Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DariusJacek

Thoughts on IFHE changes vs Hindenburg and Hernri IV?

11 comments in this topic

Players
2,094 posts
13,448 battles

Hello.

I have question to those of us playing both or one of them with IFHE (I do both for a record).

What are you going to do after upcoming 50% fire chance nerf with IFHE?

Will you still use it? Or not? And why?

Will rework change any thresholds? I don't think so but I may be wrong.

I am most likely staying with IFHE, fire is too much RNG dependent and fully healable vs reliable way of dealing more damage to some AP resistant ships I chose damage but YMMV.

It's hilarious how WG by attempting to balance light cruisers vs heavy cruisers has managed to :etc_swear: up some of heavies as well indirectly buffing BBs as always. :Smile_facepalm:

Collateral damage or planned nerf?

[CATS]
Players
26,859 posts
14,393 battles
2 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Hello.

I have question to those of us playing both or one of them with IFHE (I do both for a record).

What are you going to do after upcoming 50% fire chance nerf with IFHE on them?

I am most likely staying with IFHE, fire is too much RNG dependent and fully healable vs reliable way of dealing more damage to some AP resistant ships I chose damage but YMMV.

It's hilarious how WG by attempting to balance light cruisers vs heavy cruisers has managed to :etc_swear: up some of heavies as well indirectly buffing BBs as always. :Smile_facepalm:

We have to wait for the final changelog.

Up to now it was ok to lose some fire chance to surpass a few plating thresholds.

In the future you will probably lose A LOT of fire chance to surpass a few plating thresholds. That is probably not worth it in random battle.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,606 posts
11,651 battles

I never used IFHE on the Hindi as it pens  50mm already. I will demounting IFHE from my Henri.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
1,906 posts
3,753 battles
26 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I never used IFHE on the Hindi as it pens  50mm already. I will demounting IFHE from my Henri.

Yes but with IFHE Hindy pens Kremlins 60mm deck. In competitive modes such as Clan Battles that can be a factor

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,876 posts
9,003 battles
16 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Yes but with IFHE Hindy pens Kremlins 60mm deck. In competitive modes such as Clan Battles that can be a factor

And IJN BB T9-10 decks too.

Imo IFHE Hinden right now does not rely on fires - so even if you lose even more firechance, i dont think it will matter. If you calculate the effective firechance (with DE + fireflags) from Hindenburg now its 7% vs TX (even lower if extra debuffs like FP come into play) vs 5,25% after IFHE rework. Is that much? Dont think so.

For Henri, i think its different. It has a MUCH higher firechance + reloadbooster. Effective firechance is 11,5% now vs 7,5% after rework. I think that makes more of a difference. Not to mention, you get 50mm pen, but not 57/60 like Hindenburg. I think IFHE Henri was just the answer to Moskva/Stalingrad in CBs - its not needed for randoms in any way.

• Cool 3

Players
2,094 posts
13,448 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

And IJN BB T9-10 decks too.

Imo IFHE Hinden right now does not rely on fires - so even if you lose even more firechance, i dont think it will matter. If you calculate the effective firechance (with DE + fireflags) from Hindenburg now its 7% vs TX (even lower if extra debuffs like FP come into play) vs 5,25% after IFHE rework. Is that much? Dont think so.

For Henri, i think its different. It has a MUCH higher firechance + reloadbooster. Effective firechance is 11,5% now vs 7,5% after rework. I think that makes more of a difference. Not to mention, you get 50mm pen, but not 57/60 like Hindenburg. I think IFHE Henri was just the answer to Moskva/Stalingrad in CBs - its not needed for randoms in any way.

Good point, now if only WG came out with a new 4 point skill boosting acceleration:cap_haloween:

[HOO]
Players
1,906 posts
3,753 battles
18 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

Good point, now if only WG came out with a new 4 point skill boosting acceleration:cap_haloween:

Lets see what modules they come with for in the Research Bureau.

bad feeling.gif

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,916 posts
11,706 battles
21 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I think exactly the same, unless something new emerges with the change/patch. Wasent really needed before bot more troll build to punish Stalins and Kremlins.

Players
8,196 posts
9,087 battles

Using IFHE on Hinden and Yoshino. What will I do once IFHE rework hits? Dunno. Play more Thunderer, because someone has to put the Kremlin in its place and that hasn't been nerfed yet.

Players
1,145 posts
9,785 battles
On 2/25/2020 at 4:46 PM, DariusJacek said:

Hello.

What are you going to do after upcoming 50% fire chance nerf with IFHE?

I use IFHE on both and when the IFHE changes will come like it's now i will demount it on both. The fire chance is RNG but losing 50% is way to much of a downgrade.

Players
2,094 posts
13,448 battles
16 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Using IFHE on Hinden and Yoshino. What will I do once IFHE rework hits? Dunno. Play more Thunderer, because someone has to put the Kremlin in its place and that hasn't been nerfed yet.

But Kremlin is going to receive another massive nef - again it will be annihilated with 0.05 sigma nerf. 10 more patches and nobody will play her:Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this