Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kfa

Why the insane resource ship price inflation?

133 comments in this topic

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,875 posts
11,950 battles

I mean i get it maybe the initial 750k free xp price for the Missouri would be a bit low now with all the directives and campaigns and i somehow understood the 1Mil price for Alaska and Friesland.

But whats the point of the birthday supercontainers and the new years steel/coal if progressively everything is just more expensive as times go by???

The new T9 coal ships cost the same as the T10s, the Smaland/Hayate will be 2Mil free xp (80.000 doubloons) a piece and i heard rumors about the Yashima being even more expensive than the already inflated Bourgogne...

Wargaming gives us free stuff (like the Puerto Rico lol) while stealing the same amount out of the back pocket.

giphy.gif

• Cool 18
  • Funny 1

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,047 battles

I thought that 2 mil freeXP thing was a joke, lol.

They can keep their ship then.

• Cool 11

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,608 posts
24,045 battles

said that since introduction of china camos: it really doesnt make sense to inflate the earning and then the prices.... keep it stable and players will have at least a feeling of consistency and planability. the way it became now the only sure thing in that regard is that u can't plan at all and nothing is sure... suX!

also it's always kind of dangerous to set up a balanced system and then try to scale it up. from a certain point on, the higher u take it, one more likely will risk the whole balance in the base of the scaling. thus, eff it up...

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,810 battles

Simple answer - because they can

• Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
2,590 posts
11,581 battles

The freeXP inflation is not too bad really.

As I understand it the Missouri took a lot longer to get as we didn’t have all these flags we have now.

The coal prices are odd though. Smolensk and Thunderer are far too close to the JB and Georgia in price. 
Could it be because the T10s are ‘special’ ships rather than premiums.

• Bad 3

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
16 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

said that since introduction of china camos: it really doesnt make sense to inflate the earning and then the prices.... keep it stable and players will have at least a feeling of consistency and planability. the way it became now the only sure thing in that regard is that u can't plan at all and nothing is sure... suX!

also it's always kind of dangerous to set up a balanced system and then try to scale it up. from a certain point on, the higher u take it, one more likely will risk the whole balance in the base of the scaling. thus, eff it up...

They can't keep scaling up without massive inflation or excluding newer players form the high ... tier ... premiums .... :cap_hmm:

Players
132 posts
6,082 battles

maybe they are meant for old players as reward, i am not playing a lot and already have 800k+, saving up for alaska.

you still can buy them with real money right?

• Angry 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,608 posts
24,045 battles
14 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

They can't keep scaling up without massive inflation or excluding newer players form the high ... tier ... premiums .... :cap_hmm:

hmm, interesting guess. on the other hand, making it possible to earn sheeloads of free xp just to increase the prices by a sheetload.... not sure how hard "bots" we all know from f.e. the directives halls of fame laugh on that guess though ^^.

but yeah, make em change dubs for free xp i suppose ^^....

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,875 posts
11,950 battles
5 minutes ago, colonel_duce said:

maybe they are meant for old players as reward, i am not playing a lot and already have 800k+, saving up for alaska.

Well yes if you call "buying it" throwing 250 euros at wargaming to convert 2Mil free xp...

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,307 battles
14 minutes ago, colonel_duce said:

Yes and no.

You can use doubloons to convert to FXP but first you have to grind out the 2M XP on premium and elite ships.

[-RDE-]
Players
303 posts
25,313 battles

and the only ppl who can get them are the rich and ccs with all the flags etc... it takes me ages to save fxp.. 5% of 1600xp is not a lot...lol.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,583 posts
13,872 battles

I haven't done the maths, but wouldn't it be cheaper (if taking the 'throw money at the problem' approach) to simply convert suitable xp to free xp, get a regular T10 DD, and put a permaflage on it?

This assumes that the 2 million free xp turns out to be accurate.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

WG has borked their own in-game economy by shoving boosters down our throats because that makes them a quick buck. And now we reap the "results" from that.

• Cool 21

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles

If these prices were to be the live server prices, that would show WG have learnt nothing from the PR debacle.

• Cool 9

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,875 posts
11,950 battles
30 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I haven't done the maths, but wouldn't it be cheaper (if taking the 'throw money at the problem' approach) to simply convert suitable xp to free xp, get a regular T10 DD, and put a permaflage on it?

This assumes that the 2 million free xp turns out to be accurate.

Yes, but people dont buy t10 special ships to farm credits/xp, you cant get a silver radar swedish dd nor a gunboat shimakaze. If you want that uniqueness, you have to pay the 2 million. 

• Cool 3

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,628 posts
12,691 battles
5 minutes ago, Zip__ said:

If these prices were to be the live server prices, that would show WG have learnt nothing from the PR debacle.

You mean from event which bring WG more money as all previous events combined?

• Cool 5

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
222 posts
6,792 battles

While I usually don't defend them - and i do think 2m is a bit on the steep side - i don't think it is too bad. If you play a lot on 200% exp events, it's rather easy to grind quite a lot of FXP provided you got some camos and flags. I think i bought the Alaska for FXP sometime in December and am back to ~850k FEXP now (while i used probably 50-60k for some modules). Yes it will take a while, but on the other hand it is a T10 ship and you can accelerate the grind (which you basicly can't for Coal or Steel ships) by playing a lot.

Is it casual-friendly? Definitely not, but i don't think FXP and Armory Ships are supposed to be casual-friendly in the first place.

• Cool 1

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,244 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

Well yes if you call "buying it" throwing 250 euros at wargaming to convert 2Mil free xp...

2 Millions free xp are insane, and i always thought that wasting dobulons on xp conversion ia a waste of money, considering what else you can purchase

But can i ask were have you readed about the new prices?

I have saved over 1 Million free exp, and since i already own the Nelson, the Alaska and the Yoshino, i was waiting for the rumored new german battlecruisers.

But if the price is that high, i will probably reconsider, and purchased the Azuma before its price increase

• Cool 2

[SWAMP]
Players
219 posts
6,213 battles

Any source for 2M free exp to Hayate? If it's true I can really fk WG! I just planning to buy it for a cost max 1.2M Free Exp.

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles
1 hour ago, Sigimundus said:

You mean from event which bring WG more money as all previous events combined?

But at what price? 

I wonder how many players would put up with something like the PR grind & cost becoming part of the norm. 

Weekend Tester
816 posts
9,270 battles
5 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

The 2 million XP rumour is, still just that, a rumour!

So was the absurd 175k coal price for the "special" captains...

• Cool 16

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
301 posts
7,842 battles

WG have been quite honest (for once) about the in-game economy being a car crash - so many types of currency, so many ways to earn it, and only limited things to spend it on. 

So expect FXP and coal things to be more expensive.

Players
268 posts
5,786 battles
23 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

So was the absurd 175k coal price for the "special" captains...

Even so, the directives for "the ship we won't mention," were pretty simple on the PTS and we all know how that turned out!  In saying that, if it is 2m XP then if people can achieve it fine, if not, the world moves on. :)

Players
4,487 posts
7,604 battles
34 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

The 2 million XP rumour is, still just that, a rumour!

It's on the PT server at 2m, but that could be a placeholder value so there's no guarantee that it'lll be that on live.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this