Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Dry Dock: Warship Size Comparison

14 comments in this topic

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,023 posts

And why is simple and somewhat interesting info such as this not available in the port interface?

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles

And why do you feel the need to show us how crap and arbitrary your concealment choices are ? Just because you can ? And we can do sh1t about it ?

Players
1,585 posts
3,220 battles

Just noticed that GK is just 25 meters shorter than the Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carriers, that are 337 m long. Btw, there will be a new Enterprise of this class (CVN-65 was decommisioned in 2017)

USS_Gerald_R._Ford_(CVN-78)_arrives_at_N

Beta Tester
285 posts

Cool, but to me Yamato is simply better, because Yamato. And those 460mm guns. Yamato is the best looking of the bunch.

Beta Tester
153 posts
7,966 battles

Wow the biggest Battleship ever built, is the smallest Tier X Battleship in WOWS, even a cruiser is longer.

No wonder none of these designs ever made it off the drawing boards, or even further then some sketch on a dirty napkin.

These ships would have all been a colossal waste of resources, especially as the Japanese and later the US proved, you can sink even the biggest ships with planes that cost a fraction of what your BB cost you to build.

It is a bit sad to see that the fantasy ships they drew up, make the mightiest Battleship ever look like a dwarf.

• Cool 2

[LEZO]
Beta Tester
14 posts
12,345 battles
21 hours ago, Cambera_1 said:

No Puerto Rico?

No, no Puerto Rico. Maybe she is not a good ship and WG downgrade it to tier 9.5.:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
5,977 posts
11,542 battles

I kinda liked it :Smile_Default:

I also noticed it was only tier 10 and some of the newer ships were missing.

This along with the old Conq guns indicates to me that this was old footage?

On 2/24/2020 at 11:02 PM, Boomer7 said:

Wow the biggest Battleship ever built, is the smallest Tier X Battleship in WOWS, even a cruiser is longer.

What cruiser?

Beta Tester
153 posts
7,966 battles
On 2/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

I kinda liked it :Smile_Default:

I also noticed it was only tier 10 and some of the newer ships were missing.

This along with the old Conq guns indicates to me that this was old footage?

What cruiser?

The Stalingrad, look at around 2:52

[BODEM]
Players
780 posts
6,959 battles

@ World of warships dev team:

"World of Warships is the largest virtual shipyard in the world.

The quality of the work done by our artists improves each year, and the requirements for the accuracy of the models they create grow respectively. Unfortunately, the in-game camera doesn't allow you to see all the details and beauty. In the Dry Dock show, you'll be able to see the refined visuals of our in-game models."

And I keep telling you to do something meaningful with this "large virtual ship yard" and "quality and accurate ship models". But no...... 

You seem to know that you got this whole virtual shipyard and that people not only come for the gameplay, but also because they are ship fans. So why do you stubbornly refuse to do something with that? You got the power to give us the most awesome virtual ship museum with ships that one cannot visit IRL anymore. You could let us meet these ships we own in first person and let us walk across the deck or on the enbankments of the docks. Maybe even let us spectate battles on the deck of ships. It would open up a whole new reason why people might want to own ships ingame, just to be able to get a closer look at those ships or experience them from a whole nother perspective. 

Why do you tease us with these posts? Why tease us that you got the knowledge of us not only coming for the gameplay, but also because we love warships and then at most give us a simple comparisson video? Speaking for me personally, I would totally go crazy if:

-I could stand on the deck/walk around the deck of Yamato;

-check out Fletcher while looking over the railing of North Carolina;

-walk allong the quay of a moored Moskva from bow to stern;

-Taking in the details of a whole ship line to see where they came from and what changed;

-stand on the Mikasa while moored anchored next to Musashi;

-etc, etc.

I am not versed in game developing in the least, but otherwise I would seriously knock on your door to ask for a test server where I could test first person camera angles from the port docks and ship decks. See if texture details are good enough for such a close up experience, check out if collision works so I could traverse the deck as if I was walking on it. Check if spectating a battle from the deck of a ship is something spectacular. But since I lack any of the needed skills, I can only hope a developer will one time give me the opportunity to let me walk all these mostly lost ships in they full glorious states.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this