Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Naval Legends: B-413

13 comments in this topic

[VL-NL]
[VL-NL]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
138 posts
21,586 battles

Why another project sov?

O i see to few interesting ships left in the world to make an article .

Mea Culpa:Smile-_tongue:

Players
11 posts
6,279 battles
Just now, Van_Bazel said:

Why another project sov?

O i see to few interesting ships left in the world to make an article .

Mea Culpa:Smile-_tongue:

A submarine from the cold war era will be a perfect addition to this game to pwn some ww2 era battleship. 

• Funny 6

Players
864 posts
11,096 battles

We sailed around a bit, got caught, had to surface, then were let go (coz they were tracking us the whole time).

And its a "Legend".

Soviet bias even in the videos now.

A whole world of actual *they did stuff* Naval Legends, for Navies that actually existed, and we get this Russian Propaganda.

• Cool 4

Players
15 posts
7,915 battles

the standard for beeing a Legend differs from country to country........and btw ....why are you using a worldmap (12:23) with coastlines after melting all the ice on earth?

• Funny 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
34,191 battles
2 hours ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

We sailed around a bit, got caught, had to surface, then were let go (coz they were tracking us the whole time).

And its a "Legend".

Trying to nullify an achievement because you don´t like the nation(-ality) :cap_like:

Guess a real legend is then the Alaska which killed some civilians in coastal bombardments and got decommissioned after whopping 4 years of service.

• Cool 1

Players
864 posts
11,096 battles
10 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

Trying to nullify an achievement because you don´t like the nation(-ality) :cap_like:

Guess a real legend is then the Alaska which killed some civilians in coastal bombardments and got decommissioned after whopping 4 years of service.

Who says I don't like the nation?.. its merely a "meh" achievement, if it can be called even that... there was no war, they weren't being shot at and they didn't achieve anything other than being caught and then let go by the yanks.

Sergei Preminin - hero, Kolesnikov - hero,  this lot? ... nah.

I think what we are really seeing here is the lack of funds that WG has so that they are unable to afford to do anything much "away from home"...

(and the world map with an incorrect sea level is just bizarre.)

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,450 battles

Russian cruiser line split with stealth radar. Russian t10 bb basically the best in the game. Russian Smolensk with "no armor best armor" that doesn't get punished and has smoke, torps, hydro, and the dumbest dpm and fire chance combo in the game. When the Royal Navy gets a line split we see two additional premium ships added. When the russians get a split the premiums blot out the sun. Articles on russian stuff.

Yea, we get it, you're russians. Can you stop being ridiculous now? Thanks.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
11,227 posts
7,611 battles

To be fair: the video isn’t bad really  and the Cuba story is outright interesting.

The only problem with the vid is the name - that ship is. no legend. 

Nevertheless the video shows a lot of typical things around living in a submarine around WW2 (the Foxtrotts are essentially still WW2 tech). Heat, cramped space, the Soviet obsession with secrecy to an extend that even their own soldiers don’t know what’s going on and the famous cat and mouse game which in realty was chess.

And for the game - a Foxtrott class would clearly fit the game as these ships are basically comparable to late WW2 tech. I guess we will see them anyway at some point 

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
969 posts
20,233 battles

The very antithesis of a legend.

I would agree that she was so rudimentary that she would fit into a WW2 tech game.

Players
11 posts
6,279 battles
4 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

To be fair: the video isn’t bad really  and the Cuba story is outright interesting.

Nevertheless the video shows a lot of typical things around living in a submarine around WW2 (the Foxtrotts are essentially still WW2 tech). Heat, cramped space, the Soviet obsession with secrecy to an extend that even their own soldiers don’t know what’s going on and the famous cat and mouse game which in realty was chess.

And for the game - a Foxtrott class would clearly fit the game as these ships are basically comparable to late WW2 tech. I guess we will see them anyway at some point 

And for the game a nuclear bomb would clearly fit the game as these bombs are basically late ww2 tech. Still both will throw the already bad gamebalance out of the window.

[DREAD]
Players
11,227 posts
7,611 battles
25 minutes ago, Tompo said:

And for the game a nuclear bomb would clearly fit the game as these bombs are basically late ww2 tech. Still both will throw the already bad gamebalance out of the window.

That is a general topic and not related to Foxtrotts blending in well with Type XXIs

Players
2 posts
15,739 battles
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

This very much sums it up imho. Those videos are usually very nicely done, and quite informative. So I tend to enjoy watching them. 

The title "legend" just feels a wee bit off at times, and lately, for me, this was very much the case with those two related to submarines. 

If some sub was special in a way, sure, do a bit about it. It's also interesting to hear about  some historic event from a different side / perspective.

Howerver, damaging some fisherboats and such, or sailing about the ocean without knowing much about what is actually going on just isn't what I'd label "legendary" in my books.

I'd rather see a Naval Legend Episode about ships like the Kamchatka. Might not be admired by everyone, but should be famous enough. Or infamous... Either way, certainly a unique story to tell about that one. Should be a honorary premium in the game, too!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this