You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
shizume

My Smolensk's guns despertly need servicing!

27 comments in this topic

[-ENF-]
Players
6 posts
12,126 battles

Hi all, 

I am wondering if I own different Smolensk as people that are posting battles with Smolensk on Youtube.

I mean when I've been watching those videos and fires have been literary raining. I took Smolensk althought I've been thinking of Thunderer first.

Well my Smolensk is ultra lousy fire starter.

Intentionally I've writen down last 30 battles statistics: Shells caused fire on target in 2,43% (fire chance with 2 flags and DE captain skill is 11%). Just look at attached picture: 616 hits 13 fires, that's 2,11%!

And my dear Wargaming don't tell me thats just bad RNG because on my Des Moines I've been playing for two years now I'm struggling to get 3-4 fires in 100 HE hits. On the other hand when I'm targeted by HE I'm on fire in first 10 secs for sure. Mostly I die by fire, battleship or cruiser it doesn't matter. I'm so sorry I didn't get Thunderer instead.

Next: Ghost ships. Shells fired on those ships pass through without scoring hit, damage, overpen, rebounce etc. Nothing. I've been firing yesterday at Worchester with my Salem for 30 secs - he crushed in the island 10 km away from me, he was standing still and not a single shell harmed him. And that was not the only case just in last week.

Next: Yamato issue. I've been doing fine with her but lately I can't do any significant damage at all. Either are overpens on bounces, in most cases both in same salvo. It's frustrating when you hit with 4 shells and score 1k. With her guns! I'm struggling to get to 60-70k damage. And not just that, guns accuracy sucks. Two day ago I've been firing at totaly broadsided Yamato at 8 km and all of my shells hit the water way before they should- somewhere in the middle between me and him. Not happening just to Yamato but Kremlin and Montana too.

Next: Today I've been firing at broadsided Lyon T7 with my Normandie T6 (16,5 km) - 4 hits 4 overpens. Overpens on 16 km with one tier lower????

And at last, but not at least: losing streaks. I mean I'm doing fine for about 3 month then in one week I lose all my progress  and more than that because I can't win a game. My longest losing streak was 19 games in a row. I mean if I am AFK all 19 games my team shouldn't lose all games! It seems like MM don't want players to advance but keep them at aprox 50%. And it happens over and over again!

Wargaming. I have over 8k battles, I believe I've been playing for about 3 years and now I'm seriously thinking to stop playing and delete the game who becomes crapy lately.

No offence and have a nice day all!

Smolensk.thumb.PNG.fdfbf292ad987a7e39d94647a5da9b0b.PNG

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
26,807 posts
14,383 battles

That looks like a normal fire ratio.

I hope you did not expect anything near 11%...

• Cool 1

Players
1,022 posts
5,416 battles

Um, I hate to break it to you, but have you maybe considered that some of this is on you? 

Fires: You need to keep in mind that TX ships have a 50% fire resistance. So your 11% is Actually 5.5% and then we deduce all the shells hitting the belt and shattering/bouncing and your fire chance seems to be where to expect it. 

Ghost ships and shot falling short issue. Our glorious servers and coders be thanked. This happens to everyone at different points in time. I do however agree, that the amount of magical armor capable to withstand Yami is disconcerting. 

Losing streak conspiracy:

Um no. This is bad luck and you try harding way too much to force the issue. Do You know why 50%wr are the norm?  Because every game has this wr.

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,810 battles
14 minutes ago, shizume said:

Wargaming. I have over 8k battles, I believe I've been playing for about 3 years and now I'm seriously thinking to stop playing and delete the game who becomes crapy lately.

No offence and have a nice day all!

States this and posts about playing Smolensk...

Meme Double facepalm.jpg

• Cool 7

[THIR]
Players
704 posts
3,987 battles
Just now, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Fires: You need to keep in mind that TX ships have a 50% fire resistance. So your 11% is Actually 5.5% and then we deduce all the shells hitting the belt and shattering/bouncing and your fire chance seems to be where to expect it.

HE shells can't bounce and when they shatter their firechance still applies.

• Cool 7

Players
1,707 posts
14,856 battles

The fire chance of your shells (with DE, flags etc) isn't the same as the end fire chance that's calculated when the shell hits - each ship gets built-in fire resistance based on tier, then some of your targets will be running fire prevention too which further lowers the chance.. 

The one thing you can do on your end is try to make sure you're shooting at ship parts that aren't already on fire (if his mid section is already burning ,try to light up the bow/stern instead of spamming mid more, if he's running FP you won't get a fire as long as one's still burning there). That, and you might want to try and prioritize targets that aren't burning already / have just used DC.

• Cool 2

Players
1,022 posts
5,416 battles
2 minutes ago, Stormhawk_V said:

HE shells can't bounce and when they shatter their firechance still applies.

Oh. Wow. Sorry about the misinformation then ^^;.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,851 posts
8,985 battles
55 minutes ago, shizume said:

Just look at attached picture: 616 hits 13 fires, that's 2,11%!

Ontop of what has been already said: If you hit a section thats already on fire, you could hit a million shells, you wont start any more fires. Thats often the cause for a much lower fire chance than you would expect.

57 minutes ago, shizume said:

Next: Today I've been firing at broadsided Lyon T7 with my Normandie T6 (16,5 km) - 4 hits 4 overpens. Overpens on 16 km with one tier lower????

Superstructure overpens? Or Bow/Aft....

58 minutes ago, shizume said:

Next: Ghost ships. Shells fired on those ships pass through without scoring hit, damage, overpen, rebounce etc. Nothing. I've been firing yesterday at Worchester with my Salem for 30 secs - he crushed in the island 10 km away from me, he was standing still and not a single shell harmed him. And that was not the only case just in last week.

Next: Yamato issue. I've been doing fine with her but lately I can't do any significant damage at all. Either are overpens on bounces, in most cases both in same salvo. It's frustrating when you hit with 4 shells and score 1k. With her guns! I'm struggling to get to 60-70k damage. And not just that, guns accuracy sucks. Two day ago I've been firing at totaly broadsided Yamato at 8 km and all of my shells hit the water way before they should- somewhere in the middle between me and him. Not happening just to Yamato but Kremlin and Montana too. 

Yep, we all have that. Seems to be getting worse tho. Often i can even here more hits than i actually get, which is quite interesting.

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
409 posts
12,308 battles
1 hour ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Oh. Wow. Sorry about the misinformation then ^^;.

image.png.0a43c49388152830afe88e556be81727.png

[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,951 battles

Someone is complaining about Smolensk not starting enough fires? 

Ignoring fire resistance of TX ships and RNG...not to Mention...a Smolensk??

tenor.gif.337fee69de15caa0925cff688a9fe5af.gif

• Funny 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,915 posts
10,577 battles

there are 4 sections on BBs which can caught fire..
mostly 3 because a lot of BB captains takes fire prevention,

which merges 2 central section into 1, and decreases your fire chances further down.

If you put a fire on central section for example, until that fire goes down, no shell hits that section will cause additional fire,

If the BB is on the process of damage con, your shells don't cause fires,

so, If you expect more than 13 fires ater 600 shell hits.. that is just... wrong.. very very wrong.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,787 posts
16,928 battles

How about 28 seconds of immunity timer once in a while in addition to already being on fire?

Players
136 posts

Ghost shells (shells which appear to be well aimed on the the enemy ship, but register no hit and make no damage) are due to hitting a nearby island. The shells hit the island and are destroyed, but their visual effect, apparently, is not destroyed. You would notice that if you weren't tunnel-visioning the enemy ship and were zooming out immediately after firing.

Players
1,116 posts
21,675 battles

Fire chance in port is "base" chance, which is reduced by a percent based on target ship tier. I recall something around 50% reduction for t10 ships, and less reduction for lower tier ships on stock hulls. Shell shatter has 50% fire chance reduction, so expect less fires on BBs except the superstructure. And, if something is already on fire, you have 0% chance to set it on fire, so you can get 100 shell hits with 0 fires.

Your 2-3% fire chance results sound about right.

[NWNC]
Players
78 posts
17,739 battles

The Smolensk is such a Toxic crap to this game as it is. Should be removed and never introduced in the first place. We have CV, CA, DD and BB and then we have BS ships.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,851 posts
8,985 battles
1 hour ago, viceadmiral123 said:

Shell shatter has 50% fire chance reduction,

How does that myth keep sticking around? Shatters/pens have no influence on firechance.

• Cool 2

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,262 battles

I got 13 fires at the most in the Smolensk but then I have had full games in it and only got a handful 

Damage (for me) can range from crap at like 40-50 k to 150 k (total derps not included)

Seems that a cooperative BB (or CA) either sailing in a straight line or statically bow tanking will help a lot

Nuthing wrong with it imo

Players
3,320 posts

This damn ship is making the game dull, with no prospect of really getting her before hair removal,and noticket together on the cheap resource wise,sort of giving up hope, at the very least if she is being removed then bring back the Kutzenov.

Really comes to something when you go back to XBOX games over this one,maybe it is burnout

[-ENF-]
Players
471 posts
7,538 battles

Hello Shizume :)

It's good to see you on the official forums too beside our clan website

I would like to tell you 2 things, my friend, but not because I am the founder of ENF but because we are good friends for a very long time ;)

1- Send your feedback to the support of world of warships instead of here so you can evade some kind of people who won't look into your complaint more than being sarcastic or rude or uncivilized in discussing those matters with you :) - It's much better to evade those negative minds and that is not only in world of warships but in all online games and interactions.

2- Don't get pushed back away from the game because of some issues my friend, and I am sure you will find better options and other ships to use until maybe one day those issues that you complain about would be fixed. You are one of the most amazing members of ENF clan and you did great being the co-leader of this group. We want you to clear your mind and get back fresh my friend so we can have more fun as we always had since the beginning of this game :)

As a side note, I can't agree more with this answer which was put in respect and without sarcasm or acting rudely.

On 2/25/2020 at 1:10 PM, Excavatus said:

there are 4 sections on BBs which can caught fire..
mostly 3 because a lot of BB captains takes fire prevention,

which merges 2 central section into 1, and decreases your fire chances further down.

If you put a fire on central section for example, until that fire goes down, no shell hits that section will cause additional fire,

If the BB is on the process of damage con, your shells don't cause fires,

so, If you expect more than 13 fires ater 600 shell hits.. that is just... wrong.. very very wrong.

Best regards,

Your friend NightHawk

[GURKA]
Players
5,285 posts
10,669 battles
On 2/25/2020 at 10:19 AM, DFens_666 said:

Ontop of what has been already said: If you hit a section thats already on fire, you could hit a million shells, you wont start any more fires. Thats often the cause for a much lower fire chance than you would expect.

Also when DCP is active

• Cool 1

Players
629 posts
4,949 battles

lolwut.  Quite possibly my fav ship. Love fapping all over enemies, chasing off cv planes and the occasional torp strike. Why are you complaining about 13 fires in TX? 

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
456 posts
7,372 battles

Smolensk; As been said T10 ships have 50% fire reduction, Fire Prevention skill gives 10% fire reduction (and max 3 fires) and Damage Control System Modification 1 another 5%.

Also when a fire is burning already, you cant set another on that part. So if you hit all shells on the superstructure, and but it's already burning, you cant set it on fire again, not even with 200 shells. Also if a ship is using his Damage Control Party, he cant be set on fire again for 5-28 seconds (depending on ship/configuration).

Overpens; I also have a feeling overpens happen a lot more then they used to.

Yamato; That's just you/your skill i guess. I've only played 3 Yamato games last 3 weeks with an avg of 142k damage, so i don't see anything strange there.

Matchmaking; That's partly you i guess. Last week i've played 47 battles (not that much) with a 74.5% winrate. Div up with better players helps boosting your winrate, since you have more impact on a game with 3 people. However, that also works the other way around; Div up with bad/worse players and your winrate will most likely drop. And well... Some players are  indeed more useful to the team when AFK.