Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cirrus4000

[Request] - Remove the buildings please...

4 comments in this topic

[T_I_W]
Beta Tester
147 posts
12,574 battles

There seems to have been a bit of a building spree overnight. I'm not against buildings as such, just as long as they are done right. At the moment they are not right because:-

1) They add nothing to the game play.

2) They increase the number of objects to render for no god reason.

3) They look like toy villages as they are not to scale. It ruins the immersion.

4) They spoil the look of some of the islands. I preferred the bleak, isolated look of the old version.

If buildings are to be added they need to be

1) To scale

2) Used sparingly

3) Placed in an appropriate place/setting (eg a Port)

comments?

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
46 posts
246 battles

Hear hear - Well the first point anyway.

I'd love to see more foliage and buildings on the islands where it makes sense (not just ports)

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Remember that WG in Russia has a large player base which largely plays on pc's with the follow specs;

sbcP5hj.jpg

So off course, in order for WoWs to run with sufficient performance they need to make sacrifices. 

That being said, I like villages on islands, and trees... hell even birds would be nice to see ( Seagulls.. you can hear them but their invisible right now ). I would even like to see the mailman do his round in the little village and you know what I might have a lil mean streak as I would really like to be able to bombard the village ( or a fort.. with coastal batteries firing back at me ).

The reason for that is that my potato would probably still run such a game. Yet I don't think we will get it.

Would still be nice if they fixed the scale dimensions :great:

Beta Tester
657 posts

Remember that WG in Russia has a large player base which largely plays on pc's with the follow specs;

anthill-1.gif

Sign in to follow this