You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
yoursexygranny

I think CV should be removed (or rebalanced) - the whole community is complaining about the current state

953 comments in this topic

Players
13 posts
1,778 battles

Just listen to Jingle's opinion. Every comunity contributor is saying similar things about it.

https://youtu.be/8kTKGHXpLRA?t=629

And we will get the non sense in ranked as well.....

Can WG provide any feedback please? Or they are unwilling to listen to comunity with comments "all is working fine" even the comunity agree it is not the truth.

Tier X sorted out by averange damage. CV in top half of the pool and as Jingles said, the only couterplay is "just dodge" 

:cap_cool:

GP2STic.png

• Cool 22
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 11

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
245 posts
12,170 battles

First the CVs were useless with all the AA in the battles. Even now its not so OP even if a UNICUM playing it. 

CVs are annoying when you get them in battles but there's nothing to whine about it.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 12

Players
13 posts
1,778 battles

how to counter play CV > just dodge!

Jingles is whining? Not sure about that. ..

U sayin only when CV is in game it is anoying > Also explained by Jingles that almost every game have CV now > So most of the games are anoying. Make sense what you saying.

• Cool 4

[P-W-C]
Players
6,599 posts
31,373 battles
5 minutes ago, yoursexygranny said:

how to counter play CV > just dodge!

Jingles is whining? Not sure about that. ..

U sayin only when CV is in game it is anoying > Also explained by Jingles that almost every game have CV now > So most of the games are anoying. Make sense what you saying.

The now missions for CVs on new directive do people are playing then a lot. Even on high tiers 12 CV on queue. Yesterday it wasn't like that, normally you get a cv game every 3-4 battlesz unlike today and days like Friday or Saturday when there's naval battles time - you get more CV games. 

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
951 posts
14,515 battles

I wouldn't miss them if they went away. They are one of the reasons I became a co-op-main.

They can outrun, outrange and outspot any other class in the game without the risk of taking damage. Putting that much power into the hands of 1/12 of the players and let the rest be punchingbags is not a balanced game IMHO.

I suggest to put CVs "on ice" for a month and then ask the playerbase what they thought of it. Even a run on the testserver would work in a pinch. If we want to find things out we have to test it. There is no other way. Simply put, we don't know what it's like and neither does WG. Can't hurt to try?

• Cool 14
  • Bad 3

Players
81 posts
5,029 battles

Man, i start to feel like; I left WoT and WoT forums because of stupid arty threads and complains, but now, what?

Ok i am just a %~53 standard player but wtf is ur problem guys? I hate CV's when they were on RTS mode, when they delete BB's with 1 torp salvo, but after rework? Man %85 of their kind is now useless, just flying bees around ships.

Maybe ERAZER and few unicums doing very well but rest, rest just garbage. Whats real problem here? Are you facing with cvs each game while you are seal clubbing on tier 4-5? Because i face CV's mostly 1/3 rate on tier 8-9-10 games.

Yes that rate increases for a few days, while there are some cv missions around but thats all. That shouldn't be a reason for a CV thread again and again and again

• Cool 19
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
951 posts
14,515 battles
2 minutes ago, MrOverboard said:

That shouldn't be a reason for a CV thread again and again and again

The question you  (and WG) should ask yourself is: "Why does these threads come back again and again and again?"

• Cool 13
  • Bad 1

Players
2,294 posts
11,283 battles
9 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

The question you  (and WG) should ask yourself is: "Why does these threads come back again and again and again?"

Because people are lazy and not willing to learn how to deal with CVs or find CVs as a convenient punching bag?

Like what @MrOverboard said, not all CV players are like El2aZeR or other unicrum players. They come in varying skill levels and most of them aren't even that good. If people can't be arsed and want and easy game so that they can farm damage without a CV hindering them then they should just keep their mouth shut. Its not even that hard to deal with CVs in the first place and even if they sink you so what? Its a game where someone will sink someone else. Its like blaming an entire group for something bad that happened to you without considering the fact that it may be because there is something wrong with you. Find a group that agrees with you and wah lah, the herd mentality, CVs are OP PoS, remove them.

FFS up till now we have people complaining again and again about BB overpens and doing muh huh damage. Do they complain when they one-shot those poor cruisers? Should cruisers complain because they are always getting one-shot by BBs?

I'll just like to add that I don't even play CVs anymore and I still don't have any issues playing against them in any class  be it during RTS or now after the re-work.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Players
13 posts
1,778 battles

updated OT witht he ships stats, which make sense why the community is complaing not being able to counter play the high damage dealer in game ..

People are lazy to "dodge", yeah ...  :cap_horn:

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
6,599 posts
31,373 battles
6 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Because sometimes there are"more CV" days. And ships like Kleber are harder to play. 50% of CV players are bad/below average, 30% are good, 10-15% are very good (me) and only 5-10% are unicuum level. 

The most "annoying" ones are in fact those 20%. The 30% are doing something and sometimes pulling off a good battle. But the rest? Cmon. 

You think that other ships can't be annoying with right hands? Even trying to counter them doesn't work cause they won't give an opportunity. How many Kitas or Benhams I saw that just wiped off the entire flank of 4-5 ships. Colbert  or Worcester on good location. DM/Salem same. Hindenburg especially with Lütjens. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
33 posts
17,574 battles
1 hour ago, GioIonutz said:

First the CVs were useless with all the AA in the battles. Even now its not so OP even if a UNICUM playing it. 

CVs are annoying when you get them in battles but there's nothing to whine about it.

This. People just cant adopt very well to new situations; even some super unicums whine like babies. Will be the same with submarines.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[P-W-C]
Players
6,599 posts
31,373 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

Because people are lazy and not willing to learn how to deal with CVs or find CVs as a convenient punching bag?

Yup. Chapa that overextended got almost wiped off. But he waited for the other ships to come help him . Those others were Massa and Nelson. This was enough to stop me and I couldn't kill him. Well, technically I could but I would lose too much. 

Sometimes I can't do much when the enemy team plays well together coordinated. It happens rarely, mostly 2 divisions 3 man each can pull this off . And me as good CV player can't do much. A unicuum would also struggle. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
13 posts
1,778 battles

Seems like you woking like troll, discussing offtopic (checked other topics you commented as well) destroying any discussion you/WG do not like, huh?

Very nice to the community, really appreciate your support here.

Check the ships stats. If you can not do much in CV then you probaly under-average CV player. I Assume unicum make 100k+ games according to the stats.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,712 posts
18,226 battles
43 minutes ago, MrOverboard said:

I hate CV's when they were on RTS mode, when they delete BB's with 1 torp salvo, but after rework? Man %85 of their kind is now useless, just flying bees around ships

I mean, that wasn't exactly any different back then?

Or did you miss all the auto dropping potatoes that you could basically just make non-existent by using WASD a bit?

Fact is potato CV players weren't relevant to the discussion then and thus shouldn't be now. Something you're ironically demonstrating by saying "omg RTS CVs could just delete BBs with a single drop" which naturally implies that the CV player in question was actually halfway competent at least.

• Cool 6

[P-W-C]
Players
6,599 posts
31,373 battles
13 minutes ago, yoursexygranny said:

updated OT witht he ships stats, which make sense why the community is complaing not being able to counter play the high damage dealer in game ..

People are lazy to "dodge", yeah ...  :cap_horn:

High damage dealer you say? You mean Conqueror or Smoleńsk? Cause those 2 are considered the easiest ones to do so. Thunderer also though got worse survivability. 

Players
13 posts
1,778 battles

People do more damage in CV than in Smoli. Higher WR in CV than in Smoli. You can not counter play against CV, that's the main point.

Those numbers are available Online.

GP2STic.png

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
6,599 posts
31,373 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

which naturally implies that the CV player in question was actually halfway competent at least.

Well not everybody was good in RTS tactics and managing. That's why a lot of people preferred lower tiers with less squads to operate. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,712 posts
18,226 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Well not everybody was good in RTS tactics and managing. That's why a lot of people preferred lower tiers with less squads to operate. 

Apparently only about the same number of players can actually handle the rework despite it supposedly being easier, so meh?

Last week: 3770 CV players

Same timeframe in 2018: 3704 CV players

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200222/eu_week/average_class.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/pastrecords/20180224/eu_week/average_class.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And while we're at it, stats from last week show that CVs are actually among the highest damage dealing ships at T8+.

M9HQv6B.png

Jnq3g01.png

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
6,599 posts
31,373 battles
4 minutes ago, yoursexygranny said:

GP2STic.png&key=b64ec0963ee6d1a8d1321a27

I don't see any BB here. Hmm. Bourgogne is doing 116k dmg on average, Conq 100k almost. Way more than the T10 CVs. 

• Cool 5

Modder
4,294 posts
20,823 battles

In those stats I don't see nothing wrong. CV are generally in line with other ships and older ones did on average much better.

image.thumb.png.541cdb5084ad208a65ca150ed0e23819.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[P-W-C]
Players
6,599 posts
31,373 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Apparently only about the same number of players can actually handle the rework despite it supposedly being easier, so meh?

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200222/eu_week/average_class.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/pastrecords/20180224/eu_week/average_class.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And while we're at it, stats from last week show that CVs are actually among the highest damage dealing ships at T8+.

M9HQv6B.png

Jnq3g01.png

Yeah but you also forgot they got rid off T5,7 and 9 CVs. There was a lot of T5 CV players. Some of them moved to T6-8 that's why you see same numbers but different distribution. 

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
1,595 posts
11,161 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

M9HQv6B.png

Jnq3g01.png

And remember that those ships above them usually can't spot for themselves anywhere on the map and strike there and do not move with a supersonic speed.

[P-W-C]
Players
6,599 posts
31,373 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

last week show that CVs are actually among the highest damage dealing ships at T8+.

Among the highest but not the top end. 

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,712 posts
18,226 battles
32 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah but you also forgot they got rid off T5,7 and 9 CVs. There was a lot of T5 CV players. Some of them moved to T6-8 that's why you see same numbers but different distribution. 

Yes ofc, but that only affects encounter rate, not player numbers.

28 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Among the highest but not the top end. 

They're actually at the very top when you start separating premium ships from tech tree ones. The only ones contesting them are Conqueror, which doesn't have nearly as high of a damage efficiency, and Goliath, which has unstable stats due to being the shiny new thing.

I hope I don't need to explain to you why differentiating between premium ships and tech tree ones is important when it comes to stats?

32 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

In those stats I don't see nothing wrong. CV are generally in line with other ships and older ones did on average much better.

Quite literally the only reason why the older ones did better is due to skill differences in population rather than their inherent potential. This can easily be seen by comparing top player stats in contrast to average/bad player ones.

• Cool 8