You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DeadbyDefault_35

CVs need balancing here is my suggestion!

183 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
24 posts
8,900 battles

CVs right now are in an overpowered state in my opinion and everyone else's. The fact that they cant get deplaned anymore rubs me the wrong way in particular. If im in a game against a Shokaku and at the end of the game that CV has lost 107 aircraft but was still coming with near full strenghth squadrons then something is amiss.

Now bad CV players will still run out of planes and squadrons will lose strength that doesnt take away that they can still spot even when not attacking which is just wrong. Not metion good CV players who will manage their squadron in such way that they will always have full strength squadrons even if they mess up at some point and lose all their planes in one run but hey it doesnt matter because i have another squadron with different ordinance ready to go.

Now i understand that if you play CVs and like playing them its important to stay relevant for an entire 20 minute game but mistakes or just bad play in a CV is just not being punished. Atleast not in a way that forces a CV player to think about their next move. There need to be consequences  for bad or wrong decisions, right now for CVs there are none.

My suggestion is this:

1. Either give CVs a fixed number of planes again so managing them will become a factor again and planes cant roam around the map with impunity.

or 

2. Make the plane replenishing time much longer which will have the same effect only a bit less dramatic and carriers will never get deplaned but they will not have full strenght squadron for an entire 20 minute game.

I hope that these suggestions will be taken seriously. Im not some outraged player who says get rid of CVs i put alot of thought into this suggestion and i wouldnt post it if I felt it didnt have merit.

I also would like to see what other people think and please be civil to eachother. If the playerbase and WG put their heads together and work this through and test it out im sure this type of balancing could work. 

• Cool 9
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,489 posts
18,961 battles

Has already been suggested and both have been shot down by WG, saying it makes fap barges uncomfy to Play for CV Players. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

Beta Tester
24 posts
8,900 battles

Recently WG started listening to their playerbase in world of tanks maybe they turned a new leaf. Anyway it keeps the topic alive.

• Funny 6

Players
1,721 posts
18,638 battles

Personally I think it would be a good idea, as mistakes should be punished and might help bring some sort of semblance of balance to the class.

However sadly WG have a very low opinion of CV players abilities (an unfair generalisation on their part) and don't want to incentivise CV players to get better or add complexity to the class.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OGHF]
Players
1,140 posts
20,374 battles

While I agree when you have a CV that is say a T6 in a MM. Of T5 to T7, but  once you put a T6 CV into a MM of T8 ships, it’s planes are pretty much torn out of the sky and you have to play a much more passive spotting game while waiting to hit ships that have had a lot of there AA ability removed.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,523 battles
19 minutes ago, DeadbyDefault_35 said:

CVs right now are in an overpowered state in my opinion and everyone else's. The fact that they cant get deplaned anymore rubs me the wrong way in particular. If im in a game against a Shokaku and at the end of the game that CV has lost 107 aircraft but was still coming with near full strenghth squadrons then something is amiss.

Now bad CV players will still run out of planes and squadrons will lose strength that doesnt take away that they can still spot even when not attacking which is just wrong. Not metion good CV players who will manage their squadron in such way that they will always have full strength squadrons even if they mess up at some point and lose all their planes in one run but hey it doesnt matter because i have another squadron with different ordinance ready to go.

Now i understand that if you play CVs and like playing them its important to stay relevant for an entire 20 minute game but mistakes or just bad play in a CV is just not being punished. Atleast not in a way that forces a CV player to think about their next move. There need to be consequences  for bad or wrong decisions, right now for CVs there are none.

My suggestion is this:

1. Either give CVs a fixed number of planes again so managing them will become a factor again and planes cant roam around the map with impunity.

or 

2. Make the plane replenishing time much longer which will have the same effect only a bit less dramatic and carriers will never get deplaned but they will not have full strenght squadron for an entire 20 minute game.

I hope that these suggestions will be taken seriously. Im not some outraged player who says get rid of CVs i put alot of thought into this suggestion and i wouldnt post it if I felt it didnt have merit.

I also would like to see what other people think and please be civil to eachother. If the playerbase and WG put their heads together and work this through and test it out im sure this type of balancing could work. 

First of all, Shokaku doesn't have that many strike aircraft. Within 107 shot down planes, there must be a lot of fighters which are butterfly scouts that live 1 min long at best.

nMMoKO1.thumb.png.d80ea8e474b63934bec6c7467bb57979.png

As seen above, Shokaku has a theoretical maxiumum of 96, including skills, modules, full regen capacity etc.

In most CVs, managing reserves is an actual factor, most stressing one if you are bottom tier. Yes some CVs have kinda overcrowded hangars. Kaga justifies that by having low tier weak planes, and Enterprise, well... by being Enterprise  :)

If WG reduces aircraft reserves, CV class will again be restricted for unicums only, which WG doesn't want to. Unicums will be able to manage their reserves as needed, mediocres will struggle hard when bottom tier, and potatoes will be crapped up always after the first 5-10 mins.

There is a pretty good read about this here: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/183450-what-unlimited-aircraft-actually-means/

• Cool 7

Players
13 posts
2,805 battles
37 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Has already been suggested and both have been shot down by WG, saying it makes fap barges uncomfy to Play for CV Players

Nah, first, WG is going to remove the lingshots posibilities in next update. Basicaly a gap, where you can overcome any AA (what?? yes, check youtube for some examples ...)

I assume next thing to nerf is the spotting mechanism or rocket planes which are OP.

As DeadbyDefault_35 siad, good to have this topic open! It is actually disturbing the whole player base and spreading toxicity in the game ..

• Cool 1

Players
30 posts
3,225 battles
39 minutes ago, DeadbyDefault_35 said:

Recently WG started listening to their playerbase in world of tanks maybe they turned a new leaf. Anyway it keeps the topic alive.

No they didn't...

[CAIN]
Players
4,489 posts
18,961 battles
15 minutes ago, Nazgarth said:

No they didn't...

Actually, WoT did. 

Belive me, i was as shocked as any other guy. 

But the Test of the Shell mechanic changes didn't receive much love from the playerbase and WG actually acted on that Feedback. 

Granted, that doesn't mean that the next planned changes will be any better and WG might push them whether they are accepted by the Player base or not, but that remains to be seen. 

At least they listened. 

Now, with the IFHE rework, we have a similar Change coming in WoWS, a Change that will have a significant Impact on the game.  

It'll turn Things to the worse, yet nobody complains. 

After nearly 5 years of playing WoWS, i can't really say that any stupid crap WG pulls, surprises me anymore...or disappoints me. 

In fact, i expect to be disappointed. 

What is really surprising and disappointing me, is the lack of reaction from the Player base. 

• Cool 1

Players
30 posts
3,225 battles
7 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Actually, WoT did. 

But the Test of the Shell mechanic changes didn't receive much love from the playerbase and WG actually acted on that Feedback. 

Granted, that doesn't mean that the next planned changes will be any better and WG might push them whether they are accepted by the Player base or not, but that remains to be seen. 

At least they listened. 

Now, with the IFHE rework, we have a similar Change coming in WoWS, a Change that will have a significant Impact on the game.  

After nearly 5 years of playing WoWS, i can't really say that any stupid crap WG pulls, surprises me anymore...or disappoints me. 

What is really surprising and disappointing me, is the lack of reaction from the Player base. 

WoT Changes which nobody asked for were tested, then WG decided that they weren't successful. Believing WG listened to anybody but themselves is naivety at best.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,686 battles
1 hour ago, DeadbyDefault_35 said:

Maybe they drank too much vodka in WoT team :cap_haloween:

WoWs team has no connection to WoT one. 

[CAIN]
Players
4,489 posts
18,961 battles
11 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Maybe they drank too much vodka in WoT team :cap_haloween:

WoWs team has no connection to WoT one. 

Actually, it seems they stopped drinking Vodka from the 3 Gallon jerrican and sobered up a bit. 

• Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles
1 hour ago, Cyclops_ said:

While I agree when you have a CV that is say a T6 in a MM. Of T5 to T7, but  once you put a T6 CV into a MM of T8 ships, it’s planes are pretty much torn out of the sky and you have to play a much more passive spotting game while waiting to hit ships that have had a lot of there AA ability removed.

How does that differ from a T6 BB or cruiser in the same situation ? And the surface ship has a much harder time there still ...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles
33 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Actually, WoT did. 

At least they listened. 

You mean the acted as in they respected the feedback or they acted in they pulled an NTC->RB move ?

[OGHF]
Players
1,140 posts
20,374 battles
20 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

How does that differ from a T6 BB or cruiser in the same situation ? And the surface ship has a much harder time there still ...

A ships AA is automatic and with one push of a key gets stronger, where as a ships guns are down to you aiming and firing. 

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
56 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Looking at average server stats: premium Ark Royal is 8th, and silver Ryjuo is 26th on the list.  A few people can play it well, but others like ex. thread starter - don't, while still evaluate them as too good.

When I look my stats of DMG, my first VI tier CV is 18th. WR ? When playing solo, it's often a roulette.

image.thumb.png.addb003ae58679b0a978ff43381cd11e.png

image.thumb.png.d41d2c9e013113912910f8a656493ca0.png

And best VIII tier is 9th

image.thumb.png.adaeede9949c09327a6d4834f7c52991.png

image.thumb.png.bc9cf11251921b94f4b86e8a51d0f220.png

CV - OP ? The similar results I have in many cruisers. Mayby when playing by best, but this is not such simple as it seems.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[BOYS]
Players
130 posts
9,960 battles

I think it is important to have CVs to spot and engage DDs in late game, when radar cruisers or enemy DDs are dead. Without CVs, DDs get free reign over enemy team, because they can attack others from invisibility with so called "wall of skill". DDs were overpowered before CV rework, because hardly no-one played the CV.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles
3 hours ago, Breezewind said:

I think it is important to have CVs to spot and engage DDs in late game, when radar cruisers or enemy DDs are dead. Without CVs, DDs get free reign over enemy team, because they can attack others from invisibility with so called "wall of skill". DDs were overpowered before CV rework.

mhmm ... sure ... wall of skill ... there were 3 DDs capable of doing that (pre rework), 2 of which had to sacrifice smoke for the TRB ... or do you define the wall of skill as ANY torpedo spread ?

EDIT: sorry. 4, I forgot the Shiratsuyu

• Cool 1

[BOYS]
Players
130 posts
9,960 battles
1 minute ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

mhmm ... sure ... wall of skill ... there were 3 DDs capable of doing that (pre rework), 2 of which had to sacrifice smoke for the TRB ... or do you define the wall of skill as ANY torpedo spread ?

"Wall of skill" is typically what BB and cruiser player call torps sent by the "invisible bugger" that can't be detected. More the torps, more the skill. But the term was not my main point, having CVs balances DDs somewhat.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,489 posts
18,961 battles
8 minutes ago, Breezewind said:

I think it is important to have CVs to spot and engage DDs in late game, when radar cruisers or enemy DDs are dead. Without CVs, DDs get free reign over enemy team, because they can attack others from invisibility with so called "wall of skill". DDs were overpowered before CV rework.

giphy-downsized-large.gif.0b69372b441b6dd19f2b178b76c223d5.gif

Love that joke. Good one mate! 

3 minutes ago, Breezewind said:

"Wall of skill" is typically what BB and cruiser player call torps sent by the "invisible bugger" that can't be detected. More the torps, more the skill. But the term was not my main point, having CVs balances DDs somewhat.

You're serious...

tenor1.gif.9ba34160149e00fa9a7217ae7576262d.gif

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Players
366 posts
2,115 battles
1 hour ago, lovelacebeer said:

However sadly WG have a very low opinion of CV players abilities (an unfair generalisation on their part) and don't want to incentivise CV players to get better or add complexity to the class.

TBH I've seen a scary number of amazingly bad CV players over the last few days that makes me wonder whether WG is right on this front. Eg. A Ryujo player who spent an entire squadron of AP DIVE BOMBERS  attempting to drop on.... a Destroyer... from the side.... while under the protection of three Cruisers and a BB... and then wondered in chat why:

A) He was not causing damage

B) His AP bombs were missing

C) AA was so 'stronk' and it's not fair that he was losing so many planes.

And I have seen stuff like this multiple times, where the CV comes bottom or lower half of the scoreboard in OPs where they really should be top of it or at least in the top three.

Hell I've seen multiple CV's get de-planed by the end of wave three in Narai, and I mean fully de-planed here not 'has to switch to different plane type' (I was dead at the time and so spectating the CV - I'm still trying to learn how to Molotov/Graf Spree in OPs and still outscored the CV's who usually lasted to the end of the match) but 'launching two whole rocket planes or a single Torpedo plane because they have noting left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to OP - it's a nice idea but wouldn't work to well in reality as it would open a chasm between 'good' CV players and 'bad' CV players that would induce extremem levels of RAGE when you end up with a CV who gets de-planed in 6 minutes and stops contributing to the fight while the enemy CV is still beating you black and blue.

IMO a better solution to this would be:

-To remove spotting for allies from CV squadrons (turning it into a 1v1 at long range with no other ships around) as this benefits both the CV and surface ship. The surface ship isn't getting focused because a plane flew overhead and can still play stealthily as only the CV knows his exact position and for the CV it means you get to actually hit a target with multiple passes before every BB gun on your side attempts to remove it from existence and thus denying you a chance to stack up DoT or chip away at it.

- Add a delay between squadron launches akin to other ships reloads and treat the planes like other ships treat ammo types in that it takes time to swap between them. This could be balanced out by increasing the damage CV planes do per attack so that you hit less often but hit harder. (you could even have the expert loader commander skill apply to CV's with this)

- Increase the amount of time it takes for Attack aircraft (Rocket planes) to aim or change their ordinance from rockets to bombs with a slower fall speed, meaning you need to lead the target more (Aka have some skill involved)

• Cool 2

Players
10,037 posts
11,833 battles
2 hours ago, Kenjiro_ said:

low tier weak planes

Until you realize Kaga planes are pretty much identical to Shokaku ones:cap_tea:

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
9,716 posts
6,864 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Until you realize Kaga planes are pretty much identical to Shokaku ones:cap_tea:

much less punchy

[DREAD]
Players
9,716 posts
6,864 battles
2 hours ago, DeadbyDefault_35 said:

CVs right now are in an overpowered state in my opinion and everyone else's. 

nope they are not. Simple as that

Players
10,037 posts
11,833 battles
Just now, 1MajorKoenig said:

much less punchy

Plane =/= ordnance. And then Kaga HE bombers, while lacking "impact" of AP bombs against correct targets, are useful against pretty much anything.

Kaga TB are nothing to sneeze at when it comes to molesting battleboats as well