Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - changes to test ships

32 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,559 posts
3,873 battles

European destroyer Klas Horn, Tier IV:

• Main battery reload time increased from 5.5 to 6.1 s.
  • Torpedo range reduced from 9 to 8 km.

Detectability range by ships increased from 6.32 to 6.82 km. Other detectability ranges increased in accordance with it.

European destroyer Visby, Tier V:

• Main battery reload time increased from 6.5 to 7 s.
  • Torpedo range reduced from 9 to 8 km.

Detectability range by ships increased from 6.23 to 6.82 km. Other detectability ranges increased in accordance with it.

European destroyer Västerås, Tier VI:

• Main battery reload time increased from 6.5 to 7 s.
  • Torpedo range reduced from 10 to 9 km.

European destroyer Skåne, Tier VII:

• Main battery reload time increased from 2.8 to 3.2 s.
  • Torpedo range reduced from 12 to 10 km.

European destroyer Öland, Tier VIII:

• Main battery reload time increased from 2.5 to 2.8 s.

European destroyer Östergötland, Tier IX:

• Main battery reload time increased from 2.3 to 2.5 s.
  • Torpedo parameters changed:
  • Torpedo speed reduced from 86 to 80 kt;
  • Torpedo range reduced from 15 to 13,5 km;

Detectability range by ships increased from 7.22 to 7.62 km. Other detectability ranges increased in accordance with it.

European destroyer Småland, Tier X:

• Main battery reload time reduced from 1.8 to 1.7 s.

Detectability range by ships reduced from 7.92 to 7.82 km. Other detectability ranges reduced in accordance with it.

We adjusted the parameters of European destroyers based on testing results. 

French destroyer Marceau, Tier X:

• Detectability range by ships reduced from 9.88 to 8.88 km. Other detectability ranges reduced in accordance with it.

Based on testing results, we've decided to revert Marceau's detectability changes to emphasize the differences in playstyle between her and Kleber.

Japanese battleship Yashima, Tier X:

• The ship is renamed to Shikishima.

The old name was too similar to the name of the other Japanese Tier X ship Yoshino. The new name, as well as the old one, was historically used for a pre-dreadnought battleship.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,528 posts
13,801 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

Well I guess Shikishima is less like Shimakaze than Yashima is similar to Yoshino.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Players
1,567 posts
3,209 battles
50 minuti fa, Tanatoy ha scritto:

The old name was too similar to the name of the other Japanese Tier X ship Yoshino. The new name, as well as the old one, was historically used for a pre-dreadnought battleship.

I really don't know what to say about this; changing a ship name just becasue it's "similar" to another one makes me laugh. I mean, they might be similar in "latin characters", but in Japanese, only "shi" remains the same. Since they were both used on ships I'm fine with both, but i don't think that changing the name just because it's similar it's a good reason. 

IMG_20200221_170201.thumb.jpg.7b5e8fc023c5790db70c1e808b23cc45.jpg

• Cool 2

[NCDF]
Players
146 posts
4,869 battles

If a french guy talks about Kolberg, you could think that he's talking about Colbert, as in french, those 2 ships are pronounced the EXACT same way...

• Cool 3

1,528 posts
13,801 battles
6 minutes ago, Echo_519 said:

If a french guy talks about Kolberg, you could think that he's talking about Colbert, as in french, those 2 ships are pronounced the EXACT same way...

Yeah but you're not likely to bump in to a Kolberg in the same game as a Colbert. Same for St Louis and St Louis.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,879 battles

So Marceau has now the old kleber concealment? And it can be detected at a minimum of 7km....? 

Question:When will you make these annoying ships eat penetrations from 283mm guns and above? YOU KNOW just like khabarovsk does? or give them same crappy torpedoes? or same crappy rudder shift? or maybe the same crappy short range? OR MAYBE YOU CAN STOP INTRODUCING BULLSH** HE SPAMMING SHIPS?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,319 battles
10 minuti fa, Animalul2012 ha scritto:

So Marceau has now the old kleber concealment? And it can be detected at a minimum of 7km....? 

Question:When will you make these annoying ships eat penetrations from 283mm guns and above? YOU KNOW just like khabarovsk does? or give them same crappy torpedoes? or same crappy rudder shift? or maybe the same crappy short range? OR MAYBE YOU CAN STOP INTRODUCING BULLSH** HE SPAMMING SHIPS?

Or maybe buff Khaba:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
223 posts
7,051 battles
3 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Seriously? Yashima is really better name than Shikishima. Who cares if they are similar?  And this ship will need a lot of changes if they want to make it worth the steel. 

• Cool 3

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,865 posts
27,107 battles
3 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

French destroyer Marceau, Tier X:

• Detectability range by ships reduced from 9.88 to 8.88 km. Other detectability ranges reduced in accordance with it.

Based on testing results, we've decided to revert Marceau's detectability changes to emphasize the differences in playstyle between her and Kleber.

Also WG

With the current detectability ranges, high-speed Mogador and Kleber can execute surprise attacks with the enemy having not enough time to react. In combination with the main advantage of French destroyers - effective main battery - these ships were too strong in comparison with other destroyers.

So, can somebody from WG explain what is a logic here? So basically Kleber is too effective because of its concealment but somehow the ship with same speed, same detectability as the pre nerfed Kleber, and same DPM without MBR as Kleber with it, is somehow OK? WTH WG?

• Cool 5

1,528 posts
13,801 battles
12 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Also WG

So, can somebody from WG explain what is a logic here? So basically Kleber is too effective because of its concealment but somehow the ship with same speed, same detectability as the pre nerfed Kleber, and same DPM without MBR as Kleber with it, is somehow OK? WTH WG?

Marceau torps are 60knts, not 75, do 14k alpha, not 18k and reload in 150s, not 77s.

The torp strike power to ambush was a reason Klebers concealment was nerfed. Not as big an issue with Marceau.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,865 posts
27,107 battles
4 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Marceau torps are 60knts, not 75, do 14k alpha, not 18k and reload in 150s, not 77s.

The torp strike power to ambush was a reason Klebers concealment was nerfed. Not as big an issue with Marceau.

Considering Marceau DPM on guns, and that Marceau also has good AP, somehow I doubt it won't be and issue. Same playstyle that old Kleber did, now you can do with Marceau, especially vs DDs. Marceau will only suffer on longer range due shell nerfs. Sure you want be able to use torps as often but ambushing DDs and cruisers with that DPM, same thing why Kleber was so strong, could now be done with Marceau with easy. 

1,528 posts
13,801 battles
1 minute ago, fumtu said:

Considering Marceau DPM on guns, and that Marceau also has good AP, somehow I doubt it won't be and issue. Same playstyle that old Kleber did, now you can do with Marceau, especially vs DDs. Marceau will only suffer on longer range due shell nerfs. Sure you want be able to use torps as often but ambushing DDs and cruisers with that DPM, same thing why Kleber was so strong, could now be done with Marceau with easy. 

I didnt say it wont be, but Kleber was designed to be strong at range with good ballistics and has good performance from both HE and AP, so it shouldnt have good close range performance from amazing torps as well.

Marceau will play in close quarters more often to mitigate the problematic ballistics its 127mm guns have. Its torps are overall weaker but already had 1km extra range than Kleber. It can use them at a range that would be more suited to Marceau but not wreak havoc with them because the torp performance is much lower than klebers.

[STURM]
[STURM]
Beta Tester
42 posts
13,414 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Tanatoy sagte:

I have hope again for Odin. Maybe they realize that a tier 8 brawler BB with just 52.000 HP will not work, too.

• Funny 3

Players
1,432 posts
6,028 battles

And I'm still waiting for news about Siegfried, Mainz and the others ... :Smile_sceptic:

On 2/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, Tanatoy said:

Then please also rename Yamato, because the name sounds too similar :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,705 posts
6,864 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, Wolfsgrimm said:

I have hope again for Odin. Maybe they realize that a tier 8 brawler BB with just 52.000 HP will not work, too.

„There ish no hope“

(you gotta read that with a Connery voice)

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,906 posts
19,732 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, Tanatoy said:

The old name was too similar to the name of the other Japanese Tier X ship Yoshino.

Saint Louis - St. Louis

Lyon - Lion

HMMMM.....

• Cool 7

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Akizuki and Akatsuki doesn't sound similar at all. And being T7 and T8 they never encounter one another.

WG making sense, as usual.

[/s]

P.S. Will the nickname of Shikishima be "shima"? As we already have that one as well. And the same tier at that...

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4

1,528 posts
13,801 battles

To everyone going on about the Shikishima name still should remember that the A-150 had no official name and that WG cannot change the fact that St Louis and Saint Louis are their historical names but they can change Yashima to Shikishima or whatever they want because it's not a historical name no matter what they choose. At least they are selecting them from IJN dreadnought names.

Of the ship name they could use,

• Fuji and Yashima
  • Shikishima and Hatsuse
  • Katori and Kashima
  • Satsuma and Aki
  • Asashi
  • Mikasa.

I assumed they would want to avoid name ships and would have to choose between Yashima, Hatsuse, Kashima and Aki and I would probably have chosen Kashima. But they've chosen Shikishima.

• Cool 1

Players
1,567 posts
3,209 battles

@Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu We are not arguing about the name itself; we're arguing about the reason of why name has been changed, because we already have ship manes that sound similar or that are written the same way and only the accent changes (Saint Louis Ship_PASC004_St_Louis_1906.png and Saint Louis Ship_PFSC109_Saint_Louis.png). The thing is that in game, the USN Saint Louis is written like this St. Louis while the French Saint Louis is written like this Saint-Louis

As i already said in my first post, i'm fine with both names (allthough i call "Battle of Tsushima PTSD" on this); still tho, the reason doesn't make sense to me. 

Original ships in spoiler

Spoiler

IJN Yashima

dd149097.jpg

IJN Shikishima

d9beaf96.jpg

P. S. On a less important note, it's easier to pronounce correctly Yashima than Shikishima.

[OCG-R]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
741 posts
16,635 battles

don't forget that

St. Louis and Saint Louis are in differents nations and tier, as well as Lyon and Lion.

in opposition Yoshino and Yashima are in the same nation and in the same tier.

• Cool 1

1,528 posts
13,801 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu We are not arguing about the name itself; we're arguing about the reason of why name has been changed, because we already have ship manes that sound similar or that are written the same way and only the accent changes (Saint Louis and Saint Louis ).

Yes but Wargaming cant change that because both the St Louis and the Saint Louis are already their real names.

But Wargaming can name the A-150 whatever they want, so if they feel a name is too similar they are free to change it...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,656 posts
10,193 battles

They should have just named it "Yamato 1947" :Smile_trollface:

I'm fine with either, as they both were used as dreadnought names before, and both are classical names for Japan. Personally I like Shikishima more, to my ear it just tingles better.

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
On 2/21/2020 at 3:00 PM, Tanatoy said:

•  The ship is renamed to Shikishima.

How about changing the awful name for the T8 RN Heavy cruiser, please.

[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,951 battles
On 2/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, Wolfsgrimm said:

Not gonna happen. Reason is: it's a german(!) ship.  

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this