Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Afghanicus

PTS Rewards

3 comments in this topic

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

So... shall we discuss this?

I guess many of you don't even care about the PTS and the rewards for wasting time there but I believe there are still players who participate in the PTS.

Until the last PTS, the rewards were always the same - signal flags (including special ones) + WG containers (including a day of Premium and a couple of basic flags).

Last PTS, for obtaining rank 1 in 'Ranked' (a mission that was available on previous PTS as well) you were able to obtain 100 'British tokens'.

Nobody had an idea what the 'British tokens' are, how much are they worth, what can you do with them etc. Is it just me or that's a terrible way of giving such a reward?

Don't get me wrong, giving tokens is probably better than obtaining flags or a day of Premium accounts but not knowing what are you getting is not the way to do it.

I raised this question on the PTS topic but WG turned the blind eye, as usual.

This was the post (and the following one, making it even more clear)

@YabbaCoe was quoted but completely ignored the questions. 

@Crysantos replied to someone else (after my posts) but completely ignored the questions as well.

Then @YabbaCoe closed the thread because the PTS was over, ignoring the posts once again.

So if WG is giving me 100 potatoes... what motivation do I have of obtaining them if I have no idea what the potatoes are for, how many potatoes will I be able to get on the live server (besides the 100 obtained for participating on the PTS), what rewards will be available and for how many potatoes etc. Since nobody has a clue, giving 1 potato or 1,000 potatoes makes no difference in terms of attracting players to participate on the PTS and motivating them to complete those tasks for rewards.

Now we have the 0.9.2 PTS and the main reward are the 2 'European containers' giving 'European tokens' or whatever.

Alright, now on the PTS you can see some of the rewards you can obtain for those tokens but not everything is shown, is it? You cannot see any ships being available as rewards or any special captains either... So once again, you have no clue how what those 'European containers' or 'European tokens' are good for.

Wouldn't it make more sense to tell in advance what kind of available rewards are we getting in the the next update and how many tokens will those rewards cost?

It's not like we're talking about an update due next year... it's the next update, coming soon and knowing the rewards and how much are they worth would directly affect the PTS participation.

What do you think?

And what's WG's reasoning behind making everything as mysterious as possible and then apologizing for the lies and manipulation during event explanations.

@MrConway @Tanatoy @Sehales

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,990 posts
1 minute ago, Palubarac said:

Last PTS, for obtaining rank 1 in 'Ranked' (a mission that was available on previous PTS as well) you were able to obtain 100 'British tokens'.

no, the mission for Rank 1 on the 0.9.1. PTS  was for 5x 5 Special Signals

There was another mission, the Personal combat mission No.2, that gave 100 Royal Tokens, not British Tokens. British tokens were valid on 0.9.0, and there was no mission for British tokens on the 0.9.0. PTS

8 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Nobody had an idea what the 'British tokens' are, how much are they worth, what can you do with them etc

We knew that we could use the Royal tokens for the new British captain, imho that's enough...

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

no, the mission for Rank 1 on the 0.9.1. PTS  was for 5x 5 Special Signals

There was another mission, the Personal combat mission No.2, that gave 100 Royal Tokens, not British Tokens. British tokens were valid on 0.9.0, and there was no mission for British tokens on the 0.9.0. PTS

We knew that we could use the Royal tokens for the new British captain, imho that's enough...

Thanks for clearing that up, I won't edit it as then your corrections would be pointless but none of those corrections change anything written in the first post.

It was enough for you? Really? So the % was completely irrelevant to you? You know that you could obtain 100 'Royal tokens' but not knowing the price for the British captain was totally fine with you? Being 500 tokens or 2000 tokens didn't make any difference, did it? M'kay.

Sign in to follow this