Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
solarstoned

Poaching Our Players

22 comments in this topic

[D-P-B]
Players
10 posts
8,912 battles

edited

Recently one of our officers was approached by a member of the edited clan and as you can see he tried to get him to move over to his clan. This is way out of line and I am posting this so other clans realize what they are trying to do. I don't mind clans asking our players to go to them if in the future if they want to change but to ask our players to change while already happy enough in our clan is below the belt tactics!!!

Edited by floribe2000
Naming and shaming
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,111 posts
8,605 battles

Is it "way out of line" though? It is merely a question, similar things happen often at workplaces all over the world. If you want to decline, just decline, if you want to join, then join. I don't see a problem.

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Players
183 posts

I don't get your problem - i asked if he was interested - Nothing more nothing less. How is anyone supposed to know if "in the future" they are interested (which you are ok with???) without actually asking the question. Good active teams looks for good active players. This is not new. Many people say "no thanks, i am happy" - and i thank them for the polite reply. End of story

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
6 minutes ago, Parkerzilla said:

I don't see what the problem is, its a way of direct recruiting.

Because he's asking somebody who was already in a clan, and would have been displaying his/her clan tag in-game.

Why ask somebody who is already in a clan, and not somebody who isn't in a clan? it is poaching, you shouldn't really be asking someone who is already a member of another clan. There's plenty players out there not in clans to ask.

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Players
209 posts
5,830 battles
18 minutes ago, Lord_of_the_manor said:

Because he's asking somebody who was already in a clan, and would have been displaying his/her clan tag in-game.

Why ask somebody who is already in a clan, and not somebody who isn't in a clan? it is poaching, you shouldn't really be asking someone who is already a member of another clan. There's plenty players out there not in clans to ask.

By that logic, only football players who are not yet signed for a club can only join other football clubs.

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
1 hour ago, Lord_of_the_manor said:

It’s a common practice in business, sport clubs, everywhere. What makes clans in video games so special that you consider this real life normal practice way out of line?

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Just don't answer or politely refuse.

Players are not a property of your clan. They can switch whenever and for whatever reason they want.

In the end it is some form of compliment if another clan activly asks you, in a message directed at only you, to join their ranks.

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
890 posts
29,506 battles
2 hours ago, admiralgpt said:

Good active teams looks for good active players. This is not new. Many people say "no thanks, i am happy" - and i thank them for the polite reply. End of story

That´s how i handled it too. I am not even that good of a player, but got asked to switch twice and denied both politely.

Also in both replies I added that it is a honor being invited by a "higher" clan (which it is) and i would never blame someone for reaching out.

• Cool 1

Players
10 posts
20,086 battles

Is poaching really immoral though? It's not like anyone's being forced to comply...

• Cool 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
1 hour ago, Last_Rites said:

By that logic, only football players who are not yet signed for a club can only join other football clubs.

And by your logic, it would be okay then for a new pizza shop to open up down the road from another older pizza shop. Go in and ask that all the staff leave and come work at the new pizza shop.

Nothing wrong if I did that as the boss of the new pizza shop, freedom of will and all that. Sure the older pizza shop owners wouldn't mind if I went in their shop and did that....:cap_like:

[-RM-]
Players
209 posts
5,830 battles
5 minutes ago, Lord_of_the_manor said:

And by your logic, it would be okay then for a new pizza shop to open up down the road from another older pizza shop. Go in and ask that all the staff leave and come work at the new pizza shop.

Nothing wrong if I did that as the boss of the new pizza shop, freedom of will and all that. Sure the older pizza shop owners wouldn't mind if I went in their shop and did that....:cap_like:

Then the older pizza shop owner should pay their employees better, treat them better etc. If there is no reason for someone to leave their old clan, what is there to worry about?

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts

Maybe I'll go get them sheep out the next field that another farmer owns , bring them into my field because it has longer grass and more of it for them to eat. The grass is greener on the other side.

Come on................................. :Smile_teethhappy:

[-RM-]
Players
183 posts
14 hours ago, Lord_of_the_manor said:

Maybe I'll go get them sheep out the next field that another farmer owns , bring them into my field because it has longer grass and more of it for them to eat. The grass is greener on the other side.

That would be theft. I'm really not sure what you are trying to say

[-RM-]
Players
209 posts
5,830 battles
36 minutes ago, Lord_of_the_manor said:

Are you just upset nobody wants to recruit you?

Beta Tester
412 posts
10,858 battles

its not very nice to pouch another activ clans players I will say that. 

either way isnt there alot of recuits without clans to get [-RM-]

• Cool 2

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
8 minutes ago, Last_Rites said:

No, not at all. I sometimes get sent invites in-game to join some clan and always ignore or reject them. Clan play doesn't interest me, not even been playing the game that much of late.

• Cool 1

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
4 hours ago, admiralgpt said:

I don't get your problem - i asked if he was interested - Nothing more nothing less. How is anyone supposed to know if "in the future" they are interested (which you are ok with???) without actually asking the question. Good active teams looks for good active players. This is not new. Many people say "no thanks, i am happy" - and i thank them for the polite reply. End of story

Theyre interested if they leave their current clan...

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
46 minutes ago, Last_Rites said:

Now you're just giving your clan a bad name and assuring that if certain players see someone with the -RM- clan in their team  tag that ship is not going to be helped in any way. 

• Funny 1

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
2 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Just don't answer or politely refuse.

Players are not a property of your clan. They can switch whenever and for whatever reason they want.

In the end it is some form of compliment if another clan activly asks you, in a message directed at only you, to join their ranks.

Apparently not to everyone.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,111 posts
8,605 battles
1 hour ago, Nebuched said:

Apparently not to everyone.

As it is in real life. So I don't see the point of this topic or discussion at all.

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
2,043 posts
6,511 battles

I edited the opening post. Even though it's not a severe violation it is a violation of rule 2: No naming and shaming.

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this