You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Results: Help a Friend – Win a Ship!

28 comments in this topic

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,974 battles

Nice! :cat_cool:

• Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
1 hour ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Make use of the Recruiting Station within the next 2 weeks and you can become the proud owner of a Tier VII-IX ship.

Read it on the portal

Is English not your 1st language ? "Can become" sounds too much like a definite thing. Sounds misleading, almost. Guaranteed rewards only occur if you get two points at least, and then you get...only camouflages and a flag. 

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Not really worth the effort of scavenging new recruits (as in: the chances of getting a decent reward are slim to none). That flag sure looks nice, pity it won't be awarded to recruiters who already have X recruits in their portfolio. 

A sign of the times at WG where your past efforts & accomplishments are ignored, and only new stuff is worth something. I'm stepping out of that ratrace.

• Cool 11

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
88 posts
10,532 battles
1 hour ago, iJoby said:

Nice! :cat_cool:

Er … no?

I read up on the rules and you are entered into a draw to win one of a very few ships.

Why go to all the effort of recruiting (a.k.a. doing WG's job), playing with newbies at boring low tiers, trashing your win rate (if you care about it) and all for the return of a 0.0000000001% chance of a ship.

So, no - not, "Nice!".

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,995 posts
11,775 battles

Most of my friends have left the game for reasons that are still part of the gameplay mechanic. Recruiting them back is not an option and recruiting new folks is not really possible at my age. What demographic does WG mostly cater for?

• Cool 3

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,974 battles
1 hour ago, britinmadrid said:

Er … no?

I read up on the rules and you are entered into a draw to win one of a very few ships.

Why go to all the effort of recruiting (a.k.a. doing WG's job), playing with newbies at boring low tiers, trashing your win rate (if you care about it) and all for the return of a 0.0000000001% chance of a ship.

So, no - not, "Nice!".

Because the recruitment bureau brings me great rewards every month, I am not too bothered about this recent event, but getting the flag will be nice. I haven't got the time to play a battle with all my recruits. 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[N0RSE]
Players
203 posts
10,189 battles

Wow, back 2 school camo, the one the art department spent 2 seconds designing and has the definition of mediocre as bonus.. Wow, no thanks.. Flag is easy to get, might do that.. 2pts 

• Funny 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
5 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

What demographic does WG mostly cater for?

The sick and the unemployed (or a combination of both).

• Funny 4

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,563 posts
20,148 battles

Why would anyone in his right mind start to play this unbalanced game, where new players are thrown under the CV bus by a company that does not respect their customers?

This is a game where the devs push out unwanted changes that are not properly tested, ignoring feedback, and then expect us to buy boring premiums that have the appeal of a rotten sandwich.

The mind boggles.

• Cool 4

Players
461 posts
16,092 battles

The OP says 'next two weeks', but the article says that the deadline for earning points is at the end of the month - one week from now. Either way, the tasks required to earn points within that period are quite onerous for a few trinkets and the mere chance of some more valuable reward, unless you are fortunate enough to have a recruit at the cusp of his milestone. Will the flag be available by some ongoing means in future?

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

WG still desperately trying to get some 'fresh blood' into the game while the same WG makes it as hard as possible for them to do anything.

Makes me question the capabilities of the lead guy(s) making decisions as it doesn't make any sense.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[P7S]
Players
181 posts

Hey WG, great initiative!

How about I give you a better idea? How about you start fixing your game instead of milking players and then I will start inviting everyone I know? :cap_like:

How about that?

Until then I recommend everyone to stay away from your products.

• Cool 6

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
Alle 21/2/2020 alle 15:00, The_EURL_Guy ha scritto:

Make use of the Recruiting Station within the next 2 weeks and you can become the proud owner of a Tier VII-IX ship.

Read it on the portal

Why? Why should I invite my friends to play this game only to see them getting stalked to death by 2-3 Hosho/Langley seal-clubbers?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
6 hours ago, Bics93 said:

Why? Why should I invite my friends to play this game only to see them getting stalked to death by 2-3 Hosho/Langley seal-clubbers?

Most of the time there is a Devonshire or other good AA ship near you at the start of the battle... 

• Bad 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,563 posts
20,148 battles
15 minutes ago, Nebuched said:

Most of the time there is a Devonshire or other good AA ship near you at the start of the battle... 

The Devonshire is a T6 ship, Hosho and Langley are T4 ships. Please enlighten us how the ships can meet in battle without creating an anchored fail division?

• Cool 2

Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The Devonshire is a T6 ship, Hosho and Langley are T4 ships. Please enlighten us how the ships can meet in battle without creating an anchored fail division?

Magic ;) In all seriousness I forgot about t4 tier spread, but you can substitute the example with Omaha, Texas, Konig, whatever. 

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
1 ora fa, Nebuched ha scritto:

Magic ;) In all seriousness I forgot about t4 tier spread, but you can substitute the example with Omaha, Texas, Konig, whatever. 

How can a Texas defend me with his 3,5km range AA?  

• Funny 2

[ROPS]
Players
90 posts
6,302 battles

Recruiting Station flag  (only for Recruiters)

all that invited players should have that flag, i myself invited someone, didn't got crap

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles

Are those repeatable or one time only?

It says, for example that "Have a shipmate accept an invitation and play 1 battle".

So if my shipmate plays 10 games, do I get 10 points?

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
29 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

So if my shipmate plays 10 games, do I get 10 points?

No.

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
32 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

No.

So, the maximum amount of points a recruiter can receive are 4?

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
3 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

So, the maximum amount of points a recruiter can receive are 4?

Per person/shipmate/friend/whatever WG calls their next victim.

• Cool 1