Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dunbine

Battlecruiser Unebi in wows?

29 comments in this topic

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles

I saw this ship Yesterday, and thought: why not?

WG likes paper ships, cause real ships are limited and they always look for new designs

WG and me, both likes manga

So, why don't put this ship in the game as well?

Is a fictional ship from the manga: "Kurogane Pukapuka Tai"

Is quite a comedy with a lot of nonsense, but high school fleet is quite crazy as well

The ship a nice mix of other ships like the Graf Spee, with a slimmer hull, two dual 300 mm turrets and from it's design, i can tell that the author likes ships in the same way of most of us.

The Unebi for now appears only in a manga, so maybe licensing it on the game won't cost too much (guess that also the author would love someone that promote his work)

Just an idea

5.jpg

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,607 posts
2 minutes ago, dunbine said:

I

WG and me, both likes manga

Not sure about you, but WG sure loves profit. :cap_money:

• Funny 7

[R3B3L]
Players
893 posts
29,551 battles
25 minutes ago, dunbine said:

Is quite a comedy with a lot of nonsense,

actually not that nonsensical.

It really reminds of Graf Spee, but carries Japanese 14cm-secondaries instead of 15cm. Dunno where the 30cm guns are from...

But in the end: a Japanese premium which can be sold for money and has pitiful AA - that´s clearly a deal for WG.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles
4 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

actually not that nonsensical.

It really reminds of Graf Spee, but carries Japanese 14cm-secondaries instead of 15cm. Dunno where the 30cm guns are from...

But in the end: a Japanese premium which can be sold for money and has pitiful AA - that´s clearly a deal for WG.

I guess that the guns are from the Mikasa, or a battleship of that generation, just mounted in a more modern tuttet

[I-J-N]
Players
4,607 posts
53 minutes ago, dunbine said:

I guess that the guns are from the Mikasa, or a battleship of that generation, just mounted in a more modern tuttet

If we are thinking of both the Mikasa and the Graf Spee here, wouldn't there be a problem tierwise?

[KAKE]
Players
2,567 posts
6,182 battles
1 hour ago, dunbine said:

They're too long for that.

The Mikasa's guns were Armstrong-Whitworth 12" 40 calibre guns.

Could be inspired by the German WW1 30.5 cm L50.

• Cool 1

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles
32 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

If we are thinking of both the Mikasa and the Graf Spee here, wouldn't there be a problem tierwise?

Why?

Ships who share the same caliber covers a lot of tiers.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,607 posts
9 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

They're too long for that.

The Mikasa's guns were Armstrong-Whitworth 12" 40 calibre guns.

Could be inspired by the German WW1 30.5 cm L50.

3 minutes ago, dunbine said:

Why?

Ships who share the same caliber covers a lot of tiers.

Hmm.. so where would this ship fit in then?

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles
6 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Hmm.. so where would this ship fit in then?

Considering its size and weapons, i guess around tier 6, like the graf spee.

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

I think they can Space Yamato too. The more fantasy junk - the better. But please add additional game mode for such ships.

q3JfOYj.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles
23 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

I think they can Space Yamato too. The more fantasy junk - the better. But please add additional game mode for such ships.

q3JfOYj.jpg

This game already have fictional ships, fictional captains, and ships taken from anime and manga.

So what's wrong with that? :/

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[SKRUB]
Players
550 posts
21,193 battles
19 minutes ago, dunbine said:

This game already have fictional ships, fictional captains, and ships taken from anime and manga.

Nothing, except the fact they are private propriety, if WG want to add them, they will need most likely do collab with their owner.

For me, i prefer more sekret document. :cap_look:

Spoiler

11.jpg

• Cool 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
26 minutes ago, dunbine said:

Wrong ? Nothing, as long as they are not mixed in game with let's say "normal" ships. Many of us just wanted to play some sort of historical game, not fantasy one. So i wroted about additional game mode for such ships. Then everything will be ok. Even Mike Mouse destroyer or Road Runner BB  with hyper drive engine, will fit there. Fantasy shells could be implemented too: ex - plasma, acid split, etc, special comsumables: invisibility, inestructability and many more.

But please don't destroy game for others.

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles
9 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Nothing, except the fact they are private propriety, if WG want to add them, they will need most likely do collab with their owner.

Yes, i know

But they already did it with High School Fleet and Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

The Unebi is part of a manga that's not very famous outside of Japan, so... Maybe will not cost much

It was just an idea

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles
6 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Wrong ? Nothing, as long as they are not mixed in game with let's say "normal" ships. Many of us just wanted to play some sort of historical game, not fantasy one. So i wroted about additional game mode for such ships. Then everything will be ok. Even Mike Mouse destroyer or Road Runner BB  with hyper drive engine, will fit there.

I do like historical games

And i do hate the russian paper fleet

So, since this game keep adding fictional ships, and the WG staff admitted that they will add more fictional in future cause the number of real ships is limited... then why don't add something that's nice?

The Unebi is as messed up and fictional as half of the russian navy, not to  mention the rumors about the russian carriers

• Bad 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
15 minutes ago, dunbine said:

The Unebi is part of a manga (...)

Imagine when I hear something like "Unebi" or other "Srebi" in this game I want to cry and get out from this. Do you know how many of us hearing something like Manga feel the same ? I know eveybody have some "interest" in something. Friend of mine had  some hobby too: he liked to show others photos of massacred peoples ex. after shell hit or burned corpses etc. We told to him don't ever show this to us. So please don't force your "interest" for us too.

First -- opt in WG for closed battle type for such "ships", then introduce in it whatever You want.

image.png.995d419125d01e6d6418fa3648390415.png

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles
4 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Imagine when I hear something like "Unebi" or other "Srebi" in this game I want to cry and get out from this. Do you know how many of us hearing something like Manga feel the same ? I know eveybody have some "interest" in something. Friend of mine had  some hobby too: he liked to show others photos of massacred peoples ex. after shell hit after fire etc. We told to him don't ever show this to us. So please. don't show your "interest" for us too.

First -- opt in WG for closed battle type, then introduce in it whatever You want.

image.png.995d419125d01e6d6418fa3648390415.png

Then i WANT a game mod, that allows me to choose, before the mm:

Carriers: Yes or no

Russians: Yes or no

Submarines: Yes or no

If a tier 6 premium, fictional cruiser ruins the game to you, then what about the tier X Smolensk, Stalingrad, Kremlin, Moskov... ?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
10 minutes ago, dunbine said:

Then i WANT a game mod, that allows me to choose, before the mm:

Carriers: Yes or no

Russians: Yes or no

Submarines: Yes or no

If a tier 6 premium, fictional cruiser ruins the game to you, then what about the tier X Smolensk, Stalingrad, Kremlin, Moskov... ?

Then i want to exclude Manga pictures  from forum too. I don't want to see such things I just hate. Everybody wants something, but in normal society people are talking to each other and make consensus. Bordel is not located close Church, shop with alcohol not located close school etc. So let's make closed forums, game modes not related to game and here pursue own interests ?

02f41e27389176dd8f265f532c11d1b7.jpg\

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,204 battles
12 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Then i want to exclude Manga pictures  from forum too. I don't want to see such things I just hate. Everybody wants something, but in normal society people are talking to each other and make an consensus. Bordel is not located close Church, shop with alcohol not located close school etc.

02f41e27389176dd8f265f532c11d1b7.jpg\

If you hate manga that much, talk to the wg and complain to them, for adding manga and fictional ships to the game years ago

If fictional ships totally ruins the game to you, then it have been ruined years ago

If the picture of ship taken from a manga in your mind sounds similar to the hobby of seeing burned corpses, then you should talk about this with someone who could help you ;)

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
7,048 posts
245 battles

I would rather see more historical ships added into the game first, as someone who does like anime (but hasnt watched anything related to it almost a year, because i can't find any shows i want to watch). Something like new jersey or washington, essex, yorktown, dido, tone, yamashima, taiho, achillies, ajax, admiral scheer, admiralty islands, hms adventure, akagi, jhon c butler, hms anson.

i know thats a lot but still, the ship you suggested is cool, but idk seems like a really werid mix of a light cruiser, battlecruiser and heavy cruiser.

Also no armour profile so we don't know if shes squishy (would be a disaster) troll armour (armour that works in some or extreme conditions and not always reliable) semi tank (some parts are heavily armoured but others are poorly armoured creating 'weakspots') or fully armoured (most if not the entire ship is covered in thick amounts of armour, but that would reduce accuracy and agility and maybe increase detection idk).

very odd ship but i guess it could work.

@Odo_Toothless also i dont think odo here hates manga (probs just dislikes the art style in general basically its just japanese cartoons) but is probably more interested in seeing actual historical ships (so that we can play them like the ones i mentioned above) even if the scenarios in-game aren't historical at least the ships (well model wise at least) with be historical themselves.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,607 posts
1 hour ago, Lebedjev said:

For me, i prefer more sekret document. :cap_look:

Reveal hidden contents

11.jpg

Oh so you heard of the Lesta cafeteria napkins too? :Smile_glasses:

[FLASH]
[FLASH]
Players
399 posts
15,017 battles

I am not quite against so called "fantasy ships" as long as they are realistic and properly balanced to the game.

There often have been plans for ships, which have been cancelled, in some cases they have been begun but broken up in an early state (mostly due to end of WW2).

Concerning Unebi: I am quite certain that japanese planners had heard of the Deutschland class ships as they were built, and for shure made at least some studies for a japanese ship with similar attributes.

And it could have looked like Unebi ...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this