Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Armo1000

1 shot kills this patch

31 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
685 posts
646 battles

Don't know about anyone else but I have seen and experienced allot more 1 shot kills this patch. I managed to one shot 3 other BB from my South Carolina in the space of two games. I also saw this with other people.

Am I just lucky or is this part of the new mechanics?

Alpha Tester
43 posts
156 battles

Don't know about anyone else but I have seen and experienced allot more 1 shot kills this patch. I managed to one shot 3 other BB from my South Carolina in the space of two games. I also saw this with other people.

Am I just lucky or is this part of the new mechanics?

And I have done 28 hits with 0 dmg in one battle. 12 of them with HE to a cruiser :D

Beta Tester
106 posts
387 battles

I've had so many shots that would go over or under and RNG'd to death and beyond for 400 damage and around that that i pretty much stopped playing.

Alpha Tester
685 posts
646 battles

I've had so many shots that would go over or under and RNG'd to death and beyond for 400 damage and around that that i pretty much stopped playing.

I just got another two one shots in one game.  

Edited by Armo1000

Alpha Tester
685 posts
646 battles

I am seeing 1 shots everywhere today.

what is going on today.

Edited by Armo1000

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

Haven't seen a single one-shot of any ship so far today. Really nice, a lot of the shots over-/undershoots and misses. I love it! No more quick games, people have to rely on getting the shot aiming, leading and ranging right to even be able to hit. Marvellous.

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,430 battles

Got one shot in my Warspite today, got a medal for being a victim of a one shot Yay!

Beta Tester
512 posts
671 battles

I've seen people asplode from full HP to dead a few times today and was one hit killed near the start of a match in my Warspite by a DD firing torps from the third line....

Beta Tester
2,335 posts

it's because you don't bother angle your hull....Angling is king now because it prevents citadel hits...

Edited by Baron_Von_Flakmeister
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
769 posts
608 battles

Have not come across this problem as of yet. I am mainly playing my DD's im almost on the tier 8. In my tier 7 Hatsuharu i have seen no 1 shot kills at all currently maybe its down to RNG ?. 

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,206 battles

got 1 shot by a torp in my south Carolina and was my first game in it

Beta Tester
354 posts
1,022 battles

did a 1 shot of a DD at ~2km range with my NY, it came around a headland where i was preaimed at a BB behind it.

was following called "botter" by the upset DD driver.  :D

Beta Tester
51 posts
232 battles

Haven't experienced a single oneshot (DD doesn't count). Nothing. Played the whole day the US BB line and everything is fine, I love the patch.

Edited by HabDichErwischt

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
412 posts
815 battles

I haven't experienced any 1 shots (as in 1 shot that kills the enemy...not the BB that catches 5 torps in 1 go, or a cruiser getting triple citadel hit by a BB volly) but I did read the magazine explosion medal being awarded once (as in someone on the other end of the map probably went..kaboom..)

Beta Tester
3 posts
253 battles

I took 1 torp as I was turning in my Warspite....I had 47k armor left and I instantly blew up.

Thought it was a bug at first...a smililar thing happened in my New Orleans.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,544 battles

Magazine hits were probably a little rare before, but they are surprisingly common now.

I'm not sure if I like it yet, or dislike it. And honestly, it seems like the USN BBs are more prone to blowing up. At least the ones I have seen. Admittedly a lot more of them have been around than IJN BBs, but I haven't seen a single one of them blow up. A slight misalignment of the magazine on certain USN BBs? Perhaps, but I have also seen cruiser get pasted, but that was reasonably common before, so I can't put it one way or the other.

Beta Tester
23 posts
1,808 battles

The damage numbers are all over the place, and I`ve seen many ships nearly insta gib`ed including myself. Don`t know what they`ve planed for damage and armor but it is elusive atm how anything works. I still question the way some battleships take no damage whatsoever from cruisers.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

Haven't seen a one-shot yet.

On the flip side I've had a drawn out close range shoot-out between me in my Nagato and a New York. Our main guns did almost no damage at all to each other and my secondary gun battery ended up doing most of the damage which finally resulted in him sinking.

[NOCAP]
Beta Tester
11 posts
4,510 battles

Had two torpedo one-shots today from enemy CVs against Tier III IJN BB. Not a one-hit, but I pulled off the most flawless dead-on citadel hit with just one shell on a Kuma (50% hp, ish) from a Myogi. Was a joy to behold. Can't really comment much on the two one-hits that I had as I was caught somewhat unaware by the torps, so my angle was probably perfect for the planes. Will have to do some more testing tomorrow when I have time to see how it all plays out.

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
173 posts
829 battles

Proper aiming with AP rounds can easily result in multiple citadel hits, which may one shot an enemy. Protect your citadel by sailing towards or away from an enemy, and always manoeuvre to avoid fire.

[0RCA]
Alpha Tester
489 posts
2,643 battles

I'm zig zagging across the maps like a sailor on shoe leave after 6 months at sea :honoring: 

Haven't really one shotted much but have managed a few "Devastating Strike" moments with a full broadside and maybe 4 or 5 hits doing the job.

Sign in to follow this