You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Afghanicus

European Tokens, WG's RNG at it's finest

141 comments in this topic

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

I know this is PTS-related but I also know how most players don't give a F about the PTS and then when it goes live they are like "wait wut!?".

Therefore, I'm opening this thread to discuss WG's latest full-RNG mode with the tokens, 'European Tokens' in this case.

Seems like WG misses the RNG so much that on the PTS they've set '"European Containers" to give anywhere from 10 'European Tokens' up to 140 'European Tokens'. Isn't that way exaggerated difference and forced RNG?

tokens-10.jpg

tokens-140.jpg

I know PTS values are not final but if nobody points out how bad this is... they will have no troubles implementing the same ones on the live server, once 0.9.2 kicks in.

We are talking about 14:1 RNG ratio here which is insane. Also keep in mind that players will mostly get the ones with 10 tokens only. The 140 ones will be quite rare. 

As expected, most of the 'European containers' will give 10 tokens. The rest will be 20/30/40 and very rarely the 140 tokens one.

Additionally, are we going to get some Historical Captain to go with the European DDs? If so, there is absolutely no word about it.

On the PTS we can see what the tokens can be used for (standard flags, signals, camos, premium days etc.) but I'm pretty sure there will be some 'main reward', most likely costing the same 1000 tokens which is not mentioned at all.

Shouldn't players be informed about these in due time so they can prepare accordingly, especially when the rewards on the PTS are tokens which we have no idea how worthy they are. Maybe WG could say something in advance instead of keeping everything so mysterious til the very end, going alongside 'soviet seKrets'.

Interestingly enough, if the "1000 tokens for the main reward" is true... I can share that after completing all directives and collecting all possible rewards on the PTS, I obtained just over 900 'European tokens' which WG probably calculated well enough, planning that most players won't be able to get the 1000 tokens the the 'main reward' even if they grind everything. This BS reminds me of the previous 'Early access British CAs' where the majority of players finished all directives, collected all rewards and got no ship at all, myself included.

So not only that WG is expecting players to grind (often mindlessly) for rewards but those rewards are now becoming RNG-based and WG's RNG is quite weak giving quite often absolutely nothing to the majority of players.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,876 posts
21,710 battles

"No amount of whining will change the event." - WG leadership.

• Funny 8

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Ugh... that's nasty. Not as nasty as "infinite bundles with "random" contents" like we saw with 0.9.1., but still pretty damn close. 

At least it's again in a container, so it brings in oil for the clan.

tWj4RPB.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

Players
1,121 posts
12,828 battles

While i strictly hate- with a passion- RNG in early access events, this one is a true breathe of fresh air compared to all previous ones. 
Any previous early access after the british LIGHT cruisers was not at all guaranteed to give you any early access whatsoever. 
This event, if fully played, will at least give you a tier 5-6-7 early access i think, while a lucky trucker who plays for two days may actually end up with the tier 8&9 as well for a tenth of the effort. 

Still much better. 
But, lets indeed remove RNG from this stuff entirely pls

Players
2,011 posts
19,799 battles

I admit I really do not like the RNG aspect of the token drops so I'm not going to make any effort on the European event, if I get something that's nice but I won't go out of way for this event.

• Cool 4

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
On 2/28/2020 at 5:33 PM, MacArthur92 said:

I'm just hoping it won't come to live server like that. 

@Crysantos

Seems like tagging WG staff members doesn't work any longer.

Could someone look into it and check if tagging option 'works as intended'?

@Crysantos @MrConway @YabbaCoe @Sehales @Tanatoy @WG_Lumberjack

:Smile_unsure:

[FLASH]
[FLASH]
Players
408 posts
16,487 battles

You are forgetting something:

If WG wants everybody to receive these ships, they would simply let them pop up one morning in our harbour.

Of course there are some chances for each and everybody to obtain a ship in one or the other way but these chances are low enough  to ensure that a few lucky ones will get some, but not the mass.

The mass shall buy them. WG is not a non-profit-organisation. They are dependent on that most of the ships will be bought ...

So do not complain about slim chances in a lottery ... that's how capitalism works ...

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,085 posts
4,049 battles

whining about tech tree ships again ? what's the point ? I'll FXP to tier 7 or 8 anyway if I don't get anything from the "early access"

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
4 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

whining about tech tree ships again ? what's the point ? I'll FXP to tier 7 or 8 anyway if I don't get anything from the "early access"

It's about WG's RNG. 

It's about how it's all getting worse and more RNG-based.

And how they ignore players' feedback and make the whole PTS and testing in general... POINTLESS.

If you couldn't read what I've wrote, you could have spared us from your useless comment as well.

Keep that in mind for the next time.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,085 posts
4,049 battles
1 minute ago, Palubarac said:

It's about WG's RNG. 

It's about how it's all getting worse and more RNG-based.

And how they ignore players' feedback and make the whole PTS and testing in general... POINTLESS.

If you couldn't read what I've wrote, you could have spared us from your useless comment as well.

Keep that in mind for the next time.

PTS was always pointless because the testing is controlled by WG from what they make available. Thus a lot of things cannot be tested as a result ...

I was on PTS once and gave up. I don't think they will ever learn the value of a permanent testing environment ....

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
9 minutes ago, DirtyHeddy said:

You are forgetting something:

If WG wants everybody to receive these ships, they would simply let them pop up one morning in our harbour.

Of course there are some chances for each and everybody to obtain a ship in one or the other way but these chances are low enough  to ensure that a few lucky ones will get some, but not the mass.

The mass shall buy them. WG is not a non-profit-organisation. They are dependent on that most of the ships will be bought ...

So do not complain about slim chances in a lottery ... that's how capitalism works ...

Capitalism works as a lottery? Really? I guess we live on different planets.

Capitalism works in a way that you have to earn something. In this case... if you want an X ship, you have to do something for it. Finish certain missions/directives or whatever. But once you did your part of the job, you should get the due rewards.

If WG doesn't want to give X ship to the player-base then they should make it that way and be clear about it. The X ship costs *this much* and that's it. Some will pay for it, others won't.

But making everything a lottery, purely RNG-based BS is not how capitalism works and it's not what anyone enjoys.

WG is lucky that there are plenty of players with gambling issues but taking advantage of them is unethical to say the least. They are like parasites living off those ones because they are incompetent to get funded by players who enjoy the game.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[FLASH]
[FLASH]
Players
408 posts
16,487 battles
26 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Capitalism works as a lottery? Really? I guess we live on different planets.

Of course. Look at the stock exchange (e.G. Wall Steet) ... there is much gambling and lottery in it ...

26 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Capitalism works in a way that you have to earn something. In this case... if you want an X ship, you have to do something for it. Finish certain missions/directives or whatever. But once you did your part of the job, you should get the due rewards.

You did not understand what I wanted to say, so do not hook up on the last sentence. Read the statement at full ...

So for You a further explanation (which I omitted because I thought it was too obvious) : WG made the lotterychances slim due to capitalistic purposes

[JRM]
Players
7,251 posts
27,067 battles

Well IIRC they said in the stream the event will be similar to the RN CV pre-access, if so thete will be a number of bundels with guatenteed content in them that you have to buy in order (previous lower tier ship had to be bought first for the higher one to be unlocked) since the pre-access of lines usually involved t5-8 its safe to assume this will be the case here only thing in question is how much the bundels will cost

[SV]
Players
1,234 posts
15,016 battles
On 2/29/2020 at 2:06 PM, Palubarac said:

are you for real you post this on a saturday, they dont work weekends and have said so many times. jezz the stupidity of some people. 

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
14 minutes ago, albin322 said:

are you for real you post this on a saturday, they dont work weekends and have said so many times. jezz the stupidity of some people. 

It's not the first time they are tagged without giving any response. So you could have checked my threads/posts/tags before making a fool of yourself. 

Try again next time.

• Cool 1

Players
3,407 posts
20,516 battles
On 2/28/2020 at 5:55 PM, MrFingers said:

Ugh... that's nasty. Not as nasty as "infinite bundles with "random" contents" like we saw with 0.9.1., but still pretty damn close. 

tWj4RPB.jpg

This is how I see WOWS currently. It lost all it's charm, and since I never engage in gambling the game really stopped appealing to me.

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff
5,193 posts
4,445 battles
On 2/29/2020 at 2:06 PM, Palubarac said:

Less is sometimes more. 

The tagging option is working and we are trying to reply to tags, when possible. Just sometimes we are finding out the information, we have currently other things to do etc. Also tagging during weekends can be tricky, as we might overlook some tags while reviewing, what happened during the weekend. 

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
8 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Less is sometimes more. 

The tagging option is working and we are trying to reply to tags, when possible. Just sometimes we are finding out the information, we have currently other things to do etc. Also tagging during weekends can be tricky, as we might overlook some tags while reviewing, what happened during the weekend. 

Well, I'm pretty sure you know that all prior tags were NOT on weekends so that point is not really valid, is it? I'm pretty sure you don't need me to pull my last dozen of tags over the working days which were completely ignored by all tagged WG staff members.

Also, in your professional opinion... do you think your reply on this thread should be related to the tagging option or to the subject of 'European tokens'?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,158 battles
On 2/28/2020 at 4:55 PM, MrFingers said:

oil for the clan.

:fish_cute_2: yeaahhh oiiiiil

tWj4RPB.jpg

Please share this port in Modstation, with this one I will feel really at home :fish_happy:

• Cool 1

Players
7,484 posts
245 battles

tWj4RPB.jpg

surprised, mikasa and graf arent there with how random their accuracy is with certain things.

miss california would love dat doe.

Alpha Tester
3,099 posts
12,188 battles
On 2/29/2020 at 1:06 PM, Palubarac said:

To be fair they do answer now and then and contribute towards our 'understanding' of these really complex and complicated issues, although mostly in a really patronising manner because we couldn't possibly be right about anything, right?

They probably go home at night really frustrated that their playerbase is overly demanding and too whiney, but what they don't see if that much of this comes from their intolerance, lack of empathy, their own sense of entitlement and the way they've dehumanised us. Once they were very different, communicative and down to earth, especially when they were first starting out. They had a far more sincere reationship with their playerbase back in the day, but the moneys got too good and they've become too arrogant. They need to go back to their roots methinks.

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Players
1,987 posts
3,803 battles
On 2/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, Palubarac said:

Shouldn't players be informed about these in due time so they can prepare accordingly,

Test iterations invariably use test values, and have accelerated progression criteria. WG don't make this point clearly enough. Players will play or see PTS being played on streams and assume the rewards and rate of progression will be the same on live. The PR fiasco was a prime example of this.

Only when the bean counters at WG have looked at their spreadsheets and decided how much they actually want to give away for free and how much they want to make from selling the Pan Euro containers, will the actual reward chances be set on the live version.

Until then the only thing we the players can do is assume things will change. Experience tells us that from previous test iterations.

• Cool 1