game revolves around skill (which is very important and you need a lot of games to even scratch the surface), and 'dodgy' MM (meaning you need a bit of luck to get a better team and not land wit the dregs - I will not delve further into dis). 

The latter don't matter at all if you are playing in a 2-3 man division. Then you hold the advantage most of the times  unless you face an equally skilled division, which is extremely rare imo.

• Cool 2

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles

No, some premiums are bad or even rubbish and some are good, most of the overpowered ships get removed form sale soon enough

Playing a lot of games in the Yubari will give u a good winrate I have a 78% winrate in mine 

Same with tech tree ships there are some real stinkers and again there are some real nice ones

In the end tho, your gameplay is more important than the ship you are in 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,544 battles
2 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Hello Captains,

before i will leave the game i am interested in your game expirience nowadays or earlier. 

What have i done:

Installed the client and played arround 200 games. First to say, the game looks preety cool and Clemson is a wonderfull DD. Earned coal and got the Yübari as a "free" ship from the armory. Very nice. All fine up to this point. An then i started playing tier 5 and the sad story begun. mostly horrable games. players shoot each other, ram each other, toxic chats, lemming trains and so on.....you named it. My WR is arround 63% up to tier 4 and with the beginning of tier 5 lower than 50% due to the namend facts. I only invested in a 30 day premium account and i am not willing to spend more from this point on. Ah and one last question to all guys who playing with premium ships, is your average winrate higher than in your techtree ships. this site here https://wows-numbers.com tells me that this could be?? Would be meant that WoWs is a pay to win game?? Read something during the gaming chat.

heyho newbie :Smile_honoring:....

u might check the forums newcomers section. f.e. i'm sure there in u find intel on things like gated mm for newbies. so, the few hundred games u will play/on the lowest tiers u gonna play against other newbies only. when then finally getting into normal mm it comes with all the effects like sealclubbers.

premium ships not necessarily do better than silver ones, there's quite a few silver ones in all tiers which are considered more than good (my personal fav is the fuso). but there's quite some very powerful prems as well, mostly not that wide accessible though.

i play this since release, coming from a game that really is fubar by today in terms of p2w and pvp (sto). this game in comparison still is kind of neutral in most regards, with quite some extensions into the worser extremes over the years. but, overall, probably one of the best concepts i ever did play in.

learning curve is not too easy to climb once u get into normal mm, the game is very complex. on the other hand a lot of intuitive and still arcade.

gl, hf

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,917 posts
15,128 battles

Hello Captains,

What have i done:

• that happens when you reroll
  • premium ships have an advantage in the stats, but not the indivudual match, you should know that (stock grind, experienced captain)
  • Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,356 posts
18,216 battles

Starting to play Tier V and finding your win rate plummeting is pretty commonplace.

New captains are placed in a protected player pool until they hit level 10 (the level you reached when you obtained access to the Armory), after that you are in with everyone else. Playing Tier V will also mean you face opponents with ships up to Tier VII, and those are powerful ships which can hold their own against Tier IX opponents! So Tier V can be a rough place to be - and that's before we talk about CVs (let's not).

But by the look of your statistics you're not having too much trouble, and if you bear with it you should find things improving. 

Premium Ships: there are very few completely OP ships floating round in the game. Unfortunately there are a fair few of them in your MM spread. Hosho (although it's not a Prem), the Kamikaze/Kami R/Fujin Destroyers and Guilio Cesare are all best treated with respect. Most Premium ships do a specific thing well - it may be certain weapons, or consumables (Atlanta has all the guns, Indianapolis has radar) and are balanced out by their faults (being squishy, in the case of those two). The OP ships are not at all balanced because they have few obvious weaknesses and are just better. But you can work on defeating them, and you should - because the main skill you'll need to pick up to progress is knowledge of other ships, what they do, how they're armoured, whether they can dump 100 torpedoes in the water if you get too close, and the strategies you need to defeat them. 

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Hello Captains,

What have i done:

When you're new to the game, you will get easier matchmaking.

Premium ships or account will not give you more wins, not that we know of and it seems unlikely. To our knowledge the game is not pay to win. There's no indication that it would be.

Toxic chat is to be expected to some degree in a MP game.

Your winrate is expected to drop if you move up to higher tiers quickly. You'll meet more experienced players and the meta is 'more advanced' (yea, lets call it that...).

My suggestion: Play the game in the tiers and ships you enjoy without premium account at start. If you keep enjoying the game and want to move on to higher tiers, advance in a pace you find comfortable and get premium account later on if you still enjoy the game and want to play high tiers. This way your in game economy will be better and perhaps a bit more enjoyable and you'll support the game/devs to some degree. ..or play for free or not at all.

• Cool 2

Players
598 posts
6,830 battles

The short of it, in my experience:

Low tiers are hell now.

There are some overpowered (pay-to-win) ships, but those are not the problem. Sometimes you'll lose to then unfairly, but not often.

Usual causes for getting massacred:

Three-man teams of veterans (annoying, but fair).

Low or mid tier ships with 19 point captains (unfair).

All said, would I start playing now, knowing what I know? Probably not. I play with a friend when he's online and tend to play tier 9 and 10, where the playing field is even.

• Cool 2

Players
32 posts
747 battles
Vor 45 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

that happens when you reroll

Vor 47 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:
  • that happens when you reroll 
  • premium ships have an advantage in the stats, but not the indivudual match, you should know that (stock grind, experienced captain)

makes sense to me exept the "reroll"??

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
738 posts
14,868 battles
3 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Hello Captains,

What have i done:

So when you start losing games, you stomp your feet and slam the door like a little kid being angry.  Good riddance.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
5 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Would be meant that WoWs is a pay to win game??

Premium ships that are deemed by WG as "overpowered" are sooner or later removed from sale. And there is no ship, premium or otherwise you can play like absolute idiot and achieve good results. well, there is entire class of ships you could apply for that but, hey, details

Most "p2w" moans probably comes aimed at experienced players, who put captains at maximum level onto their premium ships.

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,778 battles
4 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Ah and one last question to all guys who playing with premium ships, is your average winrate higher than in your techtree ships.

First comparison; the 2 most played sisterships in the game and what do i see.... Bismarck has a 2% higher winrate then premium sister Tirpitz.

And for most premium ships the rule that more skilled players then tomatoes own it applies. Automatically giving it a higher winrate.

• Cool 2

Players
32 posts
747 battles

Thank you for all of ur statements. I am now encouraged to move and grind on. This thread here is not comparable to the ingame chat and a good thing too.

All the best....to all of you!!!

• Boring 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
25 minutes ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Thank you for all of ur statements. I am now encouraged to move and grind on. This thread here is not comparable to the ingame chat and a good thing too.

All the best....to all of you!!!

In game, you're at sea, so salt is only natural:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
709 posts
19,421 battles
6 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

Hello Captains,

What have i done:

The game is pay to win but not in teh method you suggest.

It isn't premium ships (apart from a few notable exceptions), but the requirement to purchase camo, flags, superior and legendary modules, special captains etc  just awaiting premium ammunition.

Additionally,  the purchase of premium to complete directives, collect enough money to purchase higher tier ships, etc.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
2 minutes ago, Peffers said:

but the requirement to purchase camo

If you can't afford base 3% concealment and 4% dispersion camouflage, you might want to rethink your approach to the game.

3 minutes ago, Peffers said:

flags

Only signals you can buy are economic ones. Ones affecting combat you have to get good old fashioned way of playing the game and scoring achievements, collecting daily signal containers, participating in PTS, events and whatnot.

5 minutes ago, Peffers said:

superior and legendary modules

One obtainable by coal, currency you can get by *gasp* playing the game or occasionally, via event containers at exorbitant prices if you're desperate enough for... not that much gain unless you love to nerdgasm over +10% more for sake of +10% more. Other obtainable by (lots of) elbow grease on tier 10 ships

7 minutes ago, Peffers said:

special captains

Available in mission marathons and then latter appearing for (granted, excessive pricetag) coal. Two captains for "main" USN and IJN are available permanently via Campaign, which also nets plenty of other resources

8 minutes ago, Peffers said:

Additionally,  the purchase of premium to complete directives, collect enough money to purchase higher tier ships, etc.

So called "pay2progress faster", something present in WG games since 2010:cap_tea:

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
28,917 posts
15,128 battles
7 minutes ago, Peffers said:

It isn't premium ships (apart from a few notable exceptions), but the requirement to purchase camo, flags, superior and legendary modules, special captains etc... 

...which you can get for free

Do you really think I bought this stuff?

shot-18_06.30_14_28.12-0385.jpg.7c4ddb2716462403789e2a6209ce4ed7.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,125 posts
31,577 battles
7 hours ago, Shells_and_Fish said:

premium ships, is your average winrate higher than in your techtree ships.

When i pay for a ship, i try harder with it than with one i got for free. So i look up more details, learn how to position and so on.

Example Duca d´Aosta: it started as a catastrophy of ca 20%wr, but i brought it to 64% after 200 battles.

And with Gorizia (prem) my wr is higher than with Zara (Gori´s free sister-ship) despite Gorizia being considered the "weaker" ship.

Sad that you are not satisfied with the game. If you find a clan and get some assistance / tips for starters you still may find it fun to play. Hope to see you on the seas! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
3,029 posts
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

...which you can get for free

Do you really think I bought this stuff?

shot-18_06.30_14_28.12-0385.jpg.7c4ddb2716462403789e2a6209ce4ed7.jpg

wth :cap_wander_2:

• Cool 1

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
542 posts

Removed off-topic posts. For personal discussions, please use private messages.

Kind Regards,

Arty_McFly

Sign in to follow this