Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Third directive task bugged?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OCTO]
Players
1,195 posts
26,068 battles

Coop game with Albermarle. had 10 modules damaged in that game - no progress on directive

 

Am I missing something?

 

image.thumb.png.63a267990bbbbc41940801aaef94516d.png

 

image.thumb.png.ae9f6e4445c8e63f2c6c5b6a23900b69.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,990 posts
3 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Am I missing something? 

damaged/destroyed AA and secondary guns don't give ribbons

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
1,195 posts
26,068 battles
17 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

damaged/destroyed AA and secondary guns don't give ribbons

Ah, thank you. So what is it? Turrets, steering and propulsion only? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,990 posts
4 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Turrets, steering and propulsion only?

and I think torps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
1,195 posts
26,068 battles

Sorry, didn't pay attention to Incapacitation Ribbon. Lack of Caffeine, I guess....

 

On the other hand, typical WG. :etc_swear:

 

The task is named "Destroying Modules" - The results screen states: "Modules Damaged : 4    ?


Логика, да?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,984 posts
12,205 battles
12 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

The task is named "Destroying Modules" - The results screen states: "Modules Damaged : 4    ?

quite true somehow, but yes, a AA- or Secondary-gun is no "destroyed module" in this case. Just Guns, Rudder, Torpedo-Launcher, Engine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
724 posts

Personally, I think it's the one above it that's borked. 1200 secondary battery hits with battleships? Is that some high-tier joke us mid-tiers don't get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
12 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

Personally, I think it's the one above it that's borked. 1200 secondary battery hits with battleships? Is that some high-tier joke us mid-tiers don't get?

I don't see a joke.

 

It's a directive that can be done within an hour if you have a proper ship for such task. Otherwise you need a bit more but still nothing crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
43 posts
10,910 battles
1 hour ago, NobleSauvage said:

Personally, I think it's the one above it that's borked. 1200 secondary battery hits with battleships? Is that some high-tier joke us mid-tiers don't get? 

I just managed 86 secondary hits with König in Co-op, so is do-able at mid-tier. I wonder that this task, along with directive 2's "Receive 11500000 of potential damage" tasks are designed to encourage BB players to brawl at close(r) ranges :cap_viking:. Lately I've seen Georgias charging in with Engine Boost at the start of a match, I even had to get out of the way in my cruiser a few times.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
724 posts
32 minutes ago, NewHorizons_1 said:

I just managed 86 secondary hits with König in Co-op, so is do-able at mid-tier. I wonder that this task, along with directive 2's "Receive 11500000 of potential damage" tasks are designed to encourage BB players to brawl at close(r) ranges :cap_viking:. Lately I've seen Georgias charging in with Engine Boost at the start of a match, I even had to get out of the way in my cruiser a few times.

Can you do that every match? Because half of the coop matches I play, my battleships don't get within secondary battery range at all. 35-40 seems like a decent average for whenever I manage to actually get close enough. Not sure I want to spend 60 or more games in battleships just for one objective (I play cruisers and occasionally destroyers as I have much more fun in them); certainly not when I can knock out 24 kills or 20 incapacitations in cruisers within the course of half a dozen matches or so.

 

2 hours ago, Palubarac said:

I don't see a joke.

 

It's a directive that can be done within an hour if you have a proper ship for such task. Otherwise you need a bit more but still nothing crazy.

Must be nice to have that amount of choice, some of us clearly don't have enough battleships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
3,140 posts
10,735 battles
2 hours ago, NobleSauvage said:

Can you do that every match? Because half of the coop matches I play, my battleships don't get within secondary battery range at all. 35-40 seems like a decent average for whenever I manage to actually get close enough. Not sure I want to spend 60 or more games in battleships just for one objective (I play cruisers and occasionally destroyers as I have much more fun in them); certainly not when I can knock out 24 kills or 20 incapacitations in cruisers within the course of half a dozen matches or so.

 

Must be nice to have that amount of choice, some of us clearly don't have enough battleships.

You need the rigth ship for the task and sometimes... luck.

It's not about having enough ships, it's about having the right ship, may  not be the best.

 

This screenshot was taken in a similar event do x hits with secondarys.

In that day Gneisenau didn't cut it, Bismarck didn't cut it , the games were full of people trying to do missions, the games were ending very fast, I think the best game I had with either one of them was around 170 hits .

the I took my Bayern did a couple of games, same story, until in one game where my team dropped like flies and I manage to survive.

Bayern did better than the big brothers.

 

Spoiler

1603448444_bayernsec.thumb.jpg.83df17dbe4e46a7689f97b179a8a9ea2.jpg

 

the same thing happen to me today, in a single match I did 354 sec. hits

I was in my Bismarck vs a GK and we stay isolated most of the game duration and I held on.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
724 posts
15 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

You need the rigth ship for the task and sometimes... luck.

It's not about having enough ships, it's about having the right ship, may  not be the best.

 

This screenshot was taken in a similar event do x hits with secondarys.

In that day Gneisenau didn't cut it, Bismarck didn't cut it , the games were full of people trying to do missions, the games were ending very fast, I think the best game I had with either one of them was around 170 hits .

the I took my Bayern did a couple of games, same story, until in one game where my team dropped like flies and I manage to survive.

Bayern did better than the big brothers.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

1603448444_bayernsec.thumb.jpg.83df17dbe4e46a7689f97b179a8a9ea2.jpg

 

the same thing happen to me today, in a single match I did 354 sec. hits

I was in my Bismarck vs a GK and we stay isolated most of the game duration and I held on.

I wish I had your luck! Also, seems like since the latest micro-update the game has begun occasionally crashing on me mid-battle, particularly when things are getting busy (y'know, when there are lots of ships close by and shells in the air, like, say, round about secondary-battery range). Seems like I might just not be destined to get that objective done, which is a shame as I'd quite like the 2k5 freak's pee. I suppose I'll just have to rack up 5 million credits instead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
13 hours ago, NobleSauvage said:

I wish I had your luck! Also, seems like since the latest micro-update the game has begun occasionally crashing on me mid-battle, particularly when things are getting busy (y'know, when there are lots of ships close by and shells in the air, like, say, round about secondary-battery range). Seems like I might just not be destined to get that objective done, which is a shame as I'd quite like the 2k5 freak's pee. I suppose I'll just have to rack up 5 million credits instead...

I use JB because it's the best I have. That doesn't mean that GK isn't much better but also that you can't obtain decent results with lower tiers such as the Bayern above :)


 

11111.jpg

 

22222.jpg

 

 

Last 2 games (just finished them)... around 240 hits per game in co-op (lasting 4 min on average)..

 

So 240 hits x 5 games = 1200 hits = DONE (in 4 minutes x 5 games = 20 minutes or let's take 30 as an extra 2 games or so, in case of worse results)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×