Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Boswelli

Invertable mouse control - when?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
81 posts
929 battles

It shouldn't be that big thing to implement the option to invert at least the y-axis of mouse control like all other wargaming products have, but unfortunately it isn't included in WoWs until now!

So my little question: WHEN will we see this in the game finally?

For me it is a VERY important and necessary feature to be able to play the game! I play since over 20 years ALWAYS with inverted vertical controls, every game!, and i can't play WoWs without it actually. If someone may think this shouldn't be a major issue, just try by youself playing e.g. WoT with the opposite control setting you are using in WoWs. It's too difficult to play both systems at the same time (i'll need at least 2 or 3 days to adapt), so it is a REALLY HUGE issue for me not to have the invert-setting here! 

Oh, and btw, the so called workaround, editing the "enginge_config.xml" and setting "invertVerticalMovement" to true, isn't working because the game doesn't use one of these entries!

Edited by Boswelli

Beta Tester
72 posts
129 battles
[K_O_S]
Beta Tester
22 posts
2,349 battles
Beta Tester
81 posts
929 battles

I gave up hope to play in beta ...

If it's not implemented in live ... i'll sure as hell try to get my money back!

yeah, i would do it too if this (really common) feature is missing in the final (can't play without).

Meanwhile i will try to program a script or sth. to invert the controls direct in windows but i don't know how difficult this will be. It's possible that WG bypasses the windows driver (my first attempt failed, y-axis inverted in windows and harbor menu ingame worked but in battles inversion was gone again), but it makes use of DirectX so perhaps there's a way to overwrite the mouse-movement somewhere between hardware > driver > directx > WoWs.exe.

[K_O_S]
Beta Tester
22 posts
2,349 battles

yeah, i would do it too if this (really common) feature is missing in the final (can't play without).

Meanwhile i will try to program a script or sth. to invert the controls direct in windows but i don't know how difficult this will be. It's possible that WG bypasses the windows driver (my first attempt failed, y-axis inverted in windows and harbor menu ingame worked but in battles inversion was gone again), but it makes use of DirectX so perhaps there's a way to overwrite the mouse-movement somewhere between hardware > driver > directx > WoWs.exe.

I found a programm that inverts mouse .... did not in WoWS ... no idea why :(

Is there a mouse driver (razer or logitech) that may be able to invert?

Beta Tester
14 posts
1,553 battles

i'v been trying to get the mouse inversion working to but so far no luck.

The mouse was inverted in the map by using a mouse inversion program but not it the gun aiming.

Strange thins is that the option is present in all the other wargaming titles and somehow not working in this one....

[VODKA]
Beta Tester
5 posts
705 battles

As in WoT, there should be an option to invert mouse loox y axis. I am not able to test because i and many other players are adapted to inverted axis for years. It is just not possible to retrain your brain for this, especially if you play other titles with this option on. It would be like asking a left handed using the mouse with the right hand. 

As suggested by other players, changing the values in the engine_config.xml doesnt resolve the issue. 

Due to this issue, testing is not possible for me atm. If this cant be resolved, i would reclaim my purchase because access to closed beta without proper mouse control is worthless since i cannot test that game.

My ticket was responded with that typical auto mail. 

• Cool 1