Sign in to follow this  
TrevorGage

Discussion about the Thunderer

9 comments in this topic

Players
1 post

I played a random match in my thunderer this morning. It was my first t10 ship and then I got the kremlin. In all, these are my only t10 ships. According to 3rd party stats,  reverse phone lookup I am a below average player, barely even touched average I guess. Even by wows profile stats, my WR is 50% last time I checked (a few days ago) and I am certain I have yet to hit the 2k battles mark.  nba reddit I racked up nearly 300k dmg on the thunderer today. How is it possible that this ship is not being removed from the armory??  pcpartpicker At the hands on my noob [edited]I racked up so much damage and got 6 achievements. Mind you the game I’m talking about was a lemmigtrain from the start. I just wanted to see what y’all have to say about this.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
4 hours ago, TrevorGage said:

I played a random match in my thunderer this morning. It was my first t10 ship and then I got the kremlin. In all, these are my only t10 ships. According to 3rd party stats, I am a below average player, barely even touched average I guess. Even by wows profile stats, my WR is 50% last time I checked (a few days ago) and I am certain I have yet to hit the 2k battles mark. I racked up nearly 300k dmg on the thunderer today. How is it possible that this ship is not being removed from the armory?? At the hands on my noob [edited]I racked up so much damage and got 6 achievements. Mind you the game I’m talking about was a lemmigtrain from the start. I just wanted to see what y’all have to say about this.

One game is a statistical anomaly still. Also, this should go into "Gameplay" or the battleship section, not historical discussion. Also, did you play against bots?

[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts
On 2/29/2020 at 12:21 PM, TrevorGage said:

I played a random match in my thunderer this morning. It was my first t10 ship and then I got the kremlin. In all, these are my only t10 ships. According to 3rd party stats,  reverse phone lookup I am a below average player, barely even touched average I guess. Even by wows profile stats, my WR is 50% last time I checked (a few days ago) and I am certain I have yet to hit the 2k battles mark.  nba reddit I racked up nearly 300k dmg on the thunderer today. How is it possible that this ship is not being removed from the armory??  pcpartpicker At the hands on my noob [edited]I racked up so much damage and got 6 achievements. Mind you the game I’m talking about was a lemmigtrain from the start. I just wanted to see what y’all have to say about this.

Since ships exist, they fight in fleets. Even today this proves very effective when you put the right ships on the right place.

Still there are people though, who use the word 'lemming train' in a warships game.

Apparently when they do what they have to, some people adress them as 'lemmings'.

I wonder if they know what this game (Lemmings) was about before placing posts like this.

'Stats' tell me nothing as they are for 90% depending on the players around you.

As the win rate is what your TEAM has been doing (win or lose).

Unless one is so arrogant to think the whole battle depends on him, that is not relevant.

One can even win a battle and get less XP as number one player than the number one of the losing team.

Then the Thunderer. At start of the british BB line there was the Conqueror.

The Conqueror could be fitted with the double barrelled 'super' guns or the lesser calibre, but higher firing rate triple barrelled guns.
It was pretty simple in the end no one put the big guns on, as the performance was lower to have them on.

So they were actually hardly used.

Now they are taken away from the Conqueror and WG introduced a 'new' BB. And guess what? :cap_look:

image.png.3835ef25133c3cf59ad6652d2e99d5e8.png

Lemming train in the old days...

image.thumb.png.d4a993be6b03cd60554d545b79b0cfdc.png

Lemming train during the Battle of Jutland 1917

image.png.253ab1623ccc33de13d9eacc6120495a.png

Lemming train in Pacific during the second world war. (Midway)

image.thumb.png.849f934175182840539f0ab0201cfdcd.png

And a lemming rain today...(Well, last year :cap_tea:)

Can we now stop using that very stupid term in this game that should reflect war at sea?

Other terms equally or even more stupid are 'sniping' and 'sniper'.

It tells more about the user of the word than about practicing what is meant.

• Funny 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
On 3/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, zeeschuimer said:

in this game that should reflect war at sea?

LOL What? Guess you missed the /s at the end, didn't you?

The only similarity of WoWs with naval warfare is the name of some ships.

Players
931 posts
On 4/13/2020 at 8:09 PM, JapLance said:

Actually, pretty sure sailors are known to use similar language to the chat in most Random battles...

• Funny 1

[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts
On 4/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, JapLance said:

I think I missed nothing.

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles
On 3/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, zeeschuimer said:

Can we now stop using that very stupid term in this game that should reflect war at sea?

Also I'm wondering about the definition of Lemming train. I know Lemmings only as suicidal. Being grouped doesn't automatically means "suiciding"

• Cool 1

[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts
On 5/8/2020 at 4:16 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

Also I'm wondering about the definition of Lemming train. I know Lemmings only as suicidal. Being grouped doesn't automatically means "suiciding"

Indeed.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this