Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fonfalks

Broken ranked, some questions to WG...

70 comments in this topic

[QARTV]
Players
521 posts
11,260 battles

Some questions to WG about ranked

1)Why have you yet not banned CVs from ranked

2)When will you ban CVs from ranked

3)Are you aware of HUGE quantity of one sided games in ranked like 1 - 7, 7-1 or even 7-0 0-7? 

4)What is in your opinion causing these games and what will you do fix MM so that games can be more competitive? 

5)When and how will you address Smolensk? 

P.s. what is the point in your in game polls if you again and again spit on wast majority of player base and do nothing about Cvs, Smolensks etc?

• Cool 14
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 7
  • Angry 1

[PAID]
Players
296 posts
9,506 battles

ooof... that's some hard hitting questions 

Someone at WG office right now - 

stressed.gif

• Funny 22

Players
2,593 posts
6 hours ago, Europizza said:

The topics are getting better and better :D Cant wait for the weekend to start :cap_rambo:

What? Wait!! The weekend hasn't started....??

Somebody opened the weekend box way too early then.....

• Funny 3

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
8,260 posts
7 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

3)Are you aware of HUGE quantity of one sided games in ranked like 1 - 7, 7-1 or even 7-0 0-7? 

4)What is in your opinion causing these games and what will you do fix MM so that games can be more competitive? 

P.s. what is the point in your in game polls if you again and again spit on wast majority of player base and do nothing about Cvs, Smolensks etc?

IDK if you remember but a few months back one of the executives at WG (not sure who, might have been S_O or someone else) when asked about Ranked MM, stars etc stated something in the line of "yes we know this is a mess, we are looking into it and are preparing something different for the next season" well now we are at the next season and nothing is different, Arms Race we had before, retar:etc_swear: are still making sure you see saw for ages, irrevocable ranks are still the same, prizes are still the same, cvs are still here...

We are all at fault really, us players, they keep serving us that same :etc_swear: every season and we keep swallowing it every season, we play and play in that sh:etc_swear:show instead of boycotting it, saint spreadsheet says we play it and hence its all good, no need for change...

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

IDK if you remember but a few months back one of the executives at WG (not sure who, might have been S_O or someone else) when asked about Ranked MM, stars etc stated something in the line of "yes we know this is a mess, we are looking into it and are preparing something different for the next season"

I haven't seen that... Afaik, they're quite content with Ranked mode. Sure, they'd like to improve things if possible, but I haven't seen anything specific they're dissatisfied about or anything specific they're looking to improve upon.

Irrevocable ranks are there for a good reason. Starsavings is a decent compromise. I don't like Arms Race or cvs in Ranked, but I can just not play. Not really boycotting it, just choosing to stay out of an unenjoyable experience.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[THESO]
Players
5,181 posts

All Legit questions.

With a pinch of provocation and salt, but all legit, asked multiple times and ever so ignored.

Unfortunately, WG does not want to address them or even hear about them.

I also noticed, that WG representatives even distanced themselves from the forums again ....

• Cool 3

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
773 posts
14,169 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

haven't seen that...

because it did not happen. People prefer to remember things how they imagined it, not how it was.

1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

cvs are still here

my memory is really bad lately, which seson had reworked CVs?

As always in this game, WG cannot patch players brain, but in 7 vs 7 you just see it more clearly how special some players are.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
10 hours ago, novents said:

ooof... that's some hard hitting questions 

Someone at WG office right now - 

stressed.gif

More along the lines of this... :cap_haloween:

image.jpg.072d6637282ece02160a11b1d1d277bf.jpg

• Cool 3

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,405 posts
7,325 battles

1). Ranked has pretty much always had CV - from the RTS days to the rework. The only times it hasn't was when it's been a tier that doesnt have CV e.g. when it was tier 9, or tier 7.

2). Its probably unlikely that they will remove them.

3). + 4). This is an interesting read: 

https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/articles/the-snowball-effect-and-how-to-avoid-it-in-game-design--cms-21892

Notable points are that in WoWs there is no catch up/diminishing returns/reset mechanic, and that losing a ship not only removes guns/map control, but it also loses your team points AND gains the enemy points. This means the loss of one ship can cause the snowball effect. With ranked being only 7v7 then that loss of one ship is a greater portion of the team than in 12 v 12.

This season will be even worse, because losing map control not only loses you radar/hydro/crossfire, but the team who has map control gets extra buffs in the form of permanent healing and extra DPM

5). Next patch its armour gets nerfed. Sceptical opinion is this just means it will get more over pens against it, but we'll see

• Cool 5

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
8,260 posts
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

because it did not happen.

my memory is really bad lately, which seson had reworked CVs?

My god you are a fanboy arent you? Well whatever as I didnt hear it myself but read it it might have been a wrong quote, as for reworked cvs how about seasons 12 and 14?

• Cool 2

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,302 posts
13,106 battles

When you do get the opportunity to ask, for example in a stream, I notice a lot of the hard hitting questions are ignored and the more benign ones embraced. We simply have no political power here to persuade them otherwise. Our only real fightback can come through the community contributers and their streams - but the question remains is whether the CCs have it in them to say something without being afraid to upset WG.

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
Just now, Shaka_D said:

When you do get the opportunity to ask, for example in a stream, I notice a lot fo the hard hitting questions are ignored and the more benign ones embraced. We simply have no political power here to persuade them otherwise. Our only real fightback can come through the community contributers and their streams - but the question remains is whether the CC have it in them to say something without being afraid to upset WG.

I see CC's criticising WG all the time, and they don't pull punches, either. Ever hear Flamu comment on WG's special decisions? He basically does it all the time, and he's not the only one. CC's aren't the problem. Player base has to start voting with their wallets. Demanding changes while still spending money isn't going to impress them. A halted income coupled with demands to fix stuff would be far more effective.

• Cool 7

WG Staff
3,548 posts
15,761 battles
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I haven't seen that... Afaik, they're quite content with Ranked mode. Sure, they'd like to improve things if possible, but I haven't seen anything specific they're dissatisfied about or anything specific they're looking to improve upon.

Irrevocable ranks are there for a good reason. Starsavings is a decent compromise. I don't like Arms Race or cvs in Ranked, but I can just not play. Not really boycotting it, just choosing to stay out of an unenjoyable experience.

You haven't seen that because it isn't true. What we said is that we're looking into how we can improve Ranked in general but no changes planned in the near future, especially MM (which is technically something different that class restrictions in general).

12 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

1.) CVs have been part of Ranked in the past and are right now - if the season happens to be on an uneven Tier, then it won't be there.

2.) Not planned at the moment, but we're monitoring how CVs in Arms Race (after the HP restoration fix) are performing.

3.) Too early to say, season just started. But I'll make sure that our Devs pay attention to this aspect. I only managed to play one battle yet this week, so can't comment on it personally either.

4.) See answer above, can't comment on that

5.) We talked so often about Smolensk, please check our streams and plenty answers to what we think about Smolensk and her performance.

PS: To get an impression what our players think and how they feel about the game. Please stop assuming that your personal opinion is representative for the entire player base, it's not - which doesn't mean we don't care about your personal opinion, but you're hurting your own argumentation by claiming to speak for pretty much everybody. What I can tell you is that we did indeed check in-game polls of games where players specifically met Smolensk (even based on the numbers) and we didn't see a significant difference in ratings.

Look, I understand that CVs force you to play Ranked differently than without - it would be the same case if suddenly another class wouldn't be part of a mode, it's logical. We keep a close eye on this season with the combination of Arms Race & CVs.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 8
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,977 posts
21,241 battles
56 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

This is me getting ready to play ranked..

Gimp.jpg

Prepping myself by taking chill pills in smaller quantities as can be seen in the gif below. 

So far, i made it with one bottle per battle. :cap_cool:

giphy.gif.d7d963ec32cb9b20e8c92fba2bef10dc.gif

• Funny 2

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles

Talking about Smolensk in general is one thing - complaining about the ship in Ranked feels weird.

IMO - one of the most useless ships in this mode. It was almost cute to watch the red Smolensk yesterday trying to desperatly farm our pushing BBs & me, while we just auto-heal more then he can dish our.

Smolensk is a DoT-farmer. With limited time because of how the mode works with the cap popping up and the heal buffs - everything works against Smolensk. Also, the auto heal itself isnt helping smolensk itself much, sinceof its low health pool. Im healing almost double what Smolensk does per second - given both teams have same level of buff - with Henri. Not even talking about Moskva, Stalin & BBs.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
8,260 posts

Well I had decent succes with farming the BBs in the battle I took Smol out, AP also does fair job on the broadsides when offered in reasonable range so I easily slaughtered the enemy cruises however she is really bad for sitting in capzone and if you get a speshul BB squad in your team well...

PR and Ohio served me better

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

You haven't seen that because it isn't true. What we said is that we're looking into how we can improve Ranked in general but no changes planned in the near future, especially MM (which is technically something different that class restrictions in general).

1.) CVs have been part of Ranked in the past and are right now - if the season happens to be on an uneven Tier, then it won't be there.

2.) Not planned at the moment, but we're monitoring how CVs in Arms Race (after the HP restoration fix) are performing.

3.) Too early to say, season just started. But I'll make sure that our Devs pay attention to this aspect. I only managed to play one battle yet this week, so can't comment on it personally either.

4.) See answer above, can't comment on that

5.) We talked so often about Smolensk, please check our streams and plenty answers to what we think about Smolensk and her performance.

PS: To get an impression what our players think and how they feel about the game. Please stop assuming that your personal opinion is representative for the entire player base, it's not - which doesn't mean we don't care about your personal opinion, but you're hurting your own argumentation by claiming to speak for pretty much everybody. What I can tell you is that we did indeed check in-game polls of games where players specifically met Smolensk (even based on the numbers) and we didn't see a significant difference in ratings.

Look, I understand that CVs force you to play Ranked differently than without - it would be the same case if suddenly another class wouldn't be part of a mode, it's logical. We keep a close eye on this season with the combination of Arms Race & CVs.

Greetings, Crysantos

Leaving the thing with Banning CVs aside.

I just got another Game with CV. On the Map were both Teams get 2 Heals Right away. And that effectively means that the CVs can Ignore most Continues AA....

The Enemy Haku could basicly make 3-4 Drops despite me being in Moskwa with Def AA and having a Mino next to me.

Needless to say that in Endgame the Haku could effectively Ignore the AA of the Repu entirely. Because it effectively lost 1 Torpedo Bomber for every 2 Completed Drops.

I dont give a Crab about Playing Differently. But right now that way of Playing Ranked the Moment a CV is in the Match. Is to basicly pray that either no Heals Spawn or that your CV is better than the one on the Enemy Team.

Because the only thing Stopping that CV from effectively Killing the whole Enemy Team alone is the Fact that he doesnt have high enough DPS to do that faster than the Game ends.

I dont know how that looks up Balancing Wise. But I can Guarantee you. In terms of "Fun to Play" or "Enjoyable Gameplay Experience" Right now. Most People would give you a Higher Rating on this. If you just gave CVs the Option to Choose 1 or 2 Ships of the Enemy Team which Return to the Port with him and Count as his Kills.

Because if he Chooses you inside the Game your Options of Defending yourself against him are roughly the same as that of a Fish in a Barrel Defending himself from a Guy who keeps Poking at you with a Spear.

• Cool 4

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
773 posts
14,169 battles
20 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

And that effectively means that the CVs can Ignore most Continues AA....

are you saying that they did not patch it?

• Funny 1

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
8 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

are you saying that they did not patch it?

Well. This happened in the Games I had within the last 2 Hours. So unless I missed some Announcement that they will Patch it Tomorrow. The problem is still there.

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
44 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Well. This happened in the Games I had within the last 2 Hours. So unless I missed some Announcement that they will Patch it Tomorrow. The problem is still there.

They "fixed" it yesterday - it was even worse before that ^^

• Funny 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,302 posts
13,106 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

I see CC's criticising WG all the time, and they don't pull punches, either. Ever hear Flamu comment on WG's special decisions? He basically does it all the time, and he's not the only one. CC's aren't the problem. Player base has to start voting with their wallets. Demanding changes while still spending money isn't going to impress them. A halted income coupled with demands to fix stuff would be far more effective.

Mmmmmm, might need to listen to flamu a little more then.  Boycott as a mechanism will definitely work, but rallying support is never going to happen on the scale necessary. Unless via clan action with clan leaders pursuading those they are able to influence or convince within their clan - Perhaps clan loyalty will entice clan members to support their clan if a decision is made to this end? Multiple clans boycotting events and decisions somehow would work beautifully, lol.

Clans provide identity and a platform for competition, but could be used to far greater effect if harnessed to their full potential...but do as many people take the game as seriously or want to see it improved or based around fair and balanced principles like we do? Not likely i reckon.

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

They "fixed" it yesterday - it was even worse before that ^^

Even Worse than a CV Squadron losing a Total of 3 Planes when doing 3 Drops on a Kremlin which is Sitting between a Moskwa and a Minotaur ?

Were they Completely Invulnearble Yesterday ?

Sign in to follow this