Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StuHWulf

Planes in Ranked are invincible

83 comments in this topic

[G3NTZ]
Players
3 posts
6,045 battles

Due to the heal buffs not applying correctly. Planes heal so fast with only one or two heals you can facetank AA and fighters and be invincible

• Cool 2
  • Funny 18

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles

No sh1t Sherlock ... CV mechanics broken ? this must be the first time this has happened ...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

giphy.gif

I think someone just came early at WG HQ due to the awesome balancing he made to his favorite class

• Cool 1

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
7 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Luckly we can heal our AA !

Even IF - that wouldnt matter.

15 minutes ago, StuHWulf said:

Due to the heal buffs not applying correctly. Planes heal so fast with only one or two heals you can facetank AA and fighters and be invincible

Not that it wasnt obvious. I knew about this shortly after this Ranked season was announced. Because unlike WG, I can count to 2.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,544 posts
14,169 battles

OMG.. this is heaven!

3 mins in continuous AA and not a single plane down!!

This ranked would be hilarious..

but when think like a moderator..

I get terrified for the forum :P

• Funny 14

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,796 posts
10,946 battles

262337647_hienohommahermanni.gif.764b737cb578538641470537031306a0.gif

(ät) quality-control-dot-com

Spoiler

If such even exists

• Funny 5

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,405 posts
7,325 battles

Question for those that have had a chance to play ranked;

Obviously this seems a bit comedy of errors - planes healing faster than AA damage applies, leading to "invincible" planes.

If the opposing team however had got the same amount of heal buffs, would that completely off set the CV damage? Apart from the Hak, the other two rely more on DoT damage - can you heal that damage faster than the CV can deal it?

[ZQSD]
Beta Tester
200 posts
10,459 battles

I don't even understand why this game breaking class has its place in a supposedly ''competitive'' mode :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
2,867 posts
7,283 battles

Woe to those who run into ElZa on a normal day, for those who run into him in ranked, woe theyr keyboards and teeth :Smile_teethhappy:

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Question for those that have had a chance to play ranked;

Obviously this seems a bit comedy of errors - planes healing faster than AA damage applies, leading to "invincible" planes.

If the opposing team however had got the same amount of heal buffs, would that completely off set the CV damage? Apart from the Hak, the other two rely more on DoT damage - can you heal that damage faster than the CV can deal it?

I doubt it, since Ships get only 0,05% HP recovery per sec. Planes get 1% :fish_boom:

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Was it tested properly before releasing? Probably... 

Or the person responsible for the spreadsheets dashboard still had its calculator set in radians instead of regular mode...

• Funny 5

Players
80 posts
8,388 battles

@MrConway

Would you please report the balancing team to their superiors and the human resources department for not doing their job.  How can you honestly tell me that planes taking ZERO damage at ANY POINT during a game be considered balanced. 

Is your continued explanation that CV's are balanced, just dodge (TM) or is this ***another*** "we are sorry for our mistake and apologize for the inconvenience caused"?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,293 posts
13,080 battles
27 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Take a dedicated AA ship and you'll be fine.

And so this becomes the sole guide of what ship to take, the fact there will be a cv to contend with. Gone are the days of choosing a good alrounder to do battle with, lol. Everybody needs to tune into the stream tomorrow to share their joy with the community team, all feedback is good feedback.....weyhey

• Cool 1

Players
864 posts
11,096 battles
Just now, Shaka_D said:

And so this becomes the sole guide of what ship to take, the fact there will be a cv to contend with. Gone are the days of choosing a good alrounder to do battle with, lol.

(I was being sarcastic, there are No good AA ships in the game)

• Funny 7

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,293 posts
13,080 battles
1 minute ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

(I was being sarcastic, there are No good AA ships in the game)

I know, I was throwing in a potential counter argument against some yokel that'll eventually state what you said seriously  - now I just need a backward thinking yokel to ask away and we're all good :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

[G3NTZ]
Players
3 posts
6,045 battles

A dedicated AA ship wont matter. If you look at the end I bombed the carrier, with fighters up, with a lone bomber. A lone bomber shouldn't survive fighter squadrons and carrier AA no matter how much healing it has.

Sign in to follow this