Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SamPulley

Current CBs meta

50 comments in this topic

[BATES]
Players
30 posts
14,205 battles

Hello fellow captains

I'm the commander of a fairly recent Clan who made it to Storm last 2 seasons and looking to improve. I know previous season the top dogs in Typhoon/Hurricane were all heavy on Klebers, but since I haven't found any info on current season, I was wondering if that's still the case.

Not sure if small Kleber nerf and 7 players line up have perhaps shaken things up and changed the current meta?

Any info on current meta for the top Clans will be appreciated!

[LEEUW]
Players
2,354 posts
10,110 battles

Why dont you just watch some streams from topplayers and see for yourself?

For example:

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
30 posts
14,205 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Why dont you just watch some streams from topplayers and see for yourself?

Thank you, this gives me the answer, not the reasoning though. I'd like to hear why.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,354 posts
10,110 battles
10 minutes ago, SamPulley said:

Thank you, this gives me the answer, not the reasoning though. I'd like to hear why.

I can't tell you that because they probably have an idea behind the setup they're using. Everything I say is interpretation at best. 

But what I can tell from what I see is that certain lineups work very well in cyclones. Since they are rather frequent this season that is an important factor. That is also why the kleber setup works less good than in the previous season (besides the nerf it received). 

There are certain ships that are simply not competetive because they do not fit in the domination mode/7v7/cyclone battles very well. 

For example a worcester or colbert, or a conqueror, or a z52. Those are ships you will not see very often in hurricane league matches because those ships are easy to counter/farm/outspot. A zao is another example you will not see often because it is rather useless in a cyclone since it needs distance in order to do its job. 

Lineups you see often are composed out of a Kremlin (for obvious reasons), moskva/Stalin, DM/Salem, Venezia, DD. 

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles

Depends. On Saturday my clan faced [OP] with 5 Kleber, Shima, Stalingrad and Kremlin. We had a pretty standard squad with one DD (Somers). We did act fast to gain position ASAP and secure the flanks. Somehow managed to counter them and we won. 

Because of the cyclone this tactic can be dangerous too. 12km is enough range for Venezia or Zao to hit you hard on Kleber. 

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
30 posts
14,205 battles
5 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Depends. On Saturday my clan faced [OP] with 5 Kleber, Shima, Stalingrad and Kremlin. We had a pretty standard squad with one DD (Somers). We did act fast to gain position ASAP and secure the flanks. Somehow managed to counter them and we won. 

Because of the cyclone this tactic can be dangerous too. 12km is enough range for Venezia or Zao to hit you hard on Kleber. 

We also played against OP with 4 Klebers yesterday....and lost (your line up of OP has 8 ships, so probably you faced 4 Klebers too?). We didn't have a Venezia though and that makes a lot of difference I believe. We also went too far to pursue them with 2 flanking cruisers, getting ourselves out of position to be of any help with our cap.

[PIKES]
Players
404 posts
9 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Lineup you see often are composed out of a Kremlin (for obvious reasons), moskva/Stalin, DM/Salem, Venezia, DD. 

And what DD?:fish_book:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,130 posts
8,742 battles
4 minutes ago, neorvo said:

And what DD?:fish_book:

Daring, Shima, Gearing. Gearing for smoke, Shima for torping and Daring for screening.

• Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
404 posts
2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Daring, Shima, Gearing. Gearing for smoke, Shima for torping and Daring for screening.

Thanks.:cap_like:

[PIKES]
Players
404 posts
2 minutes ago, malimoo said:

Shima/somer/kleber

Thanks. Uhmmm Nobody says Grozovoi.
:Smile_sceptic:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,130 posts
8,742 battles
11 minutes ago, neorvo said:

Thanks. Uhmmm Nobody says Grozovoi.
:Smile_sceptic:

Because the others mentioned fills a more useful role. If you want torps Shima or Somers, smoke you got Gearing, pure gunpower Kleber and if you still want a hybrid Daring has better DPM and Hydro.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,882 posts
9,003 battles
16 minutes ago, malimoo said:

And ofc you can use a radar mino as a dd

I love playing Radar Mino :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,354 posts
10,110 battles
15 hours ago, SamPulley said:

Clan who made it to Storm last 2 seasons and looking to improve

Ofcourse talking about lineups is useful. Yet it's only part of becoming better as a team. 

The biggest improvement you can make as a squad is your mindset, communication and attitude. Playing as a cohesive and disciplined unit. Being critical to yourself and your team yet in a constructive and positive way (even when you win!!!!). Not losing your temper nor getting discouraged by a few mistakes and/or losses. 

Besides this, you're always dependant on which players are comfortable in which ships and do they have the ships you want them to play. You can think of a lineup full of klebers but if Noone in your clan has one then it's not going to work. 

From what I've seen clans accomplish it is also far easier to climb the ranks with a dedicated small group of players then with 30 or even 40 players rotating in multiple teams. You don't need 7 unicums to achieve typhoon/hurricane. A small group of decent players with a good commander will do the trick. But neither is a group of unicums a guarantee that you will achieve the best results. 

This:

"A flock of sheep led by a wolf will always defeat a pack of wolves led by a sheep." 

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 13

[BATES]
Players
30 posts
14,205 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Ofcourse talking about lineups is useful. Yet it's only part of becoming better as a team. 

The biggest improvement you can make as a squad is your mindset, ......

:cap_haloween:

Agree with all you said, I think we are going in that direction, my only worry with a few dedicated players is the others will feel excluded, We started to be successful when the same 9/10 players played together all the time, but since we are all focused on CBs, I don't wanna take the fun out for the rest of the Clan

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,592 posts
24,860 battles

Garrus is right, my clan is about to go in the struggle for the Thyphoon and most of us are decidedly average players but 12 or so of us are usually playing the CB in alpha team and we kinda learned to work together reasonably effectively.

As for excluding - alpha team is meant to be restricted, for breaking new players in you have the bravo

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,354 posts
10,110 battles
15 minutes ago, SamPulley said:

Agree with all you said, I think we are going in that direction, my only worry with a few dedicated players is the others will feel excluded, We started to be successful when the same 9/10 players played together all the time, but since we are all focused on CBs, I don't wanna take the fun out for the rest of the Clan

They won't if you communicate it in the right way to all your clan members. Preferably you discuss and agree on this before the season starts but sometimes that is not possible. But still, you as a commander have the power to decide what the clan is going to do in a clanbattles season. 

"Hey guys, 

The final stages of the current clanseason are upon us and we, as a clan, want to achieve the highest possible rating. To do this we want to play with a dedicated team for certain time frames in order to maximize the team synergy. That doesn't mean that if you aren't in the dedicated team that you don't play. The first two hours of every session are reserved for the dedicated team who will play alpha rating. Afterwards we will rotate those who aren't in the dedicated team and play bravo rating in order to accommodate everyone. 

Blablabla bye. "

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,934 posts
10,631 battles
16 hours ago, SamPulley said:

Hello fellow captains

I'm the commander of a fairly recent Clan who made it to Storm last 2 seasons and looking to improve. I know previous season the top dogs in Typhoon/Hurricane were all heavy on Klebers, but since I haven't found any info on current season, I was wondering if that's still the case.

Not sure if small Kleber nerf and 7 players line up have perhaps shaken things up and changed the current meta?

Any info on current meta for the top Clans will be appreciated!

In reality,

Even though CB is about how you can play as a team,

team strength comes from individual skill levels and performance.

basically it is same as any team game and/or sport.

Hide your weak sides, push on your strong sides.

So the line-up for the team actually depends on your players.

Favorite ships I've seen mostly this season are,

Kremlin,

Stalingrad,

Hindenburg,

Desmo

and some smolensks,

[BATES]
Players
30 posts
14,205 battles
23 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Favorite ships I've seen mostly this season are,

Kremlin,

Stalingrad,

Hindenburg,

Desmo

and some smolensks,

We did use Hinde quite often, but surprised to see it in Typhoon. Is IFHE Hinde to counter Krem plating a thing?

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,877 posts
11,968 battles

We used Kleber a lot, but it works only against lower rated teams because of the surprise factor. Against good teams it has 0 torp and gun power and the only thing it can do is early spotting so we switched to shima.

[NWP]
Players
1,345 posts
10,472 battles
1 hour ago, malimoo said:

And ofc you can use a radar mino as a dd

If you know how to play it. She is a tough toy.

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I love playing Radar Mino

Uhmmm...you know how to make it work.

1 hour ago, SamPulley said:

I think I'll try a line up with no dd and a radar Mino

Read above !!

The biggest improvement you can make as a squad is your mindset, communication and attitude. Playing as a cohesive and disciplined unit. Being critical to yourself and your team yet in a constructive and positive way (even when you win!!!!). Not losing your temper nor getting discouraged by a few mistakes and/or losses. 

This 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,877 posts
11,968 battles

I dont fully agree, dlck jokes and honking and ramming each other works pretty well in our case.

I mean you can play for fun and be effective at the same time.

[HOO]
Players
1,907 posts
3,753 battles
1 hour ago, SamPulley said:

Then run the dedicated players in Alpha and everyone else in Bravo. It's kind of what we do. Or allow everyone to play Alpha up to a certain league standing then do the spilt. Everyone wins then and can take part.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this